• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 guys

Is the Villain not as OS as advertised? I thought it was supposed to be way more stable than a Destroyer. But I've never thrown one & know flight ratings may not be 100% accurate in very rare cases!

I have got a new 171 GL Villain and no its definitely not flippy (PLH is exactly the same as the premiere optos). I can't turn it for the life of me but every single destroyer in my bag has a nice turn to them. Mine is more like my Xcal with a fade that starts a little bit later in the flight so that it flies longer before it fades out.

My heavy Opto River flies more like a Teebird then a Leopard. But like others have said, the same disc in a different weight/plastic can make it fly completely different. My lighter Rivers turn over a lot easier. Bolt= Katana is also a good comparison.

I have always preferred the ESP and Star plastics so that plus what seems to be determined difference between the different lines of plastic makes me think I will just stay with the GL.

Have fun getting addicted to Lat discs and GL plastic.

We will see. So far so good...............jb

What is a vision similar to?

A much faster Leopard. An Avenger SS.

Two Predator/Blitz comparisons. I guess I just don't see it. One is fairway distance and one is max d. The thickness and rim molds are also way different. That wind cutter rim on the Blitz is pretty unique.

Last edited:
These river is like a leopard comments kill me

Me too. I find that my rivers are similar to a leopard but I use my river for far different shots than I use my leopard. I use the river much more often as a 'distance driver' off the tee on longer holes. I use the leopard for more controlled shots from the tee or fairway as well as right turning shots. My river is a little more stable than my leopard. and it has more fade. So I cover different shots with those two discs and the river wasn't able to replace the leopard and the leopard hasn't kicked the river out of the bag either.

I find that my both my Opto and GL Rivers are similar but also different from my champ glo leopard. My Rivers have much more glide than the Leopard and also turn over more during the hyzer flip stage. Then again the Leopard is still kind of new so that may change once it breaks in more.

These river is like a leopard comments kill me
Care to expound on why??

I agree that you wouldn't put the two side by side and say 'pick one. they'll both do the exact same thing', but the comparison isn't far off by any means. Especially throughout the different weight ranges and plastics. I'm guessing you've never thrown a lightweight GL River....

My poor River! It got snagged by an unleashed dog today :(

20120612_113409.jpg

Latest posts