• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

So I just got in my Pures, one zero and one grip. both have hefty flash on the bottom. The zero is perfect buzzz flat the grip has a uniform dome. what can I expect? I shall post pics directly.

No I haven't thrown the ace races yet. now I'm interested in the ace race disc.

which part do you like fliplfat?

Edit: Pics

Flash on black grip
IMG_2693.jpg

flash on pink zero
IMG_2691.jpg

flash on red grip
IMG_2690.jpg

black grip vs pink zero
IMG_2687.jpg

black grip vs red grip
IMG_2686.jpg

Yeah I was watching the Ace Race footage today on Discrafts facebook page and the disc looks a lot like a Pure. I was paying close attention to how it was flying for people in the vid and I'm not sure if I can actually tell if it's similar or not. Seems to be some hefty fade on the Ace Race disc... Could just be because all those are brand new, who knows...

Be a shame to have Discraft offer a premium Pure before Latitude could.

The Ace Race disc is not a premium Pure. As it is much wider diameter and much deeper, the feel is not even close to Pure, and even though the stability is somewhat similar, the Ace Race disc is much slower than the Pure.

In my experience the slightly domey Grip Pures are slightly more stable than the flat ones, and glide a bit more. Perfect for driving, and my main driving Pure is one of those. Grip-line can also come out just as flat as Zero, as I have a tourney stamped Grip-line that is completely flat.

Man I wish my preferred store would get such cool colors of Pures. Black Grips, pink Zeros, I'd be all over those. Black Zero would be a dream (and pink Grips :) ), but do such things even exist?

And actually lately I've been thinking about the premium Pure thing, is it really necessary? I have been using my red Grip-line for two years now very actively, it has seen countless of tree hits (including full-power drives), and the only damage I've been able to inflict it was when I was playing catch with it while drunk and forehanded it into a concrete wall.. Left quite a noticeable scratch on the rim, but other than that it's still in great shape. The Grip-line seems quite durable enough for all my needs. Of course, Gold-line would be oh so pretty... :)

keltik said:
So I just got in my Pures, one zero and one grip. both have hefty flash on the bottom. The zero is perfect buzzz flat the grip has a uniform dome. what can I expect? I shall post pics directly.

Domey grip lines are more HSS (and slightly more LSS). More so if the flash is huge. I love those red ones. When flattened they fly slightly faster (very, very slightly), same stability, but can take HW so much better. You throw flat, small flash one ~300' 10ft high? I'm guessing you put a slight hyzer on them? Well, if so, that red one you have will hold the hyzer and end up 20-30ft left. They are surprisingly stable. And all of mine (4 red) are like this.

Durability can be a problem. Rocks will chew the flash off very fast, and when some of it is gone, they lose tons of HSS. I took all of it off when this happened and some of the HSS came back. Weird. Very durable when it comes to tree hits. Zero lines taco and lose HSS, but not LSS.

Opto Pure?

EDIT: Ouh, it was 70% tunnel shot :) . I keep my tunnel drives between 6' and 10', so that's were I got that 10ft high. Anyways, what's going on with that black one?

Jeronimo said:
Yeah I was watching the Ace Race footage today on Discrafts facebook page and the disc looks a lot like a Pure. I was paying close attention to how it was flying for people in the vid and I'm not sure if I can actually tell if it's similar or not. Seems to be some hefty fade on the Ace Race disc... Could just be because all those are brand new, who knows...

Be a shame to have Discraft offer a premium Pure before Latitude could.
Its definitely not even remotely pure like. The ace race disc is a spitting mirror inage of an aero. Not the original but the aeros out now. Big diameter,slightly deep and go up to 183g . Sooo yeah,not a premi pure

the nose shape on the ace race is different from the aero. only thing they share is the ginormous flight plate

querstion: how do the Dart and the Pure compare? I'm sure they aren't similar shape wise but what about flight wise?

keltik said:
querstion: how do the Dart and the Pure compare? I'm sure they aren't similar shape wise but what about flight wise?

To me the Pure flew like an aviar with better grip from being flatter... If they had a dx like plastic I would still be throwing them instead

well I have to say I'm not feeling the Fuse or the River. These were supposed to be the easiest to throw Lat discs. all I get pretty much are slip-outs. How should I be throwing these?