• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you could only use one disc what would it be?

Before I probably would have said Roc. But now... Anode... it is just so damn good. Also I don't mid shorter discs because that extra 100' won't mean a whole lot. Focus on getting 3's but when you can pick up 2's go for 2. That is what I am doing now.

My first thought is my Z zone. It's a gummier Z plastic that really grabs chains (my go to 15+ mph headwind putter) and has the stability to be thrown hard and hold a line for a long way before fading out. The Z zone is a bit glider than the pro-d/esp counter parts for me and there's not a ton of skip but can be made to skip around a corner if needed. Can handle quite a bit of power on a flick or other trouble shots without getting squirrely. This disc has saved me more than a few strokes in tourney play.

on a dead calm day I might be tempted to pull out my opaque gummy BS Buzzz or FR Star Cro as they both are chain grabbing fools. the Cro putts well as it's similar to the zone in feel Buzzz takes a bit of getting used to with it's larger diameter. I still think I'd end up pulling the Z zone though unless most of the holes are right turn or dog-legged to the right.

Buzzz or a Zone...Zone's will handle much more torque without turning over, and is a putter, so putting is still pretty easy. A buzzz will go straighter and hold a line better though.

I would say a Roc, but if the disc breaks you're s.o.l, correct? I just busted a Roc in half during my 3rd round of use a few weeks back :(

Soft Anode... as if a nonputter is even a legit option.

On average, I'd say the 300 ft of distance with a putter is sufficient, and the putting accuracy 60 ft inwards is worth the sacrifice of not being able to birdie the 400+ fter.

Thought it doesn't even have a spot in my bag, I would take my warship. I can throw it far, I like it on approaches, and it feels alright in my hands for putting. Would be a nightmare for headwind putts but thats about it.

I would go favorite workable mid ( for me that a buzzz) or your putter (for me thats a wizard)

I would most likely go with the buzzz. I have used it to putt and approach and power down so it makes the most sense to me. I also have issues driving putters here of late though

The three I'd be choosing from would be:

Buzzz
Comet
Banger GT

I'd have to look at course, chances of wind and etc.

A buddy of mine and I were just talking about this last weekend...

Without a doubt it would be the Axis for me. No question.

I would probably go with a core. The one I have powers down well, and holds any line I put it on. The only other disc I would consider would be my Rhyno.