• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not wait until the 1st to announce publicly?

I would assume one of the reasons is to create hype. If it wasn't for DGCR going detective mode after some of the first announcements than there would be even more speculation and hype than there is now. I can guarantee FB probably has 10x the amount of DGers as DGCR, because the super casuals can find their favorite pro and friend them.

I'm sure some of the players had rumors going around them and their companies were starting to get word that they were losing players. Innova did some house-cleaning so some of the players made their announcements, and after that I'm sure the other pros decided it was time to do their announcement.

Could you really see 10-15 of the top pros announcing they were leaving their major sponsors for a new company, on the day it's announced?

Could you really see 10-15 of the top pros announcing they were leaving their major sponsors for a new company, on the day it's announced?

Yea I could.....assuming they have already notified their current sponsor.

I am skeptical myself, but I feel like I am allowed to be that way until they give me something to test. That is part of the reason I dis like the way they are going about the big announcement on Jan 1. I think I will sooner throw DD than I will Prodigy. At least with DD I was getting information sooner than some of their sponsored players.

Why be upset with a company that has nothing to do with their own hype? We have created this.

Why be upset with a company that has nothing to do with their own hype? We have created this.

We've created it here. I'm not so sure a little voice in the ears of these players didn't say make an announcement on FB you're leaving your sponsors but keep the name of your new one a secret until the first. They've certainly either been told to act this way or all of them decided to play follow the leader and it's just been the biggest PR boost they (prodigy) could've hoped for.

The way Will shares it every time another pro announces they are leaving does make it seem like a big coordinated joke to them.

this is the equivalent of a music snob who has heard it all first...who cares? it's still the same thing.

It's the equivilant of a joke on the internet :D

DGR has a some pretty connected people who don't like posting on DGCR. Or have been banned...

really? kinda seems like a slap in the face. I met him once last year and got to play several holes with him. He is a really nice guy and incredibly personable. I would imagine it hard not to like him...

My post was meant to be complimenatary in regards to Koling.

I dislike the way Prodigy has gone about things. That is my opinion. That will affect how likely I am to buy their products. I don't like Lebron and the way he does things and will cheer against him any chance that I get.

DD built the hype as well but put real information out there. There happens to be a few local DD players where I live and because of this thread or the previous ones in the landfill, I was more up to date on certain things than they were. DD went public with things shortly after the rumors began, I appreciate that.

Basically I am not a fan of the way rumors are like wildfires. When the flame starts, put it out as fast as you can before it gets too big. There is still hype for whatever you are doing, but when the fire gets too big it gets out of your control. Sure bad PR is still good in many cases.

I also don't like the way this company is putting up walls between manufacturers. Sure there are all the which is better Discraft or Innova, but now it is I hate you because you throw a different company. I feel like the competative nature is going far beyond friendly competition. Maybe it is just the fact that we are sitting in the middle of a wildfire right now that this is the case. Once the fire gets put out in 6 months or so, I am sure we will get back to the MJ school of lets have fun and throw discs.

I am happy that all these people who are on board with Prodigy are getting a good deal for them. I question how good of a deal it is long term. But I do hope they change the way all companies sponsor their players so that our pros can make a better living playing our game.

How are they supposed to stop 1000 forum junkies from spreading rumors? The hype is not their fault. Lebron went out and advertised his move and had a show, all by himself. Prodigy has done nothing of the sort. The players joining Prodigy left their other sponsors and announced that publicly, to only find that all these people here and other places have started rumors and building up all of these things about the company.

Not poor PR by any means, because speculators are gonna do just that no matter what.

. My dream putter is a KC P&A

can't they just run you guys some with blank stamps with any tops/bottoms you want in any material?

i would like to see some like that mold as well.

there was some hard buttery cfr dx aviar p/a runs recently i got my hands on in september but they molded with a big dome and not flat enough for my liking.

but now it is I hate you because you throw a different company.

Where the heck do you draw that from? I don't sense that at all amongst the pros or general mass of competitive players. I think this is just you inserting this "attitude". This isn't As The Disc Turns no matter how much you want there to be drama like the bs "reality" TV shows I am sure you adore.
The most shiz-talking I hear between companies is who has better plastic. And realistically amongst the non-sponsored players thats what you are really deciding between. And those people I know and/or have discussed manu preference with has always boiled down to the plastic feel preference...not the actual disc selection. Anything Innova makes, Discraft and Lat64 have an equivalent. And the newer companies, like Legacy, will catch up in time.

I dislike the way Prodigy has gone about things. That is my opinion. That will affect how likely I am to buy their products. I don't like Lebron and the way he does things and will cheer against him any chance that I get.

DD built the hype as well but put real information out there. There happens to be a few local DD players where I live and because of this thread or the previous ones in the landfill, I was more up to date on certain things than they were. DD went public with things shortly after the rumors began, I appreciate that.

Basically I am not a fan of the way rumors are like wildfires. When the flame starts, put it out as fast as you can before it gets too big. There is still hype for whatever you are doing, but when the fire gets too big it gets out of your control. Sure bad PR is still good in many cases.

I also don't like the way this company is putting up walls between manufacturers. Sure there are all the which is better Discraft or Innova, but now it is I hate you because you throw a different company. I feel like the competative nature is going far beyond friendly competition. Maybe it is just the fact that we are sitting in the middle of a wildfire right now that this is the case. Once the fire gets put out in 6 months or so, I am sure we will get back to the MJ school of lets have fun and throw discs.

I am happy that all these people who are on board with Prodigy are getting a good deal for them. I question how good of a deal it is long term. But I do hope they change the way all companies sponsor their players so that our pros can make a better living playing our game.

n50b053566e29b.jpg

can't they just run you guys some with blank stamps with any tops/bottoms you want in any material?

i would like to see some like that mold as well.

there was some hard buttery cfr dx aviar p/a runs recently i got my hands on in september but they molded with a big dome and not flat enough for my liking.

No I haven't heard of them doing that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts