• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

G-Star Firebird and Eagle-X just hit the proshop.

Plus a ton of F2's.

Yummm.

I just wanted to comment about the G* Rhyno being slick. I compared the plastic to all my other G* Discs (TeeBird, Destroyer, Aviar BB, Roc3, Rhyno), and I don't really feel that they're any more slick than the rest of my G*.

Also, I have moved to a more stiff and grippy putter (SSS Wizard -> Pro Yeti), so I really wouldn't know how these Rhynos putt and stick to the chains. Not my style. It does make me think that I should bag my Pro Rhyno or Pro Pig for headwind putts though. Hmm...

I just wanted to comment about the G* Rhyno being slick. I compared the plastic to all my other G* Discs (TeeBird, Destroyer, Aviar BB, Roc3, Rhyno), and I don't really feel that they're any more slick than the rest of my G*.

Also, I have moved to a more stiff and grippy putter (SSS Wizard -> Pro Yeti), so I really wouldn't know how these Rhynos putt and stick to the chains. Not my style. It does make me think that I should bag my Pro Rhyno or Pro Pig for headwind putts though. Hmm...

Straight from the envelope my Rhynos were not slick at all. They stuck to the chains quite well yesterday without a single shot through or bounce out, and that was with stabbing them directly at the basket to defeat the wind. I find, however, that if a disc does feel slick upon purchase is to soak them in water/ dish soap and then wipe them down really well. That often gets the slickness off.

On a side note. the Rhynos and Sharks I purchased yesterday have rather sharp flashing. The Sharks are a touch more stable than I would like, so I am hoping that deflashing the underside will knock that stability out of it. I really want it to be a strong counterpart to my GStar Roc3.

I only have two factory seconds, so maybe the other putters are fine

JFQKw2U.jpg

Been playing with these two for the past week now. The G* TB was nice and flat. PLH lower than my Brinster TB. I love the grip; I can get a nice and flat rip and it hasn't "clung on" yet (which I was worried about, when hearing how grippy it is) with a bit of fade at the end. Its my new favorite shot because of how low I can put it, and it still glides for so long. Its got a permanent place in my bag now between my old star TB that turns a lot, and my brinster bird that fades a lot.

The G* Destroyer wasn't domey (my opinion) and its PLH is the same (very similar) as my main star destroyer. First couple of shots went really high up in the air, so I started being cautious and really concentrated on keeping it low (which I never typically had to do with my star destroyer). Once I got more familiar with it, I notice how similar its turn was to my main star destroyer, which is much more beat in than the G*. I agree with what others say, in that the G* destroyer comes out of the box easier to turn than the new AJ star destroyer (though it didn't take me long to get that to turn). Again, I really like the feel of the disc, but its hard to say if I will keep it permanently, as its flight pattern is something I already have with my older star destroyer and newer pro destroyer.

Now that my G*Teebird has seen about 200 throws+some trees and rocks it lost all the fade on 300'+ drives and developed some turn. Dunno, was hoping it to keep the sweet flight longer, now it's just like my beat stars.
Still good for standstill drives tho.

Yea I'm worried that the G* isn't going to keep this line forever. If it doesn't, I might be better off sticking to just regular star, which at least holds a certain stability for quite some time.

I never expected it to be as durable as star but I was hoping for at least a year of average use.

It probably just means I'm not going all Gstar.

Anyone compared the Star BB Aviars to the Gstar BB's?

I feel like the Gstar might be an easy route to replace my Star but I'm worried it will end up being less stable.

I have read a few horror stories on here, but for those of you worried about G Star being too understable, in my experience that hasn't been the case. Of course, all I throw is Teebs and Roc 3s in GStar, but I've thrown the G Star Beast, Krait and Leo as well. All seemed to be pretty normal in flight, except the Leo and Roc 3 which tended to have a little more HSS than their non-G Star cousins.

Sounds like, to me, that Innova pumped out a ****load of G Star to meet up with the demand and some came out inconsistent...no surprise to us Innova fans. But I have yet to get a dud in G Star.

Just to put it out there, the recent Sharks and Rhynos I picked up had a very sharp but thin line of flashing underneath. I have since taken care of that flashing and all is right with the world.

I'm interested in the BB Aviars in particular if anyone has some experience to share.

What's the word on the wraith? I haven't really thrown one ever, but I'd like to know how the gstar flies.

My Gstar Wraith flew pretty true to a regular Star Wraith. That's after about 10 throws, FWIW.

What's the word on the wraith? I haven't really thrown one ever, but I'd like to know how the gstar flies.

:D That's how I feel about my G* Wraiths. I keep two 167g's in my bag. They both have very little dome and fly true to other flat Wraiths I've had. Really enjoying them. I've only had them for a few weeks so I can't attest to durability.