• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is brand loyalty stupid?

What do you think about brand loyalty

• I like it and will only use discs from one company

Votes: 23 10.0%
  • I think it's stupid and will use whatever disc I want

Votes: 207 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say the same as sillybizz and garublador. It isn't stupid to be brand loyal because Innova and Discraft (and probably others) both have such a wide variety of discs that you shouldn't have a problem going with them exclusively. That doesn't mean that there aren't discs out there that are better in some slots or for particular shots.

Having said that, I have each slot filled with a different manufacturer. I have Gateway for my putter, Lat64 for my drivers, Innova for my fairway drivers & driving putters, and Discraft for my mids.

how are you supposed to be loyal to one brand when discraft makes the buzzz and innova makes the leopard? YOU JUST CAN'T DO IT I TELL YA

...and the Teebird....and the Valkyrie....and....:D

My general setup:

Drivers: Innova
Mids: Discraft
Putters: Gateway

But, I do keep a Surge/Stalker combo and just added a Dart to the mix. No loyalty here.

...and the Teebird....and the Valkyrie....and....:D

My general setup:

Drivers: Innova
Mids: Discraft
Putters: Gateway

But, I do keep a Surge/Stalker combo and just added a Dart to the mix. No loyalty here.

I am the same, but the but part.

Like I said before I don't see any gaps in Discrafts line up, That's not why I throw all discraft. But that helps. I haven't just always thrown only discraft either. It has been a long journey but it has finally ended.

I think I tend to prefer Innova discs in general, but I currently use at least 4 different brands of discs so I definitely wouldn't ever limit myself to just Innova.

I think it is. I throw mostly Innova drivers and my main putter is a KC pro Aviar. Its crazy to not have other disc in your bag unless that company is the one paying your bills.

I think part of it is whats available for instance i can't buy vibram or latitude except for online so i ahve yet to try it cuz i like to feel them first.
So i throw innova drivers, discraft mids and gateway putters but that may change if i make some money/ win some tournys

I can also see with like discraft mids how they have a similar feel so that can be part of it as well.

I'm a disc slut and will try anything once, maybe even twice. And if it lets me show off my "oh" face then it stays in the bag.

i used to throw only innova years ago but now most of my drivers tend to be innova, mids are discraft, and putters are gateway. to me that's what each manufacturer tends to excel at. i have thrown a bit of discmania and have tossed a little lat64, but i'm trying to minimize my bag at the moment so i haven't went buck wild with other brands.

AGREE
If I HAD to choose, I'd say discraft...but, I love my Valk, Beast, Wraith, Eagle. Those are my fav Innova. But discract has the fairyway.mids locked down for me. XL, Stalker, Impact, Glide, Meteor, Buzz, Comet. These are my fav discraft. beyond that...i dont really care, whatever I like or need.
But yeah I tend to drive INNOVA mid DISCRAFT. putt whatever i got

I played with solely Innova forever just because that was all that was sold at my local store by the course. Now I've discovered the Buzzz and Vibram, so its game on.

To be honest, I would probably decline a sponsorship if I am not allowed to use discs from other coompanies.

Well when I first started playing I bought primarily Innova, but as I tried more Discraft I found myself replacing a lot of my bag. I would say that 90% of my bag is Discraft with a few Lat 64 discs in there. However, I do own a lot more Innova discs than Discraft, but the majority of my bag consists of Discraft.

I have to say Gateway and Innova, unless I end up putting Buzzzes back in the bag.

OH, and I almost forgot the Comet. :doh:

Here's a defense of brand loyalty---

Except that I wouldn't use the word "loyalty", which implies an emotional attachment, or rewarding a manufacturer for previous acts. But here's a defense of someone using a single brand:

I'm not terribly picky about discs, nor inclined to try all 15,000 brand/model/plastic/weight choices available. I've played for many years and, while I have my favorites, none have ever made a significant difference in my scoring. Innova and Discraft, perhaps others, provide a selection that will more than cover every need I have.

So I could go with just one brand, out of simplicity.

There's also an advantage to relying on discs that are easily replaceable---and around here, at most tournaments, it's one particular brand. If I throw my key driver or midrange or, heaven forbid, putter in a lake, I can replace it between rounds. (I learned a hard lesson many years ago about being dependent on a disc that was hard to replace).

And with that said....I only carry 10-12 discs in my bag, and currently they're from 3 different manufacturers.

To be honest, I would probably decline a sponsorship if I am not allowed to use discs from other coompanies.

Sure you would :\

For me it seems to be the same as most on here, Innova drivers and Discraft mids. I try as many as I can and use what I think works best for me.

No loyalty anymore. Used to be 100% Innova but that has changed. I carry 5 manufacturers and the Lats seem to be steadily taking over my bag. Currently there are 5 lats, 5 innovas, 2 Discraft, 1 Gateway, & 1 DGA (Blowfly).

Brand loyalty is stupid, no matter what the product. Use what works, no matter who's name is on it or what it's called. That is of course, unless that brand is paying the bills. That's a different matter.

Im not loayal to any brand but the majoirty of my discs tend to be innova, which is just because they're what i like and work well with me, i throw a buzzz however and have gateway putters along with a few latitude 64 discs. Im not loyal to anyone its all personal preference, some brands have discs that just do something that others dont, or for my playing style at least.

Latest posts