• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 River

Dear Santa,
I would like a 150 class GL river this year. :popcorn:

yer gonna wanna pick up a diamond. 150ish opto diamonds are kick ass little discs. TONS of glide. i love em for down wind shots and shots where i dont have room for a run up or good reachback. my lightweight rivers have been replaced by 150 diamonds. i still have my heavier rivers though, nothing that is currently being made could replace those.

hmm i might just have to try a diamond.. i love my 163 GL River.. all my others are 168ish and they are great but really need some backups in the low 160's but getting hard to find

I agree. I picked up several TM Diamonds @ 158 and they are great. They don't seem as squirrelly in the wind as Rivers can be either. Might just be me getting used to them...not sure.

Bringin' this thread back. Has anybody ever flat-topped a river? My 170 GL is really domey and kinda overstable. I want to make it a hyzer-flip machine, but it's kind of unpredictable when it chooses to flip up.

Are there any major differences in the flight between the opto and GL models? Other than the way they feel in the hand, of course.

Been a long time since I've seen this thread.. Took a month break from disc golf.. I've played 2 rounds since and have gone to my GL River so much.. Champ Valk, GL River, & M Anode are my 3 most used discs.. I wish the River was a bit more Understable but throw it high enough and it will.

I agree. I picked up several TM Diamonds @ 158 and they are great. They don't seem as squirrelly in the wind as Rivers can be either. Might just be me getting used to them...not sure.

See I have a TM Diamond and can't get that stupid thing to go anywhere I wanted it to, full power or not. It's not even in my bag right now, so if you're in the market for another, shoot me a PM. Maybe we could work something out.

However my River on the other hand is wonderful.

Now who can answer my question?! : )

I've thrown a decent amount of rivers in all 3 plastics. I have never seen a "flat" one. I have a flat top king which is one of the flattest discs I have ever seen. Kind of strange. All of the rivers I have owned a have slight dome to them, but I wouldn't call them domey at all.

I have 5 rivers. My blue gold line is by far the flattest. The albatross and bubblegum opto's both have that signiture River dome.

To me the blue gold line flies a touch less stable, which I like a lot. I always carry one of my domier, stable bubblegums and the blue each round.

Now who can answer my question?! : )

probably not many

the dome will give a lot more glide which is part of the key to the River

if you really want to be able to flip you are probably better off just getting a lighter model or a TM model

Thanks guys. I'm just going to have to beat it up really good if I want it to fly the way it should, or learn to throw H-Flips better.

Latest posts