• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is there a tech term for this putting style?

Yeah my friend has talked about popping it up by using your fingers under it. I've always had my 3 fingers under and index on the rim and thumb on the top. I personally haven't been practicing using my fingers to pop it up but maybe I should start trying again.

looks like a " under the sack chain attack" to me. I do stradle putt sometimes, looks goofy but if the disc goes in then you got the last laugh.

You know as I sit here and think about it, its the goofy looking stuff people do when their discing that is a good indicator to me that their pretty good at the game, you know what i mean? The rocking back and forth and the twitchy feet and stuff like that.

Ive seen guys doing this wierd "twitchy dance" while getting ready to drive, and ive been amazed at some of the throws from what looks really wierd to me.

I've always called it lob putting, especially if you don't put a lot of spin on it.

It sounds a lot like the way a buddy of mine putts. I'd call it a lob or loft putt but right as the disc is leaving his hand he whips his hand towards his opposite arm. He is dead nutz accurate with it and I think it's a natural hedge against the late release. He gets higher spin than I do and also much less OAT.

I havent notice my hand whipping toward my opposite are but more my hand actually flicking outward with a loose thumb. Its on the disc but just to guide. Litterally, just like you would see a guy tossing pizza dough with one hand. (is there anywhere that does this still?) That motion gives it the spin.

Way it flies is just like you describe. High spin and no OAT detected as far as I can tell and my buddy at least is dead nutz accurate. Heck, I just started using it for a day and I am pretty damned accurate, just need to do a little practice to get it in bu always close.

Is your throwing arm straight the whole time (Ken Climo style) or bent to add some throw and spin to it? I putt alot like the Scott Papa Tuturial on youtube, (including grip), but I tend to "lob" it more on a slight hyzer when further out (>40ft) so it will drop. Same basic motion though.

Bent, opening up during the motion but not all the way. Wrist moves more than the elbow.

That just sounds normal to me and how it was shown in the vid I watched. I would name it Putting. Seems like a basic form, from which other styles were derived (not including overhand turbo type)

Actually, that putt is called the War Eagle.:thmbdown:

I putt alot like the Scott Papa Tuturial on youtube,

I'm not taking advice from a man with purple hair AND jorts. :thmbdown: Unless it's advice on tailgating outside of gay clubs.

I also love how he plugs the soft banger and the FLX Challenger after using an APX SWIRL THE ENTIRE VIDEO.

I'm not taking advice from a man with purple hair AND jorts. :thmbdown: Unless it's advice on tailgating outside of gay clubs.

I also love how he plugs the soft banger and the FLX Challenger after using an APX SWIRL THE ENTIRE VIDEO.

Hey I switched to that style and instantly noticed I was putting better...then again I didn't have much for a putting style either, but I think it works fine. :p

Hey I switched to that style and instantly noticed I was putting better...then again I didn't have much for a putting style either, but I think it works fine. :p

Yeah, I made big improvements, too, once I adjusted to the changes. Purple hair aside, it's a good instructional.

I havent notice my hand whipping toward my opposite are but more my hand actually flicking outward with a loose thumb. Its on the disc but just to guide. Litterally, just like you would see a guy tossing pizza dough with one hand. (is there anywhere that does this still?) That motion gives it the spin.

Way it flies is just like you describe. High spin and no OAT detected as far as I can tell and my buddy at least is dead nutz accurate. Heck, I just started using it for a day and I am pretty damned accurate, just need to do a little practice to get it in bu always close.

Sounds alot like short arm putting putting per DGR.com. The further back you are from the basket the more loft you add to get the same result. They never use the term "tossing pizza dough" but that's a great analogy and would have helped me when I was learning it to visualize the correct form.

Here's a link

Last edited: