• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you could only use one disc what would it be?

SWK is on a necro binge.

I'd go DX Roc3. Probably my most used disc off the tee and I can putt ok with one.

Eclipse Reactor dead straight, holds the wind, and would likely be okay to putt.

180 soft uplink. Good distance fairway level distance, good shaping, decent to putt. If I was playing somewhere windier the Hex is my second choice.... Same great attributes with a little more beef and more FH friendly.

I don't actually bag one but Eclipse Envy is the most versatile disc on the market and would be my choice if I could only play with a single disc

Same.
I can do a LOT with an envy. Including putt very well.

I bag an envy to play with and putt with. Also use it to putt when I putt head winds. Cause envy dont care much about your head wind.

This is a hard question to answer, even in 2012!

What can you not give up to score well? Distance is not as important as shot shaping. Shot shaping might not be as important as putting? With less distance comes more need for accurate approach… maybe?

I'll pick a P2.

I don't actually bag one but Eclipse Envy is the most versatile disc on the market and would be my choice if I could only play with a single disc

Oooh and especially if it's "one disc" all the time other wise you could never play night golf again.

Good answer sir. I had never thought of that until right now with the one disc questions. Just came in from after work/ night disc with the dog. Sunset at 4:30.. Bah.. Two glow envy and I was set though.

I'm throwing my green Groove. It's the only groove I like. I can launch it on drives and drop thumbombs on target. Putting is a non-issue.

I have to ask, how many Grooves do you own?

Also:

attachment.php

I like this answer too. That'd probably be my choice.

The Groove is #2 obviously :D

I like this answer too. That'd probably be my choice.

The Groove is #2 obviously :D

I've thrown a LOT of discs.
I own a lot of discs.
I've watched so many people of so many skill levels throw so many discs.

And.
The envy is just in a category of its own when it comes to putters.

There are purists out there who will never give it a thought or a try, and they are truly missing out.

If you were to look at one of the best all around putters, envy is one of them.

I mean, it did win #1 on the huge poll on reddit as well.

The disc flies like a midrange, but can also fly like a putter.
It has glide, but it also has wind resistance and fight.
It will hold lines, and push lines.
And you can putt with it.

There are other great putters out there, but I cannot get them to do most of the things I can make an envy do.

Depends on the course. If the implication is period, for any course, then like others, my seasoned Dx Roc. Still holds anny and hyzer lines, doesn't get destroyed by wind, will go pretty straight on 250' and less approaches and putts reasonably well.

FTR, if the course matters, and it is a longer one, (lots of par 4's, 5's), I would actually go with my beat-in 150g Destroyer. I am not a great putter outside 25' anyway, I'd rather have the 50-75' on drives. Throwing 2-3 drives on longer holes can that easily saves a stroke. I can always anny my putts...

I've thrown a LOT of discs.
I own a lot of discs.
I've watched so many people of so many skill levels throw so many discs.

And.
The envy is just in a category of its own when it comes to putters.

There are purists out there who will never give it a thought or a try, and they are truly missing out.

If you were to look at one of the best all around putters, envy is one of them.

I mean, it did win #1 on the huge poll on reddit as well.

The disc flies like a midrange, but can also fly like a putter.
It has glide, but it also has wind resistance and fight.
It will hold lines, and push lines.
And you can putt with it.

There are other great putters out there, but I cannot get them to do most of the things I can make an envy do.

I have a Plasma Envy that just a few weeks ago earned the No. 1 spot for C1 putting. 20-30 mph winds gusting over 40. I was surprised at the number of putts that drop in the basket, and not one time did the Envy flip over on me over 4 rounds in two days unlike previous putters. The wind will pick up a little stronger over the winter months, looks like I may not need to putt with the Star Destroyer that I used last year when I gave up on a few other putters. The envy does have nice glide beyond putting range, haven't used it at all at mid-range distance.

I have a Plasma Envy that just a few weeks ago earned the No. 1 spot for C1 putting. 20-30 mph winds gusting over 40. I was surprised at the number of putts that drop in the basket, and not one time did the Envy flip over on me over 4 rounds in two days unlike previous putters. The wind will pick up a little stronger over the winter months, looks like I may not need to putt with the Star Destroyer that I used last year when I gave up on a few other putters. The envy does have nice glide beyond putting range, haven't used it at all at mid-range distance.

The uniqueness of the envy really gives it a special spot in the disc hall of fame if you ask me.

Because its a putter, but it doubles as a midrange.

I'm not afraid to push the envy to 300, and it likes it, that's the part that is nasty about it.
When you got even more power than me, it will easily push 350+

I've watched a guy throw envy's 380 repeatedly like it was no issue.

The disc is perfectly fine with being treated like a fine lady and being elegant and soft.

Or you can go full MMA with it and its like "okay lets do this." and totally fights back.

They do loose some charm over time and you gotta cycle. But it takes a bit, and having a premium plastic envy that gives you that turnover flight without its name being "proxy" is really good.

I can literally take a giant dump all over the proxy, but that's cause its the noodle arms envy.

But its cool as you've noticed.
Putting in a headwind? yeah, sure just switch to the envy and putt as normal.
It's annoying and awesome.
Until they get like 20+ then I switch to a 5 or 6 speed. hahaha