• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 River

I guess I got lucky every time I've purchased Lat64 discs. I got an early Striker and it is a solid straight flyer. My Opto Halo is a flater one and combines the miracle glide of a River with the distance and flight path of a genuine Destroyer. My GL River came flat with no flashing on it, and is the best understable driver I've ever had the joy to throw. I was unaware of the different moldings when I got all of them.
They are all nicely seasoned now, and still retain all the consistency and flight that they had from the first throw.

It really isn't different "moldings"
Some discs have more flash when they pop out of the mold. More rarely, some don't get trimmed properly/at all. But they could have these differences on the same run/day/plastic etc

And before some clown-a$$ conspiracy theorist pops up, this goes on with ALL manufacturers.

If you didn't get any on your particular discs, that's cool

Skulboy Rivers are neat-o

Attachments

• IMG_20110725_120748.jpg
    IMG_20110725_120748.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 50
I have been throwing these that last 4 weeks and have really been happy with the results. They fly very nicely on the big sweeping annies. They do really well on low power Tunnel shots. I find between the strikers and the rivers I have all my shots covered with these besides max D stuff.

I have for the time being set my flows aside as they were just not getting enough use to justify carrying them.

Cheers - Koffee

I have been throwing these that last 4 weeks and have really been happy with the results. They fly very nicely on the big sweeping annies. They do really well on low power Tunnel shots. I find between the strikers and the rivers I have all my shots covered with these besides max D stuff.

I have for the time being set my flows aside as they were just not getting enough use to justify carrying them.

Cheers - Koffee

striker/river is an awesome combo. especially if you have a 170 or lighter river (i find them a tad more understable than the heavy ones.

I have a real domey Opto River that's stable and a GL that's really understable, really like having a river for both situations.

Skulboy Rivers are neat-o

Thanks El!
I got one just like the one you have in the photo. The first batch DTWorld stamped, the tried different color foils and some were very orange. The second batch, they only stamped the GL with black foil and the plastic was more on the red side. Both look great, but I stashed away an orange with with red foil to keep.

striker/river is an awesome combo. especially if you have a 170 or lighter river (i find them a tad more understable than the heavy ones.

I usually carry from 3 to 4 in different weights. It is nice to have the option that the differing weights give you.

I have a 163 but it's too beat to do much wiff

And a couple of 155s...but those are prolly headed for Japan someday

Cheers - Koffee

I have had a problem with my recent ones on tunnel shots to where I kept my pro Leo in the bag; but, I will see how it does now that I sanded one of the 2s flash off and will leave it on the other.

I will admit though; when screwing around, I have thrown Rivers right at a bunch of trees and laughed at the "luck" I seem to have with them finding their way through. I would joke about it but sometimes it weaves through that it almost seems magical. lol

wow...my low 160s are the lightest I've seen...155 sounds like an accident...lol.
I hadn't realized this before, but I've got some light (160g) champ destroyers. If you hold the rim up to the light, you can see that what they did was inject LOTS of tiny tiny air bubbles into the rim, so that's uniform mass of voids in the palstic...makes me wonder how durable it is. Maybe I'll remember to take a picture of it tomorrow when I get home...

Got my first River today, 168g pink Opto. Wow there is a lot of flash on the bottom. Cant wait to take it out for some throws tomorrow. :)

wow...my low 160s are the lightest I've seen...155 sounds like an accident...lol.
I hadn't realized this before, but I've got some light (160g) champ destroyers. If you hold the rim up to the light, you can see that what they did was inject LOTS of tiny tiny air bubbles into the rim, so that's uniform mass of voids in the palstic...makes me wonder how durable it is. Maybe I'll remember to take a picture of it tomorrow when I get home...

I believe ya
I have some champ katanas and destroyers (red champ w dragons from AO/DGV) that are sub 160 w the bubbles. If your's are similar, they wear in fine; no worries.

The difference is that with a speed 12-13 and high density premium plastic, you gotta have some kinda miracle (bubbles in this case) to lower the disc weight because they get tons of xouts in lower weights for hi speeds.

For the River it isn't too hard to manufacture- but the market is too limited for a newer company to make alot of lower weights available.

that might depend on the Flow...there are some stable and some understable

I'd say get a Sword which I think is Westside's "version" (if you will) of the Flow
they have very similar specs

and perhaps get it in Tournament Plastic

So if I have a noodle arm, is the Flow a good choice for a maxD driver?

I just added a few "high speed" drivers to my bag to mess around with. One was a GL Flow the other a 2x Champ Beast. I find that they are very similar in flight for me, slightly understable and flex out with little fade with a 75%power throw. That said the flow is the easiest distance I have thrown besides my valks. As I understand it the opto is a little more stable than GL.

On topic: I throw a stinky pinky 169 opto River.