• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Introducing SD, Salient Discs

Not laughable at all... Can you name another manufacturer in this market doing digital wind tunnel testing, using humidity controlled molding facilities, and using hi-angular momentum design techniques to enhance the flight? And I've not even spoken about the unique blend of polymers their using to enhance the grip.

You see... these guys really are smarter than those of the past. It's not a slight to them at all... just plain facts. And anyone who says they won't throw these, but sees them go 30-40 ft further than your current stock is just lying. Performance is the key. Why did I add Prodigy stuff to my bag? It performs! I don't care if they didn't start out on the right foot... I care that my drives are flying past my competition and you do too.

You're like a little dog nipping at my heels until I respond and give you attention. Didn't you already claim I would be all over SD discs when they add fifty feet to my drive?

You added Prodigy to you bag.....nuff said. You buy hype. Enjoy your magic discs. You'll probably get three free now. How are you affiliated with the genius non hippy super company?

Funny thing is a guy trying to push their PF bags was at the GBO and could do nothing but tear down other bag makers all while comparing each feature to something ripped off from GripEQ.

I think one thing about this company you think another. You can enjoy your humidity controlled magic discs sold by wannabe elitist customer service nightmares and I'll throw my hippie designed old polymer traditional flying non teleporting lame-o's.

For the record I never said their methods were laughable. Back when I first posted I did nothing but wish them success and say I was excited for the shoes. Look back you'll see it. Then he came here making ridiculous and yes, laughable claims. That's what is amusing. Not his dedication and passion, that's refreshing. What's amusing and laughable is how he treated and responded to anyone who had less than positive replies or questions. That and the flight chart thing and super secret company meetings where he was told to keep us in the dark now.

Last edited:
You added Prodigy to you bag.....nuff said. You buy hype. Enjoy your magic discs.

Says the guy constantly gushing over DD. I'm all about supporting local companies, but come on man you can't have it both ways. Who is to say Prodigy isn't working well for his game?

Also, I like hippies:hfive:

Says the guy constantly gushing over DD. I'm all about supporting local companies, but come on man you can't have it both ways. Who is to say Prodigy isn't working well for his game?

Gushing over DD's discs is acceptable as they are produced by a well know and successful company, Lat64.

Gushing over DD's discs is acceptable as they are produced by a well know and successful company, Lat64.

coming from another fanboy

Says the guy constantly gurgling on DD. I'm all about supporting local companies, but come on man you can't have it both ways. Who is to say Prodigy isn't working well for his game?

I couldn't agree more.

It's apparently only acceptable to have your discs made by an established company so you know that equipment manufacturing will never change, and we'll all continue to have to look hunt for suitable backups for the bag. Shame on Prodigy for being different.

Last edited:
It's apparently only acceptable to have your discs made by an established company so you know that equipment manufacturing will never change, and we'll all continue to have to look hunt for suitable backups for the bag. Shame on Prodigy for being different.

don't you mean SD? Prodigy isn't any better so far in the consistency realm.

No doubt, but my point is that we're all buying in to some kind of "hype." It's called marketing. We all have our own favorite discs/companies and for a wide variety of reasons. I'm sure there are tons of thin-skinned science nerds just aching to throw some sd:p

You buy hype. Enjoy your magic discs.

HYPE?? It's not hype when the performance meets and exceeds expectations. I'm open to trying new technologies sure... but that's not called "buying the hype"... it's called testing. If after a trial run a disc doesn't perform, it gets shelved. However, most of the guys I play with are loving their Prodigy stuff because they simply perform. Probably more inconsistent that I'd like from one to another (and that's why I'm very intrigued by the Salient "hype"), but nonetheless, the outperform my other molds. I'd only call it hype if they didn't deliver and with Prodigy, no hype. With Salient, the jury is out until we throw them... but Chris has delivered so far on all his products and I have no reason to doubt him this time around... we'll see.

don't you mean SD? Prodigy isn't any better so far in the consistency realm.

At this point Prodigy isn't any better, you are correct. I think we'll see some major process improvement in the future once they have released their full lineup. Since they don't contract out their manufacturing, they will have the freedom to make it happen.

That's my tinfoil hat opinion though. Considering they're making money with what they've currently been shipping, they might decide it's not worth the extra investment. I just don't see them being content with the "business as usual" approach, and I hope they don't prove me wrong.

DD is not a manufacturer really I was a fan of Latitude long before they launched their line. I prefer the plastic but no Latitude or DD marketing has ever made these claims. Especially before anyone can even toss a proto. I only commented on prodigy because he mentioned it and I gave them an honest try and fair chance to win my business with how they are changing the game. They failed miserably. I throw what works for me and yeah it's about 85% Lat, DD, and Westside. That's not something I ever deny. I'm associated with it cause I live here but I was doing that back in '88 and I post review threads for their discs. Only do so because I have easy access and I get to give my honest opinions. I've made it clear to Rusco if they put out a dud I'm bashing it. Just haven't found one yet. Repping a grip bag too we do DG big in Kansas. :D

I couldn't agree more.

True story. Prodigy wanted to make DD's discs but Latitude won out because of many reasons. Mainly experience and consistency. :p

HYPE?? It's not hype when the performance meets and exceeds expectations. I'm open to trying new technologies sure... but that's not called "buying the hype"... it's called testing. If after a trial run a disc doesn't perform, it gets shelved. However, most of the guys I play with are loving their Prodigy stuff because they simply perform. Probably more inconsistent that I'd like from one to another (and that's why I'm very intrigued by the Salient "hype"), but nonetheless, the outperform my other molds. I'd only call it hype if they didn't deliver and with Prodigy, no hype. With Salient, the jury is out until we throw them... but Chris has delivered so far on all his products and I have no reason to doubt him this time around... we'll see.

dude.....please read this thread. I'm tired of responding to people who haven't read what came from the guy's fingers on this forum. It's HYPE right now, it's a silly marketing ploy followed up by bashing potential buyers. They can't even quantify his discs with traditional flight charts. Hippie engineering is over brah. Welcome to the revolution and you're in on the ground floor as a tester. :hfive:

True story. Prodigy wanted to make DD's discs but Latitude won out because of many reasons. Mainly experience and consistency. :p

True story. That doesn't effectively counterpoint my argument. Someone else is still making their discs.

So we got SD and UB coming into the Disc Golf Disc manufacturing mix.

I do have to wonder why there are business people somewhere that feel this is a good market to get into right now. But I'll use whatever discs work best for me, so if you make that, I'll throw it.

Good Luck!

True story. That doesn't effectively counterpoint my argument. Someone else is still making their discs.

"DD is not a manufacturer really I was a fan of Latitude long before they launched their line." -SteezeOG

You were saying?

No one was trying to counterpoint anything I didn't even know you made a point.

Latitude 64's "Why"
In the midst of the "disc golf community" that grows and flourishes in Bergsbyn, a few of the experienced players and devoted enthusiasts had the dream, desire and vision to develop and produce disc golf products that would elevate the sport we all love to new heights in terms of quality and class. The passion for the sport is always in the forefront of everything Latitude 64° manufactures, but also the determination to offer a wide variety of products that will suit all types of players, from the fledgling newbie to the avid professional.
The passionate people behind Latitude 64° is Tomas Ekström, Svante Eriksson, David Berglund and Johan Åström.

Salient Disc's "Why"
I would be glad to answer your question and tell you that I am an advocate for disc golf and have played the game and been a PDGA member for over 10 years and Salient Discs was developed simply to give players some really cool discs, shoes, bags etc to use while playing.

The consistency, engineering and all the other portions that we have used to get Salient started is a result of our educational backgrounds and goes hand in hand with trying to make the best possible products.

We fully don't expect to compete in quantity with the "big boys" but we do expect to compete in quality while adding a few new things to the market. Hopefully many players, retailers and fellow disc golf brothers/sisters will see all of these things as a positive. In closing we feel at Salient Discs that if we can offer something a little new and different with some simple tweaks and a little extra investment on our end that we can make a premium disc golf brand that everyone can enjoy.