• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 guys

Bamm

Double Eagle Member
How close am I with these comparisons:
(GL Plastic)
Fuse=Comet
Core=Buzzz=Vector
Pain=Wasp=Gator
River=Stalker=Teebird
Flow=Wraith=Surge
XXX=Predator
Havoc=?
Bolt=?
Thanks for any feedback. I am slowly entering the world of Swedish plastic.....:clap::)

The River is nothing like the Teebird. It is closer to a Leopard or Discmania FD. Much more turn.

If you want to get into Westside, the Warship could go in the Buzzz category.

(GL Plastic)
Fuse=Comet
Core=Buzzz=Vector
Pain=Wasp=Gator
River=Stalker=Teebird
Flow=Wraith=Surge
XXX=Predator
Havoc=?
Bolt=?
Thanks for any feedback. I am slowly entering the world of Swedish plastic.....:clap::)

Replace all those ='s with ~'s and you'll be pretty close. The River is much closer to a longer Leopard, though, and a Striker would be more like a faster TeeBird.

(GL Plastic)
Fuse=Comet
Core=Buzzz=not sure what Innova mold would be this neutral
Pain=Wasp=Vector=Roc
River=Stalker=Leopard
Flow=Wraith=Surge
XXX=Predator=Firebird
Havoc=Dominator maybe
Bolt=Katana maybe

my thoughts

Pain is closer to a Vector. Maybe SLIGHTLY less fade. Definitely less than a Wasp.

Bolt is an easier to control Nuke SS/Katana.

The River and the Discmania FD are very Similar. I could see older Stalkers being compared to The River, but the newer ones I've thrown have been much more stable.

I'll second the River~Leopard comparison. It's definitely not a Teebird (maybe in the heavier Opto's?).

Also, the Vector can fall anywhere between the stable and overstable slot depending on dome, weight, wear, etc. But it's definitely more analogous to the Pain.

Pain isnt as OS as a gator its more like a vector.

River is more like a Leopard then anything.

Striker is def more Teebird-ish. River is a Leopard on glidey steroids.

The XXX is more Firebird than Pred (the rim is wider than a Predator, which is why I stopped using it)

The Bolt is kind of like a Katana, and the Halo is like a Boss/Nuke, with the Havoc in-between the two.

The best part about Lat discs is that you can only loosely use the phrase "like" or "similar." The differences in flight between plastics and weights can be really interesting to try out (a heavy Opto River is totally different disc than a light GL River). So calling a River a Leopard is misleading. You may find a River that is very much like Leopards you've thrown, but that won't hold true for other Rivers.

Look into Westside Discs too, the Sword and Warship are excellent compliments to the Latitude line-up.

Also, Lat discs hold their value. Buy one in the Marketplace, try it out, and as long as you don't taco it into a tree or road-rash the hell out of it, you can go back and sell it for the same as you bought it if it's not working out for you. You're just out a little shipping $$ to try them.

being most familiar with innova molds before throwing any latitude or westside i preferred all of my plastic to be as flat as possible. in my experience with the euro plastic i look for discs that have a nice dome. it seems like you don't see a lot of uber domey stuff like you do with innova, but instead a nice gradual dome. the flatter discs that i've thrown (gold line and tournament in westside) tend to be on the flippy side. just like any manufacturer there is variation and abnormalities so i'd just suggest having a little patience if you don't click with a disc right away. like others have said, trying the same mold in a different plastic or weight can be a big difference in flight. i've thrown flows that were real flippy and others that wouldn't turn in a headwind.

give westside a shot too, you can build a pretty complete bag with molds from those two companies. the warship and sword are both workhorses.

Buy one in the Marketplace, try it out, and as long as you don't taco it into a tree or road-rash the hell out of it, you can go back and sell it for the same as you bought it if it's not working out for you. You're just out a little shipping $$ to try them.

This is my plan. Thanks for the insight guys. I want to try out some different molds. I have a XXX I got in a trade and and River. I'm hoping for a Fuse or a Core next but who knows what deal might pop up. Appreciate it guys......:thmbup:jb

Maybe a little more stable than a Destroyer. That's the closest comparison that I've thrown. The Villain I have is a heavy Opto Premiere.

Lat's so all over the place there are plenty of rivers that are similar to teebirds, all about the runs.

From my experience I would say:

Fuse ~ (a less touchy) Comet ~ Beat Roc
Core ~ Buzzz ~ Axis ~ Warship
Pain ~ Wasp ~ Roc ~ Vector
Striker ~ Teebird ~ Stalker ish
River ~ Leopard
XXX ~ Beefy flat top firebird
Havoc ~ Wraith maybe

(GL Plastic)
Fuse=Comet
Core=Buzzz=Warship
Pain=Wasp=Vector = Roc
River=Leopard
Striker=Teebird
Flow=Wraith=Surge
Sword = Surge SS = Rogue
XXX=Firebird
Havoc=Nuke
Bolt=Nuke SS
Halo = Boss

My opinion. Included some Finnish plastic in there as well, but I haven't thrown too much of that.

Responded to your PM on that Bolt. For me the Bolt threw like a Nuke. I can throw my Flows basically the same as a Destroyer but with a little more high speed turn. I don't know the numbers on it but I'd say 12 5 -2 3 I'd actually say the Flow is closer to a Katana in flight than the Bolt but everyone has an opinion on comparisons so they won't be the same for you. Have fun getting addicted to Lat discs and GL plastic.

Latest posts