• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

Going by what I've read here, the G* Roc3 and Valkyrie are more overstable than the other plastics, so I'm not sure we can definitively conclude that all G* is more understable.
I also was not aware I didn't want a star rhyno. Only thrown DX and champ.

I didn't say all Gstar was more understable. I said I have Destroyers & Teebirds & they are less stable than regular star when new. And you may love Star Rhynos but I think I've seen 1 person carry one in my 3+ year career. The fellow that owns the local disc shop will also tell you that they are dust collectors for him.
These may be the best seller Innova has ever done, who knows. I was just curious why these would be so awesome when regular Star Rhynos don't seem to be

Maybe a GStar Polecat is in the makings!!

I sent them a thank you note for finally giving in and running me some in Champ. I also added a note about golf weight Champ Sonics, G* Zephyrs, or G* Polecats.

They haven't responsed yet...

Considering how quickly the Polecats disappeared, they should at least consider it.

I didn't say all Gstar was more understable. I said I have Destroyers & Teebirds & they are less stable than regular star when new. And you may love Star Rhynos but I think I've seen 1 person carry one in my 3+ year career. The fellow that owns the local disc shop will also tell you that they are dust collectors for him.
These may be the best seller Innova has ever done, who knows. I was just curious why these would be so awesome when regular Star Rhynos don't seem to be

I think the reason Rhyno throwers dont throw star Rhynos is because they arent flat (atleast ive never seen a flat one).

That's my bad. I read your post a little too hastily and missed the qualifying statement.
I do wonder if people are just ga-ga for gstar to the point where they just want to see all their favorite molds in it at this point.

Star Rhynos- Not flat and slick. I like my putters grippy for upshots. I hate Star in Mids too. Maybe these will be flatter and grippy.

Star Rhynos- Not flat and slick. I like my putters grippy for upshots. I hate Star in Mids too. Maybe these will be flatter and grippy.

I think PIAS had the GStar Rhyno yesterday but I didn't really look at it. I will take a peek today. If it's flat and they have one in 170-172 I will snag it.

ok no G* Rhyno. They did have a beaut of a white Neutron Envy w/rainbow stamp tho, so I bought that to make up for the lack of Rhyno heh

Well, I'm not liking the GStar Aviar. Yellow 172 grams. Not liking it for putting as it doesn't stick in the chains like I hoped it would. I use Omega Super Soft Big Beads and like them though. The Aviar is great for upshots in mild wind as they are a little understable. they hold a super straight line for long upshots. I found they stuck to my hand when putting and missed left, right, and low. Was hopeful, now will practice more with the Omegas.

Rhyno looks pretty flat just like most of the g-star

Daedalus, Orc and Rhyno are up on DN. Others will be up soon

Well, I'm not liking the GStar Aviar. Yellow 172 grams. Not liking it for putting as it doesn't stick in the chains like I hoped it would. I use Omega Super Soft Big Beads and like them though. The Aviar is great for upshots in mild wind as they are a little understable. they hold a super straight line for long upshots. I found they stuck to my hand when putting and missed left, right, and low. Was hopeful, now will practice more with the Omegas.

I agree

one of the worst discs at grabbing the chains

Anyone tried the Aviar Driver yet? I'm interested in how it compares to the JK. I use the JK mostly for upshots and risky putts, but if the G Star Aviar P&A isn't grabbing chains, I'll likely save my money. G Star aint' cheap!

Anyone tried the Aviar Driver yet? I'm interested in how it compares to the JK. I use the JK mostly for upshots and risky putts, but if the G Star Aviar P&A isn't grabbing chains, I'll likely save my money. G Star aint' cheap!

I only have one buts it's worse than my ions for chain grabbing. Maybe I have a bad one though.

I almost bought the Gstar aviar driver but feeling one turned me off. It felt huge for some reason but I think it's just the plastic. I can't really explain.

Anyone throwing G* Teebirds? How do they beat in? I've been using a G* Wraith for the past few weeks and haven't nailed enough trees to attest to how durable G* is. I can say that the grip is awesome and I've noticed all my G*'s have very little dome (exactly what I want). I have 3 more G* Wraiths and 2 Destroyers I haven't used yet and all are pretty flat. Teebirds the same way?