• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 River

i found a couple of fisherman stamps over at DD and bought two of them in case there is something weird about the new run.

Well, seeing the Opto-X Rivers were supposed to be more stable, I think there will probably never be lighter ones than 175ish.

Hopefully they will run some new GLs and have plenty in the low 160s. Best Rivers imho, and hard to find right now.

I have lots of GL Rivers in the 160s. I'd like something a little more stable. I have an Opto with the fisherman stamp, might even be metal flake. It's pretty good. The Opto-X just sounded really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sad to say I lost my beat to **** GL 169g River yesterday. I hate losing discs but this was by far my favorite....like it was my f'n woobie lol.

I have others I can break in, but I was considering a replacement. Anyone know anything very similar? I already ordered a 165g Champ Eagle-L.

I have DX Eagles, Star/DX TB's, JLS, Escape, Explorers, DX like FD, DX Valks, DX/Star/Pro/Gstar Beasts, Jades, Star Leo3, Star RR...yeah I buy a lot of discs haha.

I just really love how I could just use one fairway/distance driver for almost any shot like the River. I'm interested if there is a disc that can do all that meanwhile a bit better in winds (without losing any or little distance).

I'm sad to say I lost my beat to **** GL 169g River yesterday. I hate losing discs but this was by far my favorite....like it was my f'n woobie lol.

I have others I can break in, but I was considering a replacement. Anyone know anything very similar? I already ordered a 165g Champ Eagle-L.

I have DX Eagles, Star/DX TB's, JLS, Escape, Explorers, DX like FD, DX Valks, DX/Star/Pro/Gstar Beasts, Jades, Star Leo3, Star RR...yeah I buy a lot of discs haha.

I just really love how I could just use one fairway/distance driver for almost any shot like the River. I'm interested if there is a disc that can do all that meanwhile a bit better in winds (without losing any or little distance).

Condolences on the loss of your favored disc.

Only suggestion I have is to try a Leopard3 in Champion, Glow Champion, Hannah Leatherman Color Glow Champion or Gibson Luster Champion (and this list goes from less stable to more stable).

Also: a Star TL that over time and use will beat in to River-'ish' greatness.

In case you do lose it for good, maybe it's time to throw an FD in the bag to start working in as a replacement.

FD took over my River slot. It's not as "wow" and the flight is a bit different...not as insanely over the top glidey and more neutral overall, but it just doesn't mess with me. River is so fun to throw but it can do things on its own whim. FD reacts to power, angle, and mild to moderate wind much more predictably and linearly for me. And I can throw it as far as I reasonably need to throw a fairway. Yes the River can absolutely go as far or farther than any other speed 7 fairway, but I'm not trying to match my speed 12 drivers with it in a round.

Basically my point is they are not a 1:1 replacement in terms of throwing them on the same line and angle, but I learned the differences and my game is more consistent.

For someone who has speed 7ish discs as their sweet spot, I totally understand bagging the River and having a great time throwing it.

I have an FD, TB in all plastics, Eagle, Jls, Star TL,.....something about Rivers. I dont get it I just throw it haha

FD took over my River slot. It's not as "wow" and the flight is a bit different...not as insanely over the top glidey and more neutral overall, but it just doesn't mess with me. River is so fun to throw but it can do things on its own whim. FD reacts to power, angle, and mild to moderate wind much more predictably and linearly for me. And I can throw it as far as I reasonably need to throw a fairway. Yes the River can absolutely go as far or farther than any other speed 7 fairway, but I'm not trying to match my speed 12 drivers with it in a round.

Basically my point is they are not a 1:1 replacement in terms of throwing them on the same line and angle, but I learned the differences and my game is more consistent.

For someone who has speed 7ish discs as their sweet spot, I totally understand bagging the River and having a great time throwing it.

Rivers are amazing but in winds, I go low or I go with a TB/Eagle

Btw a River and a fresh dx TB is the go to. I can reach 300 but sometimes inconsistent. I'm a 2 year player and I'd suggest a River for beginners over any driver

It mostly is for placement for a par or a bird.

Perhaps time to retire it to the wall and break in a new disc?

I ordered a Champ Eagle L. It should be in between the River and TB. Nothing annys or turns over for me like the River. I can put it on any line.

I ordered a Champ Eagle L. It should be in between the River and TB. Nothing annys or turns over for me like the River. I can put it on any line.

Agreed. A gold line River becomes a great turnover disc. I went through a few of them, and still will bag one if the baskets on my home course are in certain positions.

Got my bro-in-law throwing my GL River the other day during a round. He is still pretty new and maxs out his drives at around 200 (mainly uses a compass now that I gave him that has been more consistent for him than his leopard). Got him throwing a little better on a hyzer line to get the nose angle down.

He smoothed one with my River and put it out on a beautiful slight hyzer that rode right slightly and just cruised. Put it out there past 300. Easily the longest drive ever for him.