• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

I am going to wait too until they are on a site that lists weight and color so I can get exactly what I need: max weight in orange.

I haven't thrown a rhyno in ages. What's the appeal of a Gstar version?

I haven't thrown a rhyno in ages. What's the appeal of a Gstar version?

I like the Rhyno because it has that old school feel to it, kind of like a Roc. And I can put some stank on it and it will fight back. Think a more stable driving/upshot putter. The Pro Rhyno was always money for me because it had glide. My experience with the G* is that they have Pro plastic like glide. But more durable. My TeeBirds FLY!

I guess I got lucky with mine. They all have destroyer tops and fly like destroyers.

Same here. Flies like my worn in *DS. Identical in feel as well aside from bein way more floppy plastic :D

Please explain something to me, I don't throw Rhynos. I know this isn't true for all Gstar but I have Destroyers & Teebirds & they are definitely less stable than standard star. If this is true for Rhynos doesn't that defeat the purpose of a Rhyno? Also, I know Star Rhynos are probably one of the most unpopular molds Innova has. Besides being a softer star how will these be different than the regular star that nobody wants?
Again I don't throw Rhynos so this is mostly a question out of curiosity

Please explain something to me, I don't throw Rhynos. I know this isn't true for all Gstar but I have Destroyers & Teebirds & they are definitely less stable than standard star. If this is true for Rhynos doesn't that defeat the purpose of a Rhyno? Also, I know Star Rhynos are probably one of the most unpopular molds Innova has. Besides being a softer star how will these be different than the regular star that nobody wants?
Again I don't throw Rhynos so this is mostly a question out of curiosity

Going by what I've read here, the G* Roc3 and Valkyrie are more overstable than the other plastics, so I'm not sure we can definitively conclude that all G* is more understable.
I also was not aware I didn't want a star rhyno. Only thrown DX and champ.

If they are flat they could be more popular than regular star.

I was being a smartass. The only Star plastic I've ever really liked is the FR PD. The G* on the other hand...I adore. It's really grippy despite being much softer than I generally prefer my plastic to be. I really hope it doesn't turn into a floppy mess this summer because I love the TeeBirds.

Going by what I've read here, the G* Roc3 and Valkyrie are more overstable than the other plastics, so I'm not sure we can definitively conclude that all G* is more understable.
I also was not aware I didn't want a star rhyno. Only thrown DX and champ.

This I have found true of all the GStars I have thrown. Based upon their intended stability, GStar is closer to true stability. Roadrunners, Valkyries, Leopards, etc that are inherently understable seem to have stability added to them. They are not now overstable, but more stable. Discs like the TeeBird, Destroyer, and such which are naturally stable to overstable have lost some stability, again still being close to their original stability so not becoming understable, just less stable when in comparison to plastics in their mold.

I have not thrown every disc made in GStar, but of all those that I have thrown, my above statement holds true. If there is even close to an exception it is the Roc3. Even then, the Roc3 when thrown at power and at the angles and whatnot that I throw my normal Champ Roc3, I see so little difference that it is more of a push than saying that it has more or less stability.

So basically, GStar seems to take every disc's normal stability and brings it closer to a true neutral stability.

Last edited:

Latest posts