• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Insurance for Non-PDGA Event

Since the PDGA doesn't cover non-sanctioned events, gotta get creative with insurance for my disc golf tournament. Here's the plan:
First, I'll hit the web and research companies specializing in event insurance, particularly those with experience in sports or recreational activities. "Event liability insurance," "sports event insurance," or even "disc golf tournament insurance" might be good search terms.
There are some companies like Sadler Sports & Recreation that offer specific disc golf tournament insurance. Checking their options and comparing them to others I find is a must.
Next step – contacting a few insurance providers. I'll explain the tournament details (number of players, etc.) and my specific coverage needs (medical expenses, property damage, etc.).
Finally, comparing quotes is key! Price matters, but so does the coverage. I'll need to make sure the insurance covers things like general liability (lawsuits for injuries/damage), medical payments, and maybe even event cancellation in case of bad weather.
Following these steps should help me find the right insurance company and coverage for my awesome disc golf tournament!
Curious why you wouldn't sanction as an X-tier event (you can run all kinds of non-standard formats) where you could get the PDGA coverage for likely less than what you find for one-off coverage from the internet?

This company will insure disc golf courses. You have to buy it threw your agent.

Latest posts