• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Imagine you are given a million dollars to spend on disc golf...

Posted today by PDGA Facebook

What would you do?

attachment.php

I'd buy some acreage and put in my dream course.

That, or buy like 20 backups of my favorite molds in preferred weights and plastics and spend the other $999,000 on traveling the world playing far-flung adventure golf. :cool:

I would have tee signs that have video screens showing a live feed of the basket. That way you can see your ace on a blind hole, as well as know when the people in front of you are done with the hole.

I would have tee signs that have video screens showing a live feed of the basket. That way you can see your ace on a blind hole, as well as know when the people in front of you are done with the hole.

:cool: :thmbup:

I would design and install beginner DG programs at YMCA camps (or other similar). This would include course design and installation, trainings to teach counselors how to teach kids how to DG, ongoing teaching tools (imagine an I-pad that the counselor carries with them as they're teaching DG, each tee sign has a QRcode linked to a instructional videos on types of throws, or a hole overview etc.) literature on DG skills and followup info for the campers to take home along with a disc for each camper to bring home advertising the program.

Get DG into the hands of the younger generations, they're the future of DG.

The good thing about private is that you can control who plays your course and have a waiver for everyone to sign before they play. If they are playing without a signed waiver on file they are trespassing. Problem solved! :)

not sure how well that would hold up in court.

Or. I'm going to develop a wilderness tripping program that integrates guerrilla course design. I'd hike with a group of students into the mountains (or any various wilderness area) to wherever we deem the perfect location to build a course. Then we would build a championship caliber course that we would play for a day or two, have some sort of tournament amongst ourselves and then dismantle the course, move on to another location and repeat. On completion of the course the students get to keep their discs, a portable basket, and get a certificate of course design and maybe even some college credit. We'd employ disc golfers, course designers, and wilderness instructors. Again teaching the younger generation valuable life and disc golf skills.

Or. I'm going to develop a wilderness tripping program that integrates guerrilla course design. I'd hike with a group of students into the mountains (or any various wilderness area) to wherever we deem the perfect location to build a course. Then we would build a championship caliber course that we would play for a day or two, have some sort of tournament amongst ourselves and then dismantle the course, move on to another location and repeat. On completion of the course the students get to keep their discs, a portable basket, and get a certificate of course design and maybe even some college credit. We'd employ disc golfers, course designers, and wilderness instructors. Again teaching the younger generation valuable life and disc golf skills.

:thmbup: this is genius.

Sounds like I'm gonna have to take you out to Siskyous. :D

In reality, I like the ideas of using that money to make money to help support groups that need it.

However, since we're living in fantasy world anyway, I'm going to blow it on my disc golf complex:

$500,000 for the perfect plot of land.
$100,000 for course installation - Three courses (red, white, and blue), with the ability to convert to one large tournament-only gold layout playing across all three courses.
$200,000 for the construction and stocking of a small clubhouse/proshop
$100,000 for landscaping
$100,000 added cash for the grand opening tournament

This is what I would do. Make just ONE course. But, make it the top destination course in the world.

Buy some of the land around Stoney Hill and go crazy designing new holes. Using some of the money to hire labor, this time.

Practically speaking, buying land is one of the few ways to spend that kind of money without just frittering it away. Whether you can get the perfect property for $500,000, though, depends on where you are.

I think I would probably buy a nice piece of property somewhere here in the Humboldt area to put in a 3+ course, destination place. Then I would probably put the rest towards building a Par Infinity Hall of Fame and a pro shop onsite, as well as putting alot of it into future tournys that I put on out there.

Host a $500,000 tournament here in Ottumwa using the courses we have here and that will be after we use $100,000 to make them even better. Then the last $400,000 will be distributed across Iowa to better all of our courses and help start leagues to promote disc golf through out the state. Also with the $500,000 tournament it will help bring actual big names to the event that might sponsor players and other events that may happen which will lead to a increase in pay outs and disc golf being seen all around the world and developing into the sport we all know it can be.

dream course with brewery, pub featuring other fine beers, top-shelf liquor, and good food, camping on-site, and pro shop.

I'd buy an RV and a ton of beginner friendly discs, spend the week days playing new courses and running evening clinics for kids and other beginners, and run beginner friendly events with tournament rounds and other fun side events on the weekends. I'd get to see the country and play a bunch of new places and hopefully spread the word about our sport at the same time.

Hire all the top course designers to put their heads together to make 3 - 24 hole courses. Land, 100 site campground, bar/restaurant, pro shop

I would make a killer 18 hole course that is still somewhat beginner friendly in the nature woods behind our school, I would also buy crates I backups so I never have to worry about that again, and I would put the rest in a savings account so that by the time the trees at my house have matured and I buy the woods next to my house I can put an amazing 27 hole complex with a pro shop.

Id build an indoor course and install heat & a/c. Id also pay innova to make a disc and name it after me.

I'd get some hot shot throwers involved with the X-games and give out free discs to get the public jazzed about the sport. Or hold a frisbee fest with some good bands, a beginner friendly course, and free discs. And of course a dream course in Tahiti.