• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

Anyone throwing G* Teebirds? How do they beat in? I've been using a G* Wraith for the past few weeks and haven't nailed enough trees to attest to how durable G* is. I can say that the grip is awesome and I've noticed all my G*'s have very little dome (exactly what I want). I have 3 more G* Wraiths and 2 Destroyers I haven't used yet and all are pretty flat. Teebirds the same way?

Very mild dome on the Teebirds. Leo's are also nice and low dome.
Gstar seems to be a mega success. I'm not a fan of star plastic but this stuff feels great. Really hoping they roll out firebirds soon. Likely season up quick into an absolute workhorse.

Very mild dome on the Teebirds. Leo's are also nice and low dome.
Gstar seems to be a mega success. I'm not a fan of star plastic but this stuff feels great. Really hoping they roll out firebirds soon. Likely season up quick into an absolute workhorse.

Yeah, the plastic is a real win for Innova IMO. I would pass on a G* Firebird. I prefer stiffer plastic for my FH and I never throw the Firebird backhand. I only have a champion Teebird so I really want a G* to gain some confidence throwing it BH. Yin & Yang.

so what's the best gstar disc pound for pound?

All depends on preference. I've heard the roc3s are $$$ but I prefer a stiff mid.
I also really prefer champion distance drivers despite the destroyers getting great reviews. I have a feeling the Teebirds & Leo's that I just picked up will be a go for me.

Overall, I haven't heard of a mold that doesn't benefit from this plastic.
Would love for a full release of rancho rocs though.

I have absolutely railed some trees with my gstar teebird and it didn't care. Just your normal scuffs, not much plh change. In the short time (week or so) I've had it I've been throwing 2-3 rounds each day and it may have picked up a little more distance. It wasn't lacking in that department to begin with though. Tough to say how it'll keep going, but mine seemed very resistant to plh changes, just picking up scuffs. My friend Tony had the opposite experience though. He said his got a permanent droopy dick rim after hitting a tree and he's waiting to see if it goes back to normal.

I have absolutely railed some trees with my gstar teebird and it didn't care. Just your normal scuffs, not much plh change. In the short time (week or so) I've had it I've been throwing 2-3 rounds each day and it may have picked up a little more distance. It wasn't lacking in that department to begin with though. Tough to say how it'll keep going, but mine seemed very resistant to plh changes, just picking up scuffs. My friend Tony had the opposite experience though. He said his got a permanent droopy dick rim after hitting a tree and he's waiting to see if it goes back to normal.

G* don't care! :cool:

the Beasts and Destroyers are spectacular. The GStar D is much easier to throw then a champ/star, grippy and fast, sits flat and goes a mile. The GStar beast is my high speed Eagle L, flys very similar but faster and goes farther.

anyone else notice that Gstar discs are easier to sidearm? It's probably just me but I'm seeing a big improvement in my flicks.

I'm going to say Teebird. I have a Destroyer, Aviar Driver, Rhyno, Wraith, and Teebird in G*. I really like the Teebird's flight and grip. Tons of glide!

I did notice something in my round yesterday. There was a light right-to-left wind blowing, and I needed a placement shot off the tee. I pulled out my G* Destroyer with the intention of hyzer-spiking. Well, when it spiked, the disc kind of hit and stuck the landing. Kind of sprung up in place and stayed where it hit. Kind of cool feature of this plastic.

Just ordered a 175g G* Teebird. Couldn't wait to try and win one at a tourney.

nice, gstar seems legit.
i have a factory store teebird just sitting at home.
definitely curious about the destroyer

Now that the temperatures are starting to creep ever closer to normal, I have actually put some damage on my GStars. I took a small chunk out of my Destroyer and I have some rash on my Valkyrie.

Pound for Pound, the best GStar for me so far has been the Valkyrie. It has enough beef to remain controllable at max power without flipping over or hyzering out early. It reminds me a lot of a seasoned Destroyer with enough to fight flat but not really fade. It has been money for me, taking a lot of shots from the Destroyer. Secondly I would rate the TeeBird. It really wants to compete with the Valkyrie for distance but it really shines at low line drives or holding massive long hyzer bombs.

