• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

I haven't thrown any G* yet, gonna pick one up today. It will probably be a Destroyer or Tee Bird. Leaning towards the bird.

The Teebird is excellent in G*. Like, super excellent.
I like my Valkyrie a lot too.
Haven't thrown (and won't) a Destroyer.

ugh

please don't make me spend more for a valk. I used to love those things.

But Hw much different are they than the Gstar teebird? I keep hearing the valk is overstable in Gstar.

ugh

please don't make me spend more for a valk. I used to love those things.

But Hw much different are they than the Gstar teebird? I keep hearing the valk is overstable in Gstar.

That's what I was reading also, but the one I have is not. 170g - that golden color. I was expecting overstable, and then I threw it, and then I wanted to buy backups immediately. It needs a little room to work. It honestly seems to be right on the numbers (-2,2). It's perfect and lovely, and sometimes I hold it when I'm not on the course because it drives my fiancé nuts. :) I really like it for turnovers and distance shots. Not so much headwinds.
Reference: It's 375' - 400' for me.

It turns way more than the gstar teebird. And goes, for me, 30' - 50' further easily.

I put a G* Tbird and TL in my bag as soon as they came out and I've used them a lot. I'm loving them both. The TB has the right amount of over stability for me with a nice glide.
The TL is nice to have along with the TBird for my game. I love the longer glide it gives me.

I have to agree with "The Teebird is excellent in G*. Like, super excellent".

The first time I held one, I was surprised how G* is really soft and flexible. Teebird or Valk would be great in that plastic.

my gstarrr sidewinder today was getting crazy lateral movements. i panned out some huge annys. its almost as bad as a fury. im starting to not like it the more i throw it. also sometimes it turns a bit too much on hyzer flips. i do wish it would be out of the box a little more stable so that it would be more predictable and controllable at full power.

i did crush some long drives with it. give it some air and you have a great easy D disc

Held another g*TB and liked it... is it just me or are some of the g*TB in a less floppy plastic. Mine are sparkle blue and the other of similar firmness;) was a salmon color. My red TL and blue EL are just too soft and deform/OAT on full power throws.

I'm not loving the G* so far, they seem less stable out of the box than other types and with the heat of the South in Summer I think they are going to get too floppy(too floppy for my preference to start with).

I'd rather have a gummy champ than all of these crazy Pro and Star blends they are doing.

I'm not loving the G* so far, they seem less stable out of the box than other types and with the heat of the South in Summer I think they are going to get too floppy(too floppy for my preference to start with).

I'd rather have a gummy champ than all of these crazy Pro and Star blends they are doing.

I dont think that they are going to be too floppy when it comes to extreme heat. I currently bag a ton of G* and finally have a final bag.

current G*

teebird first run
roadrunner
krait X2
destroyer
rhyno

The all have a nice place in my bag and fly real well.

I also have a G* roc3 european stamp that sits at home.

huh?

some of the Gstar molds are more stable or the same. Which ones are you finding less? I'm sure some are but it's not a rule.

We've also had reports Gstar not getting too floppy in high heat already.

huh?

some of the Gstar molds are more stable or the same. Which ones are you finding less? I'm sure some are but it's not a rule.

you work for Innova, it aint hot yet?

All the g* plastic I've heard of or thrown has been less stable so I'm okay to go with it as a general rule... I've not read this entire thread where I might have missed a report from a member(s) I trust:\

I really wanted to like the G* Teebirds I got. They felt great, and the flight was good. After only a few rounds I had several tears and rips in the plastic from hitting stuff. I have a semi -rough terrain on my home course with a mix of trees and rocks. Comparatively, I throw Pro Rhyno's and KC Pro Rocs on the same course and get even wear without the big rips in the plastic. Maybe it was just a coincidence and I hit several sharp objects. The Champion and Star I throw get an occasional small nick in the plastic, nothing unusual. Anyone else get tears in the G*?

My first gstar teebird was resilient. My second one is majorly warped and has a couple tears in the plastic after a couple weeks.. This is purely from hitting treess, no rocks.

huh?

The Teebird and Firebird I've thrown were much less stable than the champ versions I bag. It may have been an anomaly in that disc, but it put a bad taste in my mouth about G*.

The Teebird and Firebird I've thrown were much less stable than the champ versions I bag. It may have been an anomaly in that disc, but it put a bad taste in my mouth about G*.

No doubt it should be less stable then any Champs. The comparison is usually made with Star and it's very close to Star.

That sucks that their seems to be a drop in the plastic durability. I'm for sure anxious to see what new Star blend they are going to be doing. I'm not a big fan of the flexible plastics. I prefer stiff and grippy.

My first gstar teebird was resilient. My second one is majorly warped and has a couple tears in the plastic after a couple weeks.. This is purely from hitting treess, no rocks.

I am wondering if it is just bad luck so far. I have at least five of each mold I throw. So far the only damage I have seen is a little road rash on one Valkyrie and one Destroyer.

Latest posts