• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you could only use one disc what would it be?

ssittler

I'm playing in a 1 disc tournament this weekend and am torn between my old reliable midrange and a so-called fairway driver.
The midrange will go where i throw it, consistently but won't give me a birdie bid on anything over 350'. The fairway driver conversely will give me an opportunity to make more birdies but I know i'll feel uncomfortable on approach shots.
What disc would YOU use if you were going to play in a 1 disc event? I suspect it all depends on the course length, etc. But let's, for the sake of this thread, assume you were going to play on your favorite home course.
What would be your ONE disc?

If it were playing Knob Hill, I would play with n Ibex or Coyote.

If I was at Deer Lakes or Moraine, I would play with a star firebird, or CFR Destroyer. Putting would be a little harder though.

My beat-in Pro D Buzzz. It holds lines predictably and doesn't skip on approaches.

If it were playing Knob Hill, I would play with n Ibex or Coyote.

If I was at Deer Lakes or Moraine, I would play with a star firebird, or CFR Destroyer. Putting would be a little harder though.

Have fun skipping the drivers!

i think a lot of people are going to tell you buzzz

but i think its your favorite stable to overstable putter, you can roll with it, it's more comfortable on approach and the most important of all its good on the putt. if you can throw mids 350' then an overstable putter should go 300' right. that distance should be fine on most courses.
i am biased but i would throw a heavy stiff wizard.

I would definitely play with my Wiz. I'd sacrifice the 100 ft or so on drives that I would get with a faster disc just so I could be comfortable approaching and putting

QMS.
I can throw almost as far as my drivers and it has a small rim, so I can putt with it.
Second choice would be a Comet.

QMS.
I can throw almost as far as my drivers and it has a small rim, so I can putt with it.
Second choice would be a Comet.

I would definitely use a QMS. I can drive, approach and putt with it. Hands down (for me) it's the best all around disc.

No matter which disc you choose you will walk up on a shot and think to yourself, "I wish I had used a *unspecified disc* instead of this one".

I would choose an Aviar.