• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lake Marshall DGC

Course definitely won today except for 3 guys. 1000 rated was 3 over the par of 72. The wind just howled all day. Tomorrow's lead group is Stephen Miller and James Conrad at 66, Dickerson at 67 and Charles Behrhorst at 72.

Course should look really good on the video from today.

Course definitely won today except for 3 guys. 1000 rated was 3 over the par of 72. The wind just howled all day. Tomorrow's lead group is Stephen Miller and James Conrad at 66, Dickerson at 67 and Charles Behrhorst at 72.

Loved seeing Sam's ace on #4 today. Looking forward to seeing the full round.

Ratings look inflated.

Elaine King!

tenor.gif

Today's video (Miller, Dickerson, Conrad, Behrhorst) should look great- light was perfect all day, didn't rain until just a few holes to go.

How long did the rounds take? 76 SSA, highest ever? I doubt that # will stand officially though. Seems like the ratings are compressed too much.

Ratings are what they are according to Chuck. 75 or so for SSA is definitely in the ballpark for Saturday- the wind was howling, that course was HARD. Zach Melton said the 3 rounds in the 60's that round were some of the most impressive he had ever seen anywhere. The rounds at the bottom and top are the ones where the ratings fall apart a bit- the ones in the middle are pretty accurate I would think.

Sounds like Lake Marshall and Frost Valley could be duking it out for the #1 spot when they get 21 reviews.

Nope! First off, FV is so far removed from everything that it will take years to get that many reviews. Second, having just been to both courses within the last couple of weeks, I'll say I don't ever see myself going back to FV, but already planning a trip back to LM. Both are about 3.5 hours from my door. (Just one guys opinion of course) Let's wait and see how it plays out....

Round 1 is up:

Last edited:
Let me try again to embed the video:

All the holes before 15 are new to me, and 16 and 18 are longer now. Looking nice except there's too many white stakes! What are the red stakes?

red stakes are 200 and 400 foot markers (from pins). i hear you on the white stakes. i have fought that battle and only won a little of it.

red stakes are 200 and 400 foot markers (from pins). i hear you on the white stakes. i have fought that battle and only won a little of it.

Please keep fighting the good fight. 16 I think it is (cut corner across the lake, multi-shot uphill, OB to both sides, also featured in late June video), seems to have plenty of punishment opportunities for being off fairway without the stake line I'm really not a fan of OB in/near woods when a really good shot that hits a late tree can boost and result in a bonus stroke without a scramble chance. Other holes seem similar.

Really excited to play this when I can!

A lot of the OB in the open protects areas of future development (campground, additional road), some of it reflects property lines as well so those are pretty much done deals. (...and they are in general the ones I like least from a golf perspective). The ones along woodlines in general protect the player from either swamp or the near impenetrable thicket from which the whole place was carved. I am not a fan of "take a stroke, bring it in, throw another hyzer" golf but that is not what is going on here for the most part.

I was pleased to see that the lead group took a grand total of only 3 OB strokes in the video round (17,18,B)- they are the players Gary built the place to test and the level of difficulty seems reasonable for them. Fairways are pretty generous almost everywhere so it does take a legitimately bad shot to find OB for the most part.

Latest posts