• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 River

man im loving the rivers.. havent fell for a disc like this since comets. Still want to test an opto but so far have a 163 and 166 Gold Line and they are buttah.. getting more distance then i was with my dx teebirds and still able to shape about any line i would like. I have had a couple release issues but its a new disc so just comes with the territory but my buddies have been amazed with the air time this thing gets just seems to glide forever

Threw my GL yesterday & it was as advertised. It's marked 166 but scaled at 170. Heavier than I was wanting but surprisingly it flew just like I expected a lighter one to. A little turn, slight fade, pretty darn straight. I had tossed heavier Opto's some in the past & was never impressed, basically a Teebird that may turn a little or may not. Never won me over. But after the GL tryouts, I'm with Ian. It was as far, sometimes farther than my DX Ealges, Teebirds, & Star Roadrunner. I swore I'd never take the DX magic out of my bag but it could happen. Oh Eagles, oh Teebirds, what a fight for survival you have stumbled into!

Last edited:
I've thrown my girlfriend's Diamond a few times & it does have long potential. But with the light weight & understable-ness (word?) I'm still trying to get the hyzer angle right

I keep thinking about trying a Diamond, but I just don't know what I would do with it. Maybe replace my Leopard for finesse shots, but I also like the fact the Leopard comes in cheap plastic that I can throw without risking much over water. I suppose if that were the case, I could stick some cheap Leos in the bag for that situation.

I've thrown my girlfriend's Diamond a few times & it does have long potential. But with the light weight & understable-ness (word?) I'm still trying to get the hyzer angle right

Yeah, flipping to flat for a straight shot is hard to judge, especially as the disc breaks fast from new to beat. But when you get it dialed in, you can do some magically straight and glidey throws. Also crazy good for throwing uphill tunnel shots on a hyzer flip.

And real good for flipping over to make a turn and then stabilizing to flat and continue gliding in the direction it turned.

Diamonds are fun to throw. I had great results at maybe 70% power with slow clean form. It would go looong if thrown just right. If not, it would dive hard. It is a great beginner disc and fun to throw, but just a tad to touchy to go in the bag. In my experience, sidewinders and roadrunners don't come near to the flippy nature of the diamond out of the box. Everyone should own one just to let their noob friends play with it.

My dream is a diamond in mid 160's that has a little more hss to hold straighter and slow the turn. That is a disc that would make the bag for sure.

what is the lightest river you have come across? I cant fidn under 165. is that the cutt-off point so to speak?

176 Sparkle Opto River is considerably LSS overstable and definitely HSS, turn resistant, by River standards, but absolutely perfect for my game.

I just picked up a 168 GL. I couldn't imagine a 160.

I used to have 162g and 161g GL Rivers, but too flippy, gave them away. I now have a 165g Opto which is superb...less dome than typical Rivers in Opto, very neutral with tons of glide even by River standards, and decent into a headwind. Rivers kill any Leopards I've ever thrown.

I have a River in GL, I think its about 169g. I'm considering getting an Opto though, are they pretty similar, or is Opto even better?

I've got an opto for straight shots w/small fade, a GL for dead straight or light turnovers, and a test material for turnovers and hyzer flips.
The river has simplified my driver game a ton! I carry the rivers, a glo roadrunner, an eagle-X, a Starfire and a firebird. I also carry a flick, but I think I need to take it out as it never gets thrown

At that weight a Diamond may be just as good. Try a Diamond, and then maybe Santa can bring you something different.