• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

With your sick snap ease up on those discs. The Fuse is great when thrown smoothly. Keep working it. If nothing else it should be the best anny disc you've got. River doesn't like huge arm or power either. Smooth 80% and some hyzer might be what you need. Although my newest one is surprising stable. But the flashing is still on. I'd give them a solid month before giving up. Then hit me up for a trade or sale if you don't want them.

keltik said:
well I have to say I'm not feeling the Fuse or the River. These were supposed to be the easiest to throw Lat discs. all I get pretty much are slip-outs. How should I be throwing these?

Is your River Opto? GL has better grip in, that it is tackier. I've not had slip issues any worse than with other discs, that aren't super grippy like FLX.

keltik said:
well I have to say I'm not feeling the Fuse or the River. These were supposed to be the easiest to throw Lat discs. all I get pretty much are slip-outs. How should I be throwing these?
I had the same issue with these discs, but I found GL more slippery than Opto.

Feel depends on the run a little. I've got some real grippy Opto's. I find GL slick when new. It takes me some time to get them beat a little somt hey are nice and grippy.

Heavy GL Fuse has been the best Fuse I've tried. I like the light ones for my weenie arm, but for most they would be flippy. A heavy Opto Fuse doesn't turn and handle the anny as well as a GL for me.

GL Rivers seem to glide more. Opto's seem more stable. Weight dependent of course.

Give them a fair shot before abandoning them. Especially since you've been a Comet guy. It will probably take time getting used to the different feel.

Have to agree with NoLifeLeft here, Opto is at least on par with GL grip, but it's way more affected by skin oil than GL is.

Re slipperiness of GL vs. Opto: I was surprised at how many slips I had with GL Rivers and Fuses. In contrast, I have been throwing Opto Diamonds all summer with no problems. Perhaps it is a rim slant thing rather than a plastic thing (although GL does seem more slick than ESP or Star, especially if any moisture is involved).

Maybe my discs were too smooth. I must not be hitting enough trees (as if).

If MVP produces the Axis in my weight range, and if I like it (that's two "ifs"), I could see giving the Fuse another shot in a Roc - Axis - Fuse midrange lineup. I liked the Fuse, but found the Comet's grip more trustworthy.

River and Fuse are my FAVORITE discs. Add Halo and Pure and multiples of each mold and you have the core of my bag. River and Fuse are so easy to throw. The number one comment I get when playing leagues or tournaments is, "WOW, it doesn't even look like you are trying to throw!" I put 40 or 50 percent into a fuse or river and between these two molds I have 98 percent of my throws under 400'. I need to put some video of what you can do with a fuse online. I'm just severely challenged by computers.

Wind really screws me over though. That is why latitude needs a disc that doesn't flip crazily like a striker or river but doesn't fade like the rest of their discs. Seriously look at the lineup with me. On the flippy side of the lat lineup you have a but-load of options. On the over-stable side you have plenty of variety as well. Moderate discs are Core (too flippy), Striker (too flippy), Riot(this mold seems to be going down hill plus is too stable anyway), and some of the more mellow Halos (too fast). This leaves me a little bit in want for a new lat driver.

Crosseyed0811 said:
keltik said:
querstion: how do the Dart and the Pure compare? I'm sure they aren't similar shape wise but what about flight wise?

To me the Pure flew like an aviar with better grip from being flatter... If they had a dx like plastic I would still be throwing them instead
I HATE dx plastic. It has no use. Why throw plastic that has more release problems, less grab on chains, and absolutely no durability when so many wonderful alternatives are available. I don't understand...

gknmnstr said:
I HATE dx plastic. It has no use. Why throw plastic that has more release problems, less grab on chains, and absolutely no durability when so many wonderful alternatives are available. I don't understand...
Durability depends on the mold and run of DX. I agree with you for pretty much any disc that's 9+ in speed, but up to speed 7 (TeeBird, Eagle) it can be great. They usually glide better than in just about any other plastic, and if you don't get a particularly sucky run they can be quite durable also, mids and putters especially, though fairway drivers can also take a beating. The grip is often pretty great too. The chain grabbing part is a double edged sword, and there are plenty of players who feel that they get more spin outs with really tacky plastic.

What sort of release problems are you talking about?

gknmnstr said:
Crosseyed0811 said:
keltik said:
querstion: how do the Dart and the Pure compare? I'm sure they aren't similar shape wise but what about flight wise?

To me the Pure flew like an aviar with better grip from being flatter... If they had a dx like plastic I would still be throwing them instead

Because my beat up DX Aviar is the best touch approach disc I've ever found. PERIOD. I'm not sure what release problems you have beacause most people would tell you it has better grip/release than most premium plastics. You sound like your throw relies on slips rather than rips and the DX causes deathgrips? Also I've never known DX to have any problems with not grabbing chains well, I don't putt with anything that's not dx/pro-d/other-baseline plastic. I tried some Star putters recently and they just didn't work at all. DX is far from useless, in fact I recently heard Barry Schultz say it was the best plastic out there. The way he put it in the star/champ plastics pretty much every disc flies exactly the same (like a Whippet-x) once it gets to the fade part of their flight. I throw pretty much DX and Pro for everything when I can. ESPECIALLY in the slower molds.

gknmnstr said:
Wind really screws me over though. That is why latitude needs a disc that doesn't flip crazily like a striker or river but doesn't fade like the rest of their discs. Seriously look at the lineup with me. On the flippy side of the lat lineup you have a but-load of options. On the over-stable side you have plenty of variety as well. Moderate discs are Core (too flippy), Striker (too flippy), Riot(this mold seems to be going down hill plus is too stable anyway), and some of the more mellow Halos (too fast). This leaves me a little bit in want for a new lat driver.

Maybe the new fairway driver(s) that they are working on will fit the bill.

EL-KABONG! said:
Maybe the new fairway driver(s) that they are working on will fit the bill.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

gknmnstr said:

are strikers really that flippy? I have 2 one is pretty nice and straight but not flippy. the other one is in the FB category. I haven't heard anyone complain about them being flippy. but I have been throwing the Avenger for a while. I don't really find the Core that flippy either. I don't have as many slip outs with the Core. I never found the Riot to be too stable either. I used to be able to boom with the Riot. I think I gave it to someone for secret santa.

Latest posts