• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Vs. Discraft

Anyone not willing to carry discs from multiple manufacturers is either good enough to be sponsored or at a disadvantage to those of us who have the option to choose the objectively best discs.

See that's all I'm saying. I'm not even close to being good enough to stick with one manufacture. I'm new to the sport and I want to try as much out there as possible,with that said keep in mind I have no plans to EVER play competitively which is a choice of my own. I just want to throw and have fun and there's nothing wrong with that.:p

Surprisingly that no one has mentioned about the Lighting brand...They were around long before Quest even started.

In my bag so far:

Drivers - Innova (Pro/Star Wraiths, Champ. Sidewinder, & DX Valk), Discraft (Z Flash & Tracker), Quest (Raging Inferno DT), and Millennium (QJLS)

Mid - Innova (Champ. Cobra and DX XD) & Discraft (Z Buzzz)

Putter - Innova (DX A&P), Discraft (FLX Challenger), and Lighting (Prostyle U-2 Upshot)

Of course, I have to keep trying out various brands and molds anyway...;)

I have just recently switched over to completely Discraft just their plastic just feels better in the hand and seem to be more consistent for me. I especially love the Force, Buzz, and Challenger.

i dont like it that discraft imprints their disc information on the inside rim of a lot of their discs. just a pet peeve of mine.

I carry about half and half of innova and discraft, but I really use the discraft discs most of the time. I switched for a couple of reasons. First I really like the flx plastic that discraft makes. Second I like the colors available with discraft better, to me they seem brighter and easier to see.
When I was looking for a putter I tried the flx challenger and really liked it. From there it was really just a matter of time. As I lost a disc I would replace it with the discraft equivalent in flx. They are flexible, grippy, and practically indestructible. My current plan is to keep replacing all of my discs with the flx as they get lost or worn out.

Almost exactly what I was going to write except now I'm down to just 2 Innova discs. That, and I started the migration with the FLX Surge, not the Challenger.

I throw all innova and admit i have a problem. Its just they are all i have thrown in so long and i understand and trust there flight chart. I have heard unless your getting sponsored you should have both and admit its a good saying and im sure dc has some good disc but why learn there flight patterns when i know the whole innova line? Did i mention for Christmas i am getting a innova bag. I like that they have two water bottle holders.

I am a newbie and have all innova except for my Sabre. I actually love my sabre but the earth tone gets lost in the leaves so I have been using a yellow tee-bird instead.

Here is my question. I have a friend who uses discraft only. His reasoning is that if he loses his buzz, he knows he can buy another and it will be just like the one he lost.

Does anyone else think that discraft is more consistent in their discs?

It seems like each run of a mold from innova is a little differant than the last.

Most all discs I see in stores are Innova, I live in LA so Innova is right outside the city. I have seen others at the pro-shops but have not bought any. After reading this post I will make sure I consider discraft for my next disc (maybe?).

my vote is for innova

I am a newbie and have all innova except for my Sabre. I actually love my sabre but the earth tone gets lost in the leaves so I have been using a yellow tee-bird instead.

Here is my question. I have a friend who uses discraft only. His reasoning is that if he loses his buzz, he knows he can buy another and it will be just like the one he lost.

Does anyone else think that discraft is more consistent in their discs?

It seems like each run of a mold from innova is a little differant than the last.
PanickJ
I think they are all fairly consistent out of the factory. With Innova there are so many wieghts and plastics, that it maybe hard for him to get consistency. Also maybe he has innova drivers and DC mids and putters? The drivers tend to get beat up more which changes the flight and if he gets used to it and buys a new version of the same driver it will fly differently.

I personally have mostly innova, a couple milleniums, and a DC Banger GT.

I had all Innova until recently and after I got my Discraft Soft Banger GT, i went and got a few drivers and midranges and love them. I'm really liking Discraft over Innova now. I love the Flick, Pulse, Buzz and Drone. Awesome discs!

i seem to be the same as a lot of you guys....Innova is my preference for almost everything except i carry a Buzzz at all times, and i have a surge but it never gets used....my putter, however, is neither innova or discraft

Mabey the Slipstream gt?
Drive with Innova. First run Destroyer/Wraith/Beast/ect.
Mid range and approach are Discraft. Except for the Roc, I just love the Avenger SS Stratus/Predator/Flick/Surge.
I like Gateway for the putters though.

Innova

I initially used Innova and Discraft discs. Now that I have been playing a little longer, and better understand how the discs are suppose to behave, I have started to replace my Discraft with Innova. One of the other posts mentioned Innova's rating system, and I agree, in my opinion, the Innova rating system is more detailed and makes more sense. I haven't found an Innova disc yet that doesn't behave like the rating would indicate. When I buy a new Innova disc, I have an expectation of it's flight and distance based on the rating, and I have not been disappointed.

Latest posts