• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

V
First run Opto Strikers could turn rather easily, way more understable than every other Striker I have ever thrown, but even then I would not call them flippy.

turso said:
Jero: how big is the stability difference between GL and Opto Strikers?

Noticeable. I consider my GL strikers to be seasoned Teebirds and my regular run Opto's are somewhere between a Teebird and an Eagle. They overlap but not enough for me to want to carry one or the other.

Booter said:
I heard of a possibility of a fairway driver and another putter in the works ;) not sure if its a new putter mold or what

Something River speed and Pain relative stability would be tasty. 7/6/0/2 perhaps?

Dag said:
Booter said:
I heard of a possibility of a fairway driver and another putter in the works ;) not sure if its a new putter mold or what

Something River speed and Pain relative stability would be tasty. 7/6/0/2 perhaps?

Yeah, it's really the only identifiable hole in their fairway line up. Powering down a Striker can be a bear.

Actually...Tomas said they were looking at a few new fairway drivers and a putter...but that was just from a preliminary design standpoint.
Dunno how many would actually make it to production.

He also mentioned the possibility of a fast/overstable like the riot but without the slanted rim

About Dx. I love zero line for putting. Dx releases piss poor because it has a waxy feeling. The durability is worse than other soft putting plastic because it is brittle for a plastic and you lose big chunks at a time. Everytime I pick up a dx aviar i get a little bit sad. Zero line plastic has more of a clay like grip and I have never seen zero crack into pieces like I have Dx.

gknmnstr said:
About Dx. I love zero line for putting. Dx releases piss poor because it has a waxy feeling. The durability is worse than other soft putting plastic because it is brittle for a plastic and you lose big chunks at a time. Everytime I pick up a dx aviar i get a little bit sad. Zero line plastic has more of a clay like grip and I have never seen zero crack into pieces like I have Dx.

I've never had waxy or brittle come to mind when thinking about DX plastic.

Crosseyed0811 said:
gknmnstr said:

You live in SC where it doesn't really get cold. I've lost many a beat Roc to shattering when it hits a tree. I know . . . wouldn't be a problem if I didn't hit trees.

cmlasley said:
Crosseyed0811 said:
gknmnstr said:

You live in SC where it doesn't really get cold. I've lost many a beat Roc to shattering when it hits a tree. I know . . . wouldn't be a problem if I didn't hit trees.

Yeah you're supposed to throw AROUND the trees :p I kid, I kid...

I guess playing in colder weather would change the plastic preferences some...

I have had a TP Comet explode against a tree. but it was a record cold day in NC. I wonder if the guys at Lat64 test their plastic in frozen tree scenarios?

keltik said:
I have had a TP Comet explode against a tree. but it was a record cold day in NC. I wonder if the guys at Lat64 test their plastic in frozen tree scenarios?

Seems like they would, what with all the trees and uh . . . cold . . . and stuff.

keltik said:

Dunno if they test it, I sure have. At around -30 celcius the discs start sounding like stone when you tap them against each other, but so far I have not managed to shatter an opto or GL. Zero and Grip are still somewhat flexy and rubbery even at those temperatures.

Latest posts