• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 River

^^yup, but they may fly differently. PLH ftw!

Picked up a 169 GL to compare to my Opto River. The domes seem pretty similar and PLH is really close.The stability difference from GL to Opto seems to hold true between all of their molds (GL more stable/understable). I might prefer the GL but I need a few more rounds to decide.

Picked up a 169 GL to compare to my Opto River. The domes seem pretty similar and PLH is really close.The stability difference from GL to Opto seems to hold true between all of their molds (GL more stable/understable). I might prefer the GL but I need a few more rounds to decide.

I thought it was the Opto that was more stable?

ok so from what i have read from this thread, people generally prefer gl over opto, but why? is it the stability or the plastic durability? What makes the gl preferred over the opto. I have first hand experience with gl but not opto.

Where did you get teh 163 river? I have a 162 I have been trying to get backups for for over 6 months and cant find anything less than 169. Its simply an amazing disc and would hate to have to ditch it for something else just because I cant find any backups

got it from mr.prerube on the marketplace.. and yeah i have had a wanted thread for a bit now and no responses yet.. been looking online too with no luck.. only 169+... i want one around that weight tho too lol

I recently got a 164 and a 165 GL from DTW. Would like to try an opto some day but they seem even harder to find below 170.

ok so from what i have read from this thread, people generally prefer gl over opto, but why? is it the stability or the plastic durability? What makes the gl preferred over the opto. I have first hand experience with gl but not opto.

For me, the grip and feel of the GL is perfect. I have many Optos and they are great too, especially my diamonds. Also I find the lighter colored Optos a bit harder to find in heavily wooded courses. My 2 cents.

Damn you Huck Finn. Keep those secrets to yourself!! My collection of light weight Rivers needs to grow.

i went to dtw but only listed 172-173.. guess i could call tho.. but if you anyone wants to part with one im looking for GL Rivers and Strikers from 160-168.. dont expect a response tho lol :p

I've also been hunting for another 165 GL River. I'm trying to find one so I have a backup for the one currently in my bag, if I lose it I'd be screwed. 170+ GL's don't fly anything at all like the 165 I have. The light weight one was flippy right outta the box so it has it's uses that normal weight Rivers cannot not do for me. I've been watching for a 165 GL for awhile now with no luck.

There is generally a very noticeable difference between Opto and GL, mainly that Opto is more stable. This is compounded by the durability of opto meaning that it won't break in for a long time. If you like more overstable discs in general then opto will be great for you. Personally I prefer opto for forehands to avoid flipping over too early and GL for backhands for more grip and control.

well i played three rounds yesterday using the gl river instead of my dx teebirds and had some of my longest throws since discn down.. really enjoyed throwing it and was worried it might not hold a nice anhyzer but it did just fine.. now i want more lol :p

Traded a guy for 174 opto and 170 gl. Huge difference in these discs. Opto flew like a seasoned teebird little turn and little fade the gl flew like a beat to crap tee bird lots of turn no fade. I've also found that these don't perform well in a head wind for me. Is that the the same for u other river chucker?