• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

zj1002 said:
And I heard our next order might involve a certain opto putter everyone wants
TurboPutt-2.jpg
?

zj1002 said:
I would give the Villain a speed of 11, glide 4, turn -1, fade 3.

The villain is like a new age wraith to me, with a bit more fade. I think I was throwing a 172 pink opto. I could flip it from slight hyzer and make it flex out to 500ft. The fade at high speeds is comparable to a destroyer. Basically if you combined a wraith and destroyer, you get the Villain. The comparisons to a longer striker are pretty spot on as well. The profiles of both those discs(striker, villain) are very similar. There really isn't much more I could say about this disc than that. It falls in the speed 11-12 range and does a lot of things that many other discs do. If you had a wraith and destroyer in your bag your could drop them both for a Villain. Actually I might call it a DD with more glide. I did see slight turn into a headwind when thrown flat but the fade always kicked in.

Have you thrown Flows much at all? How would the Villan line up with Opto and GL Flows?

I have limited experience with the flow but it definitely would work well next to it. If the flow were like a nuke(in flight, being prone to long turning bombs), the villain is like a stable destroyer. They do different things do in theory they work well together.

I can't really throw these on the course much due to my Mill ties. I get asked a lot if so-and-so new disc is a good compliment to another. I try my best to learn a new disc and see if I have a slot for it. I rarely try to "create" a slot, I let the disc show me that. Anyways, that's my way of saying yes the villain and flow work well together but in the end you need to try it yourself to see if it fits your needs

zj1002 said:
I have limited experience with the flow but it definitely would work well next to it. If the flow were like a nuke(in flight, being prone to long turning bombs), the villain is like a stable destroyer. They do different things do in theory they work well together.

I can't really throw these on the course much due to my Mill ties. I get asked a lot if so-and-so new disc is a good compliment to another. I try my best to learn a new disc and see if I have a slot for it. I rarely try to "create" a slot, I let the disc show me that. Anyways, that's my way of saying yes the villain and flow work well together but in the end you need to try it yourself to see if it fits your needs

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm looking for something to pair up with my Flows for Max D that can handle some headwind.

Do Opto and GL's fly differently as well? I like the sound of them so I'll probably end up checking a couple out soon.

okay I've been on DG hiatus, what are these "test run" Fuses about? http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=546&PPQT1=410

keltik said:
okay I've been on DG hiatus, what are these "test run" Fuses about? http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=546&PPQT1=410
A possible new baseline plastic.

zj1002 said:

At my power domey Opto Flows with high PLH (not drooping down) won't turn at all in calm conditions and flatter GLs are flip city so Flows vary a lot.

GL in general seems to be touch and go. The Tournrey(GL) Giants were considerably longer because of less stability overall

keltik said:

It's like a dx/KC pro blend. Gets better with age. I have a video on the disc nation Facebook that's durability of the blend. I was actually amazed how it got better with hits. Rumor is a 2nd test run isn't far off...

keltik said:
They are exactly what they sound like. A test run of cheap plastic. Kinda like DX? Have not thrown any. Can't really justify it.

Gotta say I am looking forward to test run #2. Rumor is that it is a soft/gummy opto. Sounds like it could be good. Doubt it will be better than opto though. Just that the bar is set so high ya know? Still sounds tantalizing though.

gknmnstr said:
Gotta say I am looking forward to test run #2. Rumor is that it is a soft/gummy opto. Sounds like it could be good. Doubt it will be better than opto though. Just that the bar is set so high ya know? Still sounds tantalizing though.
I've handled some really darn gummy Opto Rivers, how much more gummy can they make them?

keltik said:
so they're redoing their Zero line plastic? interesting. I still like my Zero Pure.

who said anything about redoing zero?

Test plastic is a mid grade that they are experimenting with.