• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is brand loyalty stupid?

What do you think about brand loyalty

• I like it and will only use discs from one company

Votes: 23 10.0%
  • I think it's stupid and will use whatever disc I want

Votes: 207 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i said i use only one disc company, but i actually use discraft and lat 64. I just never have liked innovas stuff for some reason
and im a vibram putter guy

I was a loyal user of GHS guitar strings for years because , well they are made in Michigan, Randy Rhoads used them so hey. I found that they changed from an alloy to plain steel and they just didn't last as long so I went to a brand that is more reliable.

i like innova plastic. if i like a discraft mold i'l use it. whatever, im not sponsored, so what should i care? plastic is plastic. use the sh*t.

I don't see myself ever not using a Wizard and I don't ever see myself throwing other Gateway drivers or mids. I won't ever be brand loyal.

In the past I used to use only Innova. Not because of Brand loyalty, but due to availability. I mostly used found discs and they all seemed to be Innova. I found a few DisCraft discs and tried them but didn't care for them. I guess the first non-Innova disc I liked was a Millenium Polaris. I lost it and replacedit with a JLS. I still carry it. I have expanded my bag to other brands now as I have a Discraft Z-Buzzz, and Omega supersoft putter, Lat 64 Vision, Lightning #2 floating driver.

I do however compare new discs to known discs which are mostly Innova but am willing to try anything.

All I know is that Innova can't make an ultimate disc to save their lives.

Being in an area of rich disc-versity, I am finding a lot of guys branching out and trying all sorts of thigns: Innova, Discraft, MVP, Lat 64, Gateway seem to be the big ticket winners, especially Lat 64 and MVP as of late.

Personally, I like the mids of Discraft much more than the mids of Innova- and I do find they have a lot more consistency in their products. However, when it comes to drivers, I'm frankly not interested in much of the Discraft lineup. I'll take my chances with inconsistent Wraiths over tossing a Surge or an Avenger in my bag. Not that they are bad discs; I just love me some wraiths. And when it comes to the drivers I pick, I'm usually okay with a disc acting different when it comes to distance drivers. Flippy wraith? Sweet- don't have to break it in. Monster overstable wraith? Sweet, I'll use it for overstable distance duties.

Not a brand loyalist by any means. Innova makes a handful of really good discs. Unfortunately that's just it. Only a handful. For every good mold there's about 3 other useless or inconsistent ones.

Discraft from my experience molds much more consistent plastic, And while they don't have as many molds, far more of them are "throwable" and useful compared to the Innova Lineup.

Most people throw Innova here, as I do have a lot of Innova in my bag (Destroyer, Sidewinder, Stingray) but a while ago I started throwing Buzzz's and now I'm throwing Latitude 64 (Flow, River) and Gateway for putting (Wizard, Voodoo, trying out the Element Mid). I'm not a diehard Innova fan though, I do however rock their sticker on my car. Looking to get more, though :)

No its not stupid. It simplifies the game in my opinion. Its not the disc, its the person throwin it

i have a friend that throws exclusively innova, his reasoning is because "it has the numbers on it"

I prefer being mold loyal. Wizards, Teebirds, Pure, Buzzz recently.

No company cares about my game, only I care so I throw what makes me better

Have you rethought your personal stance?

Not really. (Although I am going to add the Flying Squirrel to my bag now and then)

We all have our reasons for choosing one brand over another. And nobody can say that those reasons are "stupid."

I have a bunch of manufactures in my bag.

Today I had;
Innova x7
Gateway x2
Salient x1
Westside x2
Lat64 x1
Millennium x1

I was given all Innova to start, and as the OP said in the south Innova is the easiest to find, but as I play more and try more brands I find that Trillogy plastic is my favorite, but there are a lot of great molds from a lot of companies.

I have not found too many Discraft molds I like though, big Drone fan but not many others.

YES only using 1 brand is dumb....Who/What does it benefit? Somebody said it "The Manufacturers don't care about MY game, I use what makes me better" or something like that. And exactly...unless there's a slim chance you are 'required' to use one brand because they 'sponsor' you....I have more prodigy lately because i liked a few I picked up and when I wanted a change, I liked picking up new releases. I still like a lot of other discs, but I am happy with my setup now....there are discs I will ALWAYS throw...Stiletto, Pulse, Surge, Valk, Roadrunner, F-series (I just really like the F series by Prodigy), M2, Mako, Pa1/Pa4. I could easily Use an X1 instead of Stiletto, or a Teebird instead of an F2, or whatever, honestly, just have what you need for the game....which is Max distance drivers, Control distance drivers, Midranges, and putters, and have something in Overstable, Stable, and Understable....that's kinda what's needed. But do what makes you happy. disc golf is about Fun, and learning, and getting better. Competition is great, but being all 100% one brand isnt good or bad, its just whatever you want to do....but don't think another company's disc isn't good because its not "YOUR" brand. My disc set in my tourney bag is kinda extensive, but I have everything I need for every shot. And I like it. I want to play well, I want to win, I want to break my high (or low in golf score) score. I want an ace. But ultimately, I want to have FUN. so.....do whatever, just be cool man.

Latest posts