• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

I agree that GStar is more flexible but no not floppy like R-Pro. I'm not sure yet which discs I will like in this blend yet, I'll be picking up a Rhyno though. I think GStar will have the perfect amount of gummy for those touch upshots. I do prefer to have my drivers on the firmer side though so I'm waiting to see what the new stars are going to be like.

35723414.jpg

felt up all the g star molds at gggt. what a bunch of sloppy garbage... feels like the r pro vulcan or something my brother had. rubbery and too soft, like those HPP gateway putters.

i literally laughed out loud when i grabbed one, feel bad for you innova heads.

Throw one pal

Some of the molds are really excellent in Gstar. It's one of the most useful teebirds I now own.

Just got a G* Aviar P&A. I have about 3 weeks on it now, and I must say I really like this plastic. Just a little gummy but not to much like a R Pro. Sticks and falls in the chains way better then my champ aviars!

I've only thrown the Teebird so far in Gstar but I definitely like it. A lot of flight pattern overlap though with my 168 star, so I'm having trouble justifying carrying both.
I think I'm most interested in trying the Roc3 and the Valkyrie at this point. I could definitely see advantages to throwing gstar mids in the woods.

Still no gstar Eagle X? Just the factory store L mold. What gives?

Still no gstar Eagle X? Just the factory store L mold. What gives?

It is probably a bad sign that the G* Eagle L's are marked G*E by the weight on the back.

Really though I have a regular production star eagle x that feels exactly the same as the G* L's I have. The only difference other than mold (of course) is that the G* looks better (swirly) and has a better stamp.

Hopefully a G* X would turn out fairly beefy, the L's I have are at least as stable or more so than my champ pearly L is.

Overall I think G* is a success. I like all of the ones I have thrown, but the real test will be in a few months when it gets a lot warmer. Time will tell.

supposed to be closer to a champ

I have two max weight first runs. It might be the weight but they are one of the Gstar discs that hasn't clicked for me.

I'm going to say Teebird. I have a Destroyer, Aviar Driver, Rhyno, Wraith, and Teebird in G*. I really like the Teebird's flight and grip. Tons of glide!

I did notice something in my round yesterday. There was a light right-to-left wind blowing, and I needed a placement shot off the tee. I pulled out my G* Destroyer with the intention of hyzer-spiking. Well, when it spiked, the disc kind of hit and stuck the landing. Kind of sprung up in place and stayed where it hit. Kind of cool feature of this plastic.

are the Gstar rhynos flat?

or do they have that awful dome I've been seeing lately?

meh, I would love to see a new run of premium plastic rhyno that's flat. I guess I"ll stick with my pros.

Is there anything as flat as the old Pro Rhynos? I compared the G* Rhyno to the Champion, Star, and the R-Pro. G* is definitely flat compared to these. But, more importantly, they fly stable. Which is why you would want it to be flat, right? Because if it's a feel thing, all the Rhynos feel like Rhynos in the hand.

So the whole gstar lineup right now is:

Aviar
Aviar Driver
Rhyno
Dart

Skeeter
Shark
Roc3

Leopard
Teebird

Valk
Sidewinder