• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Champion name

Innova does some crazy stuff sometimes. Just read on the PDGA forum that the Coyote has been retooled to be more stable. The original flight numbers on the Coyote were 4,5,-1,1. The new numbers are 4,5,0,1. And the Mako which just came out is 4,5,0,0. Seem crazy to make two discs so similiar and retool one of them to make it almost exactly the same. Prediction: The Mako will be retooled. New numbers will be 4,5,1,1.

I wouldn't mind an anteater...those are some cute mofos.
anteater1.jpg

the innova snipe
once it goes in the woods, no one can find it...

Innova does some crazy stuff sometimes. Just read on the PDGA forum that the Coyote has been retooled to be more stable. The original flight numbers on the Coyote were 4,5,-1,1. The new numbers are 4,5,0,1. And the Mako which just came out is 4,5,0,0. Seem crazy to make two discs so similiar and retool one of them to make it almost exactly the same. Prediction: The Mako will be retooled. New numbers will be 4,5,1,1.

I've questioned the Mako's numbers from the start. It the Coyote is a 4,4,-1,1 (and I agree with those numbers) then the Mako is a 4,4,-2,1 IMO as I threw it. If you hyzer flip it, it flies really straight, but is quite understable out of the box if thrown normally.

The Coyote was my favorite out-of-the-box understable mid, the Mako was too understable, at least for my liking.

I want an Innova Sloth, the slowest putter ever made.

also...while i'm still not on a roll;

what is innova gonna do when all the decent animal name
are used up?

will we see the ocelot?
fruit bat?
yak?
platypus? (pluto platter-puss?)

I guess they ran out already:boss/katana/groove/dart/xcal etc

Too bad,
i'd buy a innova-champion proto star champion platypus in a ny minute...especially in neuro-toxin green

LOL.
Sloth(loves to find and then hang out in the trees)
Dung Beetle(roller disc naturally)
and the much anticipated Possum(the disc that you can officially blame when your game dies).

I've questioned the Mako's numbers from the start. It the Coyote is a 4,4,-1,1 (and I agree with those numbers) then the Mako is a 4,4,-2,1 IMO as I threw it. If you hyzer flip it, it flies really straight, but is quite understable out of the box if thrown normally.

The Coyote was my favorite out-of-the-box understable mid, the Mako was too understable, at least for my liking.

I've had one of each in Star plastic and on the practice field they just seem identical to me. When new, they were straight, and now they are understable which isn't what I wanted when I bought the Mako. In my opinion, either the Mako or Coyote could be discontinued and I don't think anyone would care unless the new mold Coyote really is 4,5,0,1. I won't be buying one to find out.

worst thread in a long time... welcome to dgcr!

This bud's fer you, ace

The Innova "Drunken" Driver
Speed 20/Turn 10/Fade -10/Glide 0

Guaranteed to pull 4 "s" curves and plow into a tree (or parked car if handy)

This bud's fer you, ace

The Innova "Drunken" Driver
Speed 20/Turn 10/Fade -10/Glide 0

Guaranteed to pull 4 "s" curves and plow into a tree (or parked car if handy)

Then they could do a special CFR run; Legend of the Drunken Driver :D

Thanks for the chuckles, guys! This is FAH!

I'm waiting for Innova to create a line of overstable discs named after NASCAR drivers!

Last edited:
Ok, back to the original post (temporarily):

Champion Discs Inc. made the first disc I ever had - the Aero. Later, these came out as the Innova Aero. I have no idea why, but I assume either they changed company names or a company named Innova bought out Champion. Later still, there was this Champion plastic, I suppose as an homage to the old company name. Now we see Innova calling themselves Innova Champion. Strange. Google finds me this:

http://www.demandbase.com/directory/champion_discs_inc-business-contacts

Outdated or ????

Anyone know the history on this?