• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is it so wrong?

I'd rather have a twosome in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

I wouldn't sweat it either way. I guess you could have been more communicative about the course conditions, but it is up to you wether to let them play through or not. Personally, I don't know if I could play at all with that many people on the course. I tend to just play somewhere else, or skip around to free holes. Likewise, not sure I could ever have the patience for competitive rounds.

How about those times at a really crowded course, when your foursome is waiting on hole #1 and you let one twosome go through, and then the next twosome, and the next and so on.

That's always super fun.

Letting one group through per hole is all you can ask. More than that is above and beyond.

Yeah, I would have let them play through as well. Likely to have warned that the course is packed and playing through would probably be fruitless. I find most pairs then get it and settle on playing behind us. If I am in a hurry (rarely), I don't chose a crowded course at a busy time.

on a crowded course, skipping ahead is a thing too... they usually cut in front of some other group and cause further backups...

when you're on a crowded course, just take the lumps associated with that... there's nothing more to be done if you choose to play there.

as others are saying, I'd rather go somewhere else... there are only some courses that get backed up like this anyway... an exception would be a really great destination course... I'd still play it even if it is backed up.

This one gets to me. The whole concept of doing something that benefits only you, to the detriment of everyone else is irksome.

Really more of a joke than a suggestion.

Letting people play through on a backed-up course is a waste of time. My time. I can't figure out why your time is more important than mine just becasue I have three friends and you only have one. :|

Last edited:
You know when I used to play ball golf the club would make guys who showed up solo or just two hang around until there were enough of them to make a normal-sized group so they wouldn't screw up the flow out there. Maybe our etiquette is backwards. Maybe instead of me and my normal group of four needing to get out of the way of a twosome, maybe they should have waited in the parking lot until they had at least three so they wouldn't be playing at such a differnt pace and screwing up the flow. :|

Who is in the wrong all depends on your point of view...

As long as you are always right...

Where you means me I mean... :|

I can say one thing about this subject. If crowded courses were the norm rather than the exception around my parts, I doubt that I would have gotten as hooked on it as I have. My course of participating in it would be very different. I doubt I would have bothered to travel to different states to try their courses out.

The thing is, the ability for disc golf to be as social or as solitary as one wants to make it is what has fueled its growth. If we ever instituted some of the more formalized practices of ball golf for crowd control purposes, I think we would lose that.

There is no playing through on a crowded course. Everyone is waiting anyway. The only time you let someone play through is when your card's pace is slower than the card behind you. If you are waiting on every hole anyway, there is no faster pace that can be had.

This one gets to me. The whole concept of doing something that benefits only you, to the detriment of everyone else is irksome.

It is the nature of chuckers and millennials. This has so become the standard that now we have a POTUS who lives by it. :\

Are we all on board with letting faster groups play through if the course isn't backed up?

Are we all on board with letting faster groups play through if the course isn't backed up?
Yes, provided were also on board that solos and twosomes need to wait their turn like everybody else when it is.

Yes, provided were also on board that solos and twosomes need to wait their turn like everybody else when it is.

Just checking

I wasn't sure if we were complaining about a reasonable etiquette rule.

I felt a lot of "kids these days..." comments coming

It can almost be rude of a twosome to think they can play through 14 other groups just so their round is quicker thus making everyone elses round longer. And another reason I only play Oshtemo in bad/cold weather or bright and really early in the morning before it bottlenecks.

-THANK YOU. :clap:

Hard to say without being there but I get stuck behind super slow, ignorant groups of golfers all the time.

Watching a group of six putt multiple times for god knows what reason while I stand at the teebox watching is soul crushing.

Latest posts