• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is there a tech term for this putting style?

put up a vid of this already.

I havent been out near a basket and cant touch mine until X-mas :wall: but I guess I could just toss my putter at some object to give an idea, but I really dont think it is anything special. Just couldnt find it and might help figure out what it is.

Sounds alot like pitch putting per DGR.com. The further back you are from the basket the more loft you add to get the same result. They never use the term "tossing pizza dough" but that's a great analogy and would have helped me when I was learning it to visualize the correct form.

Yes, that sounds like it also. I find the higher I go, the more spin I put on it as well to keep it from hyzering out to soon.

By the time I get off work its usually dark but I will see what sort of vid I can get.

I've always called this a Lob putt. I grasp the disc as close to the center between my middle and ring fingers and my thumb. by grasping the disc close to the center it spins slower and your aim is dead on because the center of the disc is being tossed directly at the pin. It tends to make an arc up and down into the basket if done correctly. It's accurate up to 40'.

Oh lol I was trying to make the connection and wasnt quite getting it. :gross:

I think you're okay as long as you don't start singing "Deutscheland Uber Alles" or "Springtime for Hitler" after every putt. ;)