• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is 400ft with teebird and 460ft with Halo/nuke bad distance after a year??

I won't.

Pictures/videos/some other proof or it didn't happen. I admit, I am sort of an a$$ in that respect. The fact that you are even asking if a 930 rating is any good implies that this is most likely a lie. It means you've played in tourney's and have undoubtedly interacted with other disc golfers and if that were really the case you would already know that you aren't doing good you're a freak of nature to be throwing like that after only one year. Not that it can't happen...just extremely unlikely.

After being duped as many times as I have been over the years it's a wonder I believe anything I read on the 'net at all.

So I'm not the only one noticing a lot of people posting on this site saying "I've been playing for less than a year and can throw 1000000000000 feet... Is that good?" If it's true than more power to you and awesome job, but just like Dave said, it's too easy to dupe someone on the interwebz.

I haven't gotten past my Birdie yet. I'm only getting it out to 425 feet. As soon as I learn how to throw it, I'll move up to an Aviar.

Or should I go to an Omega SS?

Last edited:
*insert joke about throwing short discs very far and how i don't believe you here*

Maybe everyone in Sweden is exception at disc golf and the OP is playing against other Rec players that are throwing 600+' and 1000 ratings. Please post a video so I can learn your technique!!

Have you read any other post in the technique forum from asking about how to break 300!!! Is 460 after a year bad - give me a break. :p

Are you a pdga member?

This, if so, what's your PDGA #?

*Disclaimer: I'm not in the PDGA, nor have I played in a PDGA tourney, only SN tourneys....furthermore, my 'game' has fallen apart recently, and I'm rarely hitting 300' accurately lately...

I am 50 and only played for a year. I can throw my beast 330' and my putter about 100' with 30% accuracy and my mids from 150' could end up anywhere within 100' of the basket. Looking for sponsors. Oh, and on 2 day tourneys my knees and elbows (i throw both RHBH and LHBH) blow out on the second day and my scores decline by 5-10 strokes.

As a Swedish descendant, i would say yes, you are well ahead of the curve.

It is for real...I can make a video if you don´t believe...I have done this many times...not only once...many times...both on course and in the field.
I also did try a turnaround some times and did throw a PD around 500-510 ft =)

they are landing pretty straight...and the teebirds very straigt...i´m working on my short game and putting...i´m comfortable putting up til 20 ft..
I had played some tourneys this year...i´m a little inconsistent still...some rounds I do 980 rating...next can be 930...but it has only been one year..

Well said!

like people in sweden even know what a feet are.

^ This guy is smart

Damn sweeds and their beefy meatball fed arms :\

Nice work though IF it's truth ;)

Hi
I have been playing for a year now. what can i expect in distance
today i can get teebirds to 400ft, max 420 golf line and halo/nukes 460ft golf line....is that bad?

Are you talking about metric feet?

tumblr_m933a4umsK1ruiv8h.gif

shooting 930 rated rounds, i would be disappointed too, but props on the distance

this thread reminds of people who post things like "I need a drink" or "This day sucks" on facebook... basically it's a cry for attention. It seems like you just want a bunch of people to say "wow, that's awesome". Could just be me tho.

i thought sweden used the metric system

edit: dang, zenbot already said it