• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

I railed a tree with my TB and now it has a permanent droop in the rim. now it flips up a bit from hyzer, turns a tiiiiiny bit when thrown flat. I love it.

I "flattened" my g*EL. It lost some stability and now flies stable straight when thrown flat with 300' power on a low line, not what I would expect of any new eagle. If only it was a touch less floppy like my Proshop g*TBs.

I like how g* hits a tree and ricochets only half as far as my other discs with next to no signs of damage... great for hyzer flips through the woods.

I like my Teebird so much that I ordered a Rhyno, Roc3, and Valkyrie from Community yesterday. My current valk is getting a bit too unpredictable so I am excited to see how this one flies. And though I love my gummy champ rhyno, I just had to try a lime green one in g* because I have no self control apparently.

image_zps316b3b16.jpg

Picked up a factory second G* destroyer 175g and its got some nice pop to it...I can get a little extra distance with it compared to the champion throwing forehand. Plastic feels really nice in your hand. Ordered a wraith and teebird last night and look forward to trying them out backhand.

This may be mentioned somewhere in the thread, but has anyone noticed that the Gstar Destroyers don't have the real Destroyer top?

This may be mentioned somewhere in the thread, but has anyone noticed that the Gstar Destroyers don't have the real Destroyer top?

Depending on the destroyer you buy, the tops vary on many of the molds. Regardless, it's far and away my preferred long distance forehand driver.

Depending on the destroyer you buy, the tops vary on many of the molds. Regardless, it's far and away my preferred long distance forehand driver.

I know, I just thought originally it was a mistake (because that's what Innova told us). Now it's clear that they make "real" Destroyers for their team, and "a different, deliberately less stable disc" so that unknowing consumers believe they are throwing the same disc as "the pros".:doh:

I've got a bunch of destroyers at home, some flat-ish, some dome-ish and some somewhere in the middle. I'm not sure which one is considered the "correct" one.

I've got a bunch of destroyers at home, some flat-ish, some dome-ish and some somewhere in the middle. I'm not sure which one is considered the "correct" one.

And that there is the problem...

It's not the dome (high or low dome happens after the disc is out of the mold) that makes the difference, it's the shape of the nose. I can't find any good pics right now comparing to help you out, perhaps someone else will. The two discs are as different as any other 2 Innova distance drivers with the same rim width but different wing shapes.

I know my favorite champ destroyer has a very smooth, even slope from the plate down to the edge of the rim, while others have a little bit of a hard angle where the plate meets the rim (similar to a teedevil, but not as prominent), which I don't particularly like as much in my champ destroyers. The star destroyers don't really have that hard angle.

The G* does have that teedevil-ish rim, but it feels the best coming out of my hand due to the grip and the weight transfer with I flick it. It goes 300+ feet effortlessly. Either way, it's still a great disc IMO.

That Champ you are talking about it the "real" Destroyer. There is nothing wrong with the other mold other than it's a different disc being given the same name. So if you like the "real" Destroyer you can no longer simply order one off the internet. This is one of the reasons Innova irks forum nerds like me more and more as time goes on.

I picked that "real" one up last year from one of my local sellers that I believe gets his stuff straight from the Innova distribution place in Rock Hill, SC. Not sure how long he had it or what run/year it came from, but it's definitely my favorite one. To be honest though, the other champ destroyer I have has almost an identical flight pattern, just maybe feels slightly different in my hand.

This gstar TB is not as damage resistant as my last one. It's got some shredding on the rim from a tree and now two places smooshed down on the nose. It's okay though, I'll buy a new one when I have to. :) now it's more versatile.

This gstar TB is not as damage resistant as my last one. It's got some shredding on the rim from a tree and now two places smooshed down on the nose. It's okay though, I'll buy a new one when I have to. :) now it's more versatile.

What weight and color is it?

The way I do it is run water through my coffee maker (without coffee in it), place the disc on a table face down, fill the disc with the hot water, place a stainless steel pan I have on top of the disc, place a 10lb weight in the pan, and let the disc sit for 10-20 min.

Thanks! I just "flattened" a Glow Roc! Definitely flatter. Shhh, don't tell anybody!

I know, I just thought originally it was a mistake (because that's what Innova told us). Now it's clear that they make "real" Destroyers for their team, and "a different, deliberately less stable disc" so that unknowing consumers believe they are throwing the same disc as "the pros".:doh:

Paranoid much?

I'm not on the team, as are many others, who have "real" destroyers.

Paranoid much?

I'm not on the team, as are many others, who have "real" destroyers.

How is this paranoid? How did you get your "real" Destroyer? Did you get them before the alternative version started going out to retailers by the thousands? Do you have to use an online vendor that knows the difference? Because I'm sure you don't just go online and order them.