• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pumped! It's exciting. It's already creating bigger rivalries than Innova or Discraft ever did (in my humble opinion). People are already hating on Prodigy, and they haven't held a disc yet. It's ALL good for the sport. Come 1/1/13, everyone will be waiting to hear the news...haters and supporters.

I too believe that it's good for the sport to garner ANY kind of publicity, I just don't know why there's hatred already. lol I'm not sure what it's based on...maybe I'm just confused! I toast to your excitement and join you in it!:hfive:

Ugh...so gross. Remind me never to play a round with you.

Me: Hey, dude, did you see that?

You: What?

Me: I just threw my first ace.

You: *yawn*

I won't argue with you, so troll me. I'd just like to say that the degradation of disc golf is found in it's short list of players that have no sense of respect for the game or it's other players. I'm not here to save you from your self-destructive views on other's accomplishments, merely pointing out that this worldview is an exact reaction to what's being fed to you and the other cynical remarks. It's not based on facts. lol Thanks for the reply!
Duuuuude, I wasn't meaning to troll you. Do smiley faces and "goofiness" not mean anything these days?!

The Internet was created to talk smack. Your buddy Will is gonna be ok. Soon everyone will get over themselves and be on to the next situation to complain about. People are gonna want to know what the hype is about. Most people on here will chuck a Prodigy disc. There's a million other threads of people bashing the Roc or Buzzz...it's just part of the game. Now lets hold hands and pray. :)
(That was a joke)

Okay, clearly this is some very serious business and silliness and goofiness and smileys don't belong here! I don't mind the jargon, really. I like when things are shaken up. I like seeing new discs, new companies, new players, new courses... Anything to break the silence of stagnancy (aka. furthering the disc). I don't think anyone is going to yawn when they hear the announcement, but I was imagining the folks following this thread (and other outlets online) underwhelmed and subsequently mad at their own boredom when they hear the news. Kinda like peeking at your presents before Christmas.

Thats a company opened up under his name. Not the same kind of issue

Plus, he legally changed his name (Prince, that is) to that fertility symbol. he released all his new material under the "symbol name" until his contract w/ said lable expired...

It makes me wonder if Chad Johnson (Ochocinco) did that for similar reasons w/r/t jersey sales.

The Internet was created to talk smack. Your buddy Will is gonna be ok. Soon everyone will get over themselves and be on to the next situation to complain about.
(That was a joke)

Will will be ok. As an integral part of FTD he is a close friend, but it might be misleading to think that he's influential into posts, podcasts, and interaction with the company. As with the other pros who have left their companies, they'll be fine too. Also, I don't want to believe that the internet was created to talk smack, that's sad. I haven't yet degraded my wife on FB yet. :D

Anything to break the silence of stagnancy (aka. furthering the disc). I don't think anyone is going to yawn when they hear the announcement, but I was imagining the folks following this thread (and other outlets online) underwhelmed and subsequently mad at their own boredom when they hear the news. Kinda like peeking at your presents before Christmas.

Jan. 1, 2013

Nikko: "Hey, disc golfers of the world, we have a huge announcement!"

We: "K."

Nikko: "Prodigy Disc Golf! Look at all these pros we have!"

We: *yawn*

I'm sorry that we couldn't deliver more for you. Our apologies. We've been a company for only 12 days, we'll make sure to fire off confetti with every new post. Also, you specifically wrote a post in which you said that you'd yawn at the news. Lastly, I sincerely hope you know that I was genuinely joining you in the sentiment that you'd be happy when the talk is over. No need to get hasty, friend.

That post that I said I'd yawn says "We:" and I meant all of DGCR. I don't really know what we're talking about anymore. Are we arguing or agreeing? Gosh, January 1 can't come soon enough... :)?

Will will be ok. As an integral part of FTD he is a close friend, but it might be misleading to think that he's influential into posts, podcasts, and interaction with the company. As with the other pros who have left their companies, they'll be fine too. Also, I don't want to believe that the internet was created to talk smack, that's sad. I haven't yet degraded my wife on FB yet. :D

I'm sorry that we couldn't deliver more for you. Our apologies. We've been a company for only 12 days, we'll make sure to fire off confetti with every new post. Also, you specifically wrote a post in which you said that you'd yawn at the news. Lastly, I sincerely hope you know that I was genuinely joining you in the sentiment that you'd be happy when the talk is over. No need to get hasty, friend.

I've been reading this entire thread, and I just had to post to say you seem to be taking things said by Apparition WAY too seriously. There have been some people who have been borderline attacking this new company, Apparition is not one of them, and by singling him out and continuing to bring him back in an quote things he's said the way you're doing, I don't think you're coming across in a manner you really intend to.

His first response to you that seemed to set you off was clearly marked several times as a joke, and the "yawn" post from the other day was just joking about how we've all been digging through and tracking everything that's been done so that if all that is announced on Jan 1 is "hey look at this new team we have" its going to be anti-climactic because we've been over examining everything that has gone on and every letter of every comment any of the pro's have made and speculation is running wild of what all is going on.

Uh oh, does anyone smell that?

fashion-landfills-1.jpg

I've been as instrumental in spreading the unfounded venom, derailing several threads, etc, as the next guy...but it is starting to feel tired.

New Year's day can't come soon enough. I'm looking forward to it like Van Helsing looks forward to an ahse stake and a garlic necklace...

I've been reading this entire thread, and I just had to post to say you seem to be taking things said by Apparition WAY too seriously. There have been some people who have been borderline attacking this new company, Apparition is not one of them, and by singling him out and continuing to bring him back in an quote things he's said the way you're doing, I don't think you're coming across in a manner you really intend to.

His first response to you that seemed to set you off was clearly marked several times as a joke, and the "yawn" post from the other day was just joking about how we've all been digging through and tracking everything that's been done so that if all that is announced on Jan 1 is "hey look at this new team we have" its going to be anti-climactic because we've been over examining everything that has gone on and every letter of every comment any of the pro's have made and speculation is running wild of what all is going on.

Right on! I'm all for being positive but I was thinking this same thing. Welcome to the site Coyote!

Can a brotha get the Cliff Notes version to this thread? :confused:

Quite a few pros left their sponsers for an "unknown" new company. Turns out the company is known and is Prodigy Disc Golf. The pros made announcemnts that they are leaving but didn't reveal the company and said they would announce everything on the 1st of January. Some people are cool with it, some aren't. There were a couple drifts, can't remember what they were about and now we're here.

And PM and MJ are staying where they are.

Ugh...so gross. Remind me never to play a round with you.

Me: Hey, dude, did you see that?

You: What?

Me: I just threw my first ace.

You: *yawn*

I won't argue with you, so troll me. I'd just like to say that the degradation of disc golf is found in it's short list of players that have no sense of respect for the game or it's other players. I'm not here to save you from your self-destructive views on other's accomplishments, merely pointing out that this worldview is an exact reaction to what's being fed to you and the other cynical remarks. It's not based on facts. lol Thanks for the reply!

Degradation of disc golf? No respect for the game or its players? LOL. Who's game aren't we respecting? The pros? Or yours? I love disc golf and love playing it. I'm sure the majority of people on here would agree.
Maybe some are just a little tired of waiting for the groundbreaking, game-changing big news. I can assure you that I will still love the game and keep playing long after this announcement is old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.