• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is it really worth it?

Innova doesn't make a tour ready bag? What's their big Disccarrier bag? What exactly makes a bag "tour ready"? Does it have to be a backpack? Are there any backpack bags on the market that aren't "tour ready"? And what exactly makes a bag suitable for the hardcover dg scene? I'm only a softcover dg scenester. At least until recently I've observed Steve Rico using a custom DiscCarrier-esque, non-backpack bag so he could tote around 30+ discs and he's pretty hardcover, isn't he?

If Innova paid McBeth enough, he'd use whatever bag they wanted him to. I'm just curious how much that would have to be. And how much more it is than what Grip pays him now.

Boo^.

Innova doesn't make a tour ready bag? What's their big Disccarrier bag? What exactly makes a bag "tour ready"? Does it have to be a backpack? Are there any backpack bags on the market that aren't "tour ready"? And what exactly makes a bag suitable for the hardcover dg scene? I'm only a softcover dg scenester. At least until recently I've observed Steve Rico using a custom DiscCarrier-esque, non-backpack bag so he could tote around 30+ discs and he's pretty hardcover, isn't he?

If Innova paid McBeth enough, he'd use whatever bag they wanted him to. I'm just curious how much that would have to be. And how much more it is than what Grip pays him now.

Rico uses a backpack now, tho I'm not sure exactly what pack it is.

I'm saying your speculating about a pro carrying a bag that isn't marketed to that segment of disc golfers. There are a bunch of innova players who are sponsored by grip, there are several more sponsored by upper park designs, and I don't think any of their guys use their bag. Before backpacks a lot of those guys used revo bags.

What your saying is technically true. I'd bet innova could throw enough money at paul to get him to carry an Innova bag. The fact that they haven't and that he doesn't should speak volumes about who those bags are marketed to if you have any critical thinking skills.

I thought that went without saying. Thanks for the benefit of the doubt.

The tenor of your questions does tend to raise doubts, especially given that the answers would be readily apparent with a very minimal amount of research into available options and the reasons for the overwhelming preference among touring players for backpack bags over other configurations.

The tenor of your questions does tend to raise doubts, especially given that the answers would be readily apparent with a very minimal amount of research into available options and the reasons for the overwhelming preference among touring players for backpack bags over other configurations.

Sorry for my tenor. Apologies.

My vote for a Magellan to start. I bought mine in April and have no problems at all with it. I play twice a week, usually 9 after work and 18 on Sunday mornings. It holds all the discs you could need, a towel, bug spray, personals, etc.

I did add the corregated plastic frame inside, because it is floppy up top. I'm not saying it's the best thing ever built, but it does what I need it to. I decided to buy it because I was new to the sport, and wasn't sure I would stick with it. Now that I really do enjoy playing, I have looked at nicer bags, but probably won't buy one for a year or two unless I need to.

To me, it's the perfect starter backpack if funds is a factor for you

I used to have a fade tourney bag, but switched to a Magellan last October/November due to lack of storage. With some modifications like a frame, an adjusted putter pocket, and added bungee strap that cinches my stool tighter, it's perfect for the $30. The only actual problem was that just last week my front bottom rail had one screw break. But some Gorilla glue can fix that! I would advise getting it.

You can't judge a book by its cover.

In my opinion, you have to find something that is designed well for the way you use it, and then pay however much you can afford to get the best build quality for your budget.

I ended up going with a Mystery Ranch bag because I loved the design (top loader with a weather flap, ample storage space for beverages / personal effects, etc., and an AWESOME suspension system) and the fact that Mystery Ranch's non-disc golf bags have a reputation for being bombproof and made with the highest quality materials. They also have a superb warranty and excellent customer service.

That being said, The Golf Mahal is on the high end as far as cost goes, and has more storage than a lot of people are looking for (even though it is not nearly as big in person as it looks in photos).

When it comes to bags, I try to get the best build quality that I can afford for whatever situation. I travel a lot and own WAY too many nylon bags, and I learned early on that I would rather spend a few more bucks up front to get something that is going to last as long as possible under abuse conditions.

Good luck finding your bag.

i had a comp-size bag with quads before I got a Grip bag...the Grip is 10x more comfortable.

I have put on a few of my friends backpacks, and finally bought a Lat64 E2 earlier this year. I ended up selling it and going back to my Innova Discarrier with straps for several reasons. but those reasons are all my own and I can't expect anyone else to completely agree . Same with any other bag or backpack. Find what works and makes you happy.

I'll be moving to a Ridge roller ASAP though :)

DIY disc golf carts are a cheap way to save money while carrying lots of crap. They put a lot less strain on your body as well......depending on the course.

To me, it is worth it. Try one on and you will see.
I have a grip A and C. Ergo 2. Majal. Octo. And a Ridge Roller I use for 90% of rounds.

Mahal, B-Series, Spider Monkey, CART.

:|

You know full well that my CART is homemade from an old Budweiser crate, Imelda.

picture.php