• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xtra=Discraft equivalent to a Banshee. Came out in '99 or '00. Discontinued in 2004. Cool disc, great for forehand shots.

I bought this disc for my wife in 2009, but still have no idea what it is...

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

The abbreviation on the bottom looks like "QO", but I didn't see that on Innova's abbreviation master list. Anybody have an idea?

My original topic was merged with this one, but it is pages and pages ago in the thread, so it seemed to go unnoticed. See if you guys can figure out what disc this is (it's from the 2009 Raleigh Disc Golf Championship) and weighs 174 g.

Mystery Disc:
picture.php

Wraith (left) vs. Mystery Disc
picture.php

Teebird (left) vs. Mystery Disc
picture.php

Based on what I can tell, it is not a Wraith, Boss, Excalibur, Dragon, Roadrunner, or Teebird. Thoughts?

Here is the nipple, with a darker copy on paper to the right:
picture.php

To me, it looks like WR for Wraith...but it doesn't match the profile of my actual Wraith.

Well, okay then. Champion Wraith it is then! What are the differences between a Champion and DX Wraith (other than appearance)? DX will get more flippy with wear, and Champion will be more consistent, right?

Looks like a leopard or TL ..more like a TL .... but with that abbreviation Who knows?

I compared it to a champ leopard after your post, but the rim width didn't match. Maybe it's a TL?

Any other ideas?

Ok I have a destroyer that is red . Feels like pro plastic but looks kind of like champ. You can see through it. It has the dx destroyer stamp. Any idea? It also has a super flat top

Last edited:
Ok I have a destroyer that is red . Feels like pro plastic but looks kind of like champ. You can see through it. It has the dx destroyer stamp. Any idea? It also has a super flat top

Didn't they make some superlight floating destroyers that fit that description?

Didn't they make some superlight floating destroyers that fit that description?

Frank is correct. They ran some light DX Destroyers that were made out of the Dragon floater plastic that you can see through. A lot of people got excited thinking they were Champ (Champ Destroyers were not in regular production at the time) but they are DX.

Just got a Discmania S-Line DD from another DGCR'r. Just wondering if anyone knew if this was originally going to be a new Innova mold that was going to come out. I ask because the markings underneath say Star AW. Find it funny at the factory they couldn't at least act like Discmania was different :D.

The first runs were all marked like that and DGR had a big discussion on it. Check the DD thread over there (I think it was inconclusive though).

Status
Not open for further replies.