I am hoping for a Firebird so I can replace my Predators. Except for a Warden, Ion, XXX, and Pro Roc3, I would love to have the rest of my bag be converted over to GStar. I need to pick up a Rhyno as well.

Best to worst that I've tried:

Teebird 165g: Great for tunnels, uphill shots, and low-armspeed hyzers. Very little turn and very little fade when given a good snap.

Shark 180g: This thing reminds me a LOT of the day-glo champ Sharks I used to throw--stable and easy to range.

Teebird 171g: Flies just a touch more stable than my beat-in 175g KC Pro and has great grip. I don't throw it much since I'm more familiar with my KC Pro.

Leopard 170g: A little more stable and a little less glide than a pro Leopard. I like carrying a newish Leopard along with a broken-in flippy one, and the GStar won't make it into the bag until I've worked a new pro to where I want it.

Teebird 175g: Not bad, but kind of domey and doesn't hold up in a headwind like I'd hoped.

Roc3 180g: Flat and a little floppy, not more stable than my champ. It won't be kicking the champ out of my bag.

felt up all the g star molds at gggt. what a bunch of sloppy garbage... feels like the r pro vulcan or something my brother had. rubbery and too soft, like those HPP gateway putters.

i literally laughed out loud when i grabbed one, feel bad for you innova heads.

Nice try on the trolling nolangherity, but G Star is quality stuff. It's not "sloppy garbage" it feels nothing, and I mean nothing, like an R Pro driver, and I don't know which HPP Putters you've felt, but all them have felt pretty good to me. Haters gonna hate, I guess.

As for the best G Star disc, that depends on your style. For me, I love my G Star Roc 3. I have two of the European Open ones and they have the same HSS as a fresh Champ Roc3 with noticeably higher amount of LSS. Great disc. I also am digging my max weight Teebird. It fills a Teebird slot I was missing at the moment: my dead-straight Teebird slot. Put just a bit of hyzer on it and it will flip to flat and just cruise. If you throw it low, it won't have any fade. Brilliant disc, but not so great in the headwinds. More like a fresh TL with great grip.

Troll or real ?
You're dismissing it purely based on feel?
Interesting

Troll or real ?
You're dismissing it purely based on feel?
Interesting

He's trolling, don't worry.

G Star isn't a miracle plastic or anything, but it is what Innova says it is: Star durability with great grip. My Teebird has some scuffage, about the same as normal Star, but no chunks. Flight hasn't changed much, if at all. Not nearly as durable as Champion plastic, though.

My G Star Roc 3 has no visible wear, but that's probably because I'm a sniper with the Roc so I don't hit anything with it but chains. :|

I'd love to see a G Star Banshee, but I know that's a pipe dream. The G Star PDs should be pretty cool. My buddy throws a G Star Beast and loves it. Quite a bit less domey than most recent runs of Beasts, but still not flat. Very straight for him with decent fade, but, much like my Teebird, not the best at fighting through a headwind. Looking forward to trying out a G Star Aviar Driver to possibly rotate with my JKs.

Like my 175 Teebird so far, grip is awesome even in cold weather(we still have snow). Now that my favorite star TB has come to point where it has some turn in it, this fits the bag perfectly. Holds lines really good, holds hyzers but still fights out of long annys. Flat throws are where it shines though: point and shoot. Hope it stays in this stability for a good while. Definitely getting more of these.

Haven't tried Wraiths yet, but am a bit concerned about the softness and I have plenty of beat flattop star Wraiths as backups, so dunno...n I'm not throwing them in the winter so no need for extra grip either.

im not going to read those dumb posts but im not trolling, i think all gstar discs feel like floppy garbage. not sure why everyones being so sensitive..

nolangherity's take on G Star:
th

Seriously, G Star is not "floppy" by any means. Vibram Soft is floppy. But it also isn't floppy garbage. Blowfly, now that's floppy garbage. G Star isn't any more flexible than Discraft FLX plastic. The A/C is off in my room, so it's a good 80-85 degrees in here and I'm holding my GStar Teebird. Guess what? Not floppy.

I don't think anyone is being sensitive, but your post is ridiculous.