• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMac announcing tomorrow seems to mean he is either with DD or Discraft. I am really curious to see how things play out with the new company. I hope they are doing something that really is better for their pros and can sustain it. I hope they change the way all companies do business. I also hope they focus more efforts on growing the sport in practical ways.
http://www.ericmccabe11674.com/my-sponsors/

I don't see Discraft listed.

The question I have is what happens when your no longer an up and coming pro? Say the top 10 pros under 30 go to Prodigy. What happens to the 7 or 8+ that don't ever win a championship? Who's going to sign the next 10 top up and coming pros 5 years from now? Discraft and Innova have been really nice to thier teams adding them to the masters and core teams. Will any company be able to keep all these players around and add the new blood and give a % of the company to them all? I know guys that have been sponsored from both big companies for 15-20 years.

but check "my equipment"
it (currently) lists all sorts of DC

edit but it seems like a bit of a cut and paste from the DC website

So? Did Dynamic Discs say they were going to limit their players to what discs they can throw? Just because he's leaving Discraft doesn't mean he's going to stop throwing Discraft. It's the discs he knows best at the moment.

The question I have is what happens when your no longer an up and coming pro? Say the top 10 pros under 30 go to Prodigy. What happens to the 7 or 8+ that don't ever win a championship? Who's going to sign the next 10 top up and coming pros 5 years from now? Discraft and Innova have been really nice to thier teams adding them to the masters and core teams. Will any company be able to keep all these players around and add the new blood and give a % of the company to them all? I know guys that have been sponsored from both big companies for 15-20 years.

I wondered this as well. First off, a % of the company is still speculation and not confirmed.

Secondly, a significant 'consideration' whether %, or large $, or whatever, could be viewed as starting capital to gain critical lift to get the airplane off the ground. Once it is flying with the other big boys, it can go to the older business model a la Innova and Discraft of typical sponsorship. Of course, this all works as long as the sport continues to grow to maintain it.

It is a risky venture, both with Prodigy and with the pros, however unless the company has the size of Innova/Discraft or the uniqueness of MVP / Gateway (putters) / Lat64 / Legacy / Vibram, it would normally be a slow, slow growth.

I see whoever is behind this wants a huge initial sprint out of the box to get ahead of the pack.

So? Did Dynamic Discs say they were going to limit their players to what discs they can throw? Just because he's leaving Discraft doesn't mean he's going to stop throwing Discraft. It's the discs he knows best at the moment.

response deleted
nevermind

Dynamic Discs obviously would like their players to throw all their discs and Lat64 but since they only have 4 discs out and it's new plastic to most players there will be a transitional period that will allowed a slightly mixed bag. The goal is to get all the players to throw DD and Lat64 which will happen.

Dynamic Discs obviously would like their players to throw all their discs and Lat64 but since they only have 4 discs out and it's new plastic to most players there will be a transitional period that will allowed a slightly mixed bag. The goal is to get all the players to throw DD and Lat64 which will happen.

Are they going to keep to strict percentages of what you ahve to have in your bag? Have you made a decision yet yourself Pat?

It could be an announcement that he's going with Dynamic Discs, as well.
eMac posted on the first DD Facebook announcement that their first disc is "like a longer Destroyer. ;)" Not sure why he would say that if he isn't going to DD. Ya know?

considering emac's relationship with DD i think the biggest shocker of all the potential moves would be him NOT rolling with team DD

I would guess DD would want it to happen quick, the mixed bag might send mixed messages.

Between L64/Westside there's plenty of options for DD to throw. (And Westside has 3 more discs coming out in not too long that I'm sure DD players have access to now to get familiar with)

Are they going to keep to strict percentages of what you ahve to have in your bag? Have you made a decision yet yourself Pat?
No clue about the percentages thing, I think if I chose DD that we would be allowed to throw other companies discs until DD comes out with something to replace that empty spot in our bag. I would try my best though to make it work with mostly, if not only DD/Lat64/Westside.

No decision yet. I've still got 3 days lol.

Last edited:
eMac posted on the first DD Facebook announcement that their first disc is "like a longer Destroyer. ;)" Not sure why he would say that if he isn't going to DD. Ya know?
Obviously they were gonna give him some discs to try out since he's already on team DD prior to the manufacturing of discs. He and Rusco are like best friends so of course Eric is going to try out his plastic and give him his feedback regardless of him choosing DD or Discraft.

Sounds like we'll find out his decision later today anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.