• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 River

I have a GL river that I used as my primary distance driver for about 8-9 months,it is beat to ****ing ****,the plastic still looks great though,i don't use it nearly as much now,but whenever I need something to turnover to the ground without a full rip,or a low glidey tunnel shot,that's what's coming out of the bag.

I have a GL river that I used as my primary distance driver for about 8-9 months,it is beat to ****ing ****,the plastic still looks great though,i don't use it nearly as much now,but whenever I need something to turnover to the ground without a full rip,or a low glidey tunnel shot,that's what's coming out of the bag.

:hfive: That's what I want to hear. I can't wait to get my GL beat up to the point where I just know it's going to hit a point in every shot from which it will not turn back to the left (rhbh).

I also want to comment on how nicely the River fits into my game. I like to push my mids and power down on my PDs/TDs, so the River/XXX take up the space in between those two extremes. They do this job wonderfully. I do wonder what a totally beat XXX would be like...Probably the ultimate line shaper. I'm throwing 168 Opto XXXs right now that are super nice compared to the heavy ones, still dependably stable yet will glide on a flat line rather easily and never go too far on shorter shots.

I'm a believer in the River!

Thanks to this forum, I went out and bought an opto line River. I was looking for a replacement for my CE Leopard, and while this River isn't exactly that, I do find it really fun to throw. I've never been a huge fan of the big rimmed driver arms race, and the River IMO is a big step forward in dg tech when looking at a normal rim width. The thing is glide-y, and locks in to a line. I like it very much. :thmbup::hfive:

I had a hard time finding a River below 168, which would be ok but I like them closer to around 165 for fairways, so I did a search and ended up ordering 2 164 g from Discovering the worlds Amazon store.

They got here super quick and I was pleased to find a pair of twins. I'm moving but hopefully I will find time Monday morning to sneak out for a round. Right now I am stuck waiting for the cable company for internet, and then picking up a truck and will be busy likely for quite a while.

Attachments

• River Twins.jpg
    River Twins.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 79
I love my Rivers. They have become almost my go-to distance driver. I was throwing an Opto and GL. The Opto was very domey and the GL flat and almost concaved. For whatever the reason, I didn't like the flat GL. It was definately more understable and paired nicely with Opto, but I didn't use it a ton. Now my Opto is beat in to the point where I can take the GL out and have replaced with a fresh Opto.
This disc and the Fuse are the two discs in my bag that make people go, "Wow, that was an amazing shot. What was that?"
I, of course, say, "A River, it's made by Latitude 64."
To which they reply, "Who?"
The best all around driver IMO. Rivers throwers of the world unite!

Yeah the River is my favorite driver period. I now own 3 optos and 6 GL with another colorshift GL on it's way. I carry 3 in my bag: a 161g GL that I use for hyzer flips and rollers, a broke in 168g opto thats really nice at shaping lines and a domey 171g GL that's nice and stable.

My rivers have been a great new addition to the game. I love that with their glide they fly just as far as my distance drivers. My Opto has a little bit of stability too so I can throw it on nice 375'+ hyzers. I've accidentally blown by 350' holes a bunch of times on throws that my Orcs would just hit the mark

Dude, the River is awesome. Don't do yourself a disservice by missing out on one.

And if you're one of those odd people who don't like the River :)p), then I guarantee you can post it on the Marketplace and sell it super-fast.

So my first time with Rivers when they first came out, I got a 161 and a 170 something. The 161 was glidey and the 170+ was surprisingly stable and didn't glide as well. I assumed it was weight and sold it then got a mid 160s which flew just like the 161. I then eventuall y got rid of both and went another direction

Fast forward about a year and I missed them so I got 2 mid 160s. Threw one yesterday mostly on practice throws and it seems more like that 170+ started looking at it and I don't think they are supposed to have a micro bead are they? I think its flash. At any rate, I went to my sanding block this morning and feeling around I also detected some scratchy plastic around the bottom of the nose. Think that is flash to?

I'm wondering how much either spots of flash would affect these. It not only was more stable than expected but it reall dropped when fading in a peculiar way.

Just a word of caution, I had one that had a ton of flash like yours and I sanded it all off. Turned the thing into a beat River instanatly. (Mine was a GL btw) Still super useful, great for annys and hyzer-flips, but not straight shots.

These flashing issues are why I'd pay 2 or 3 dollars more at a brick and mortar store. I want to hold the disc before "investing" in it.

Flashing is easy to cure (emery boards).
Plus, I like to leave it on at first to experience the "eagley" River effect

Just a word of caution, I had one that had a ton of flash like yours and I sanded it all off. Turned the thing into a beat River instanatly. (Mine was a GL btw) Still super useful, great for annys and hyzer-flips, but not straight shots.

I'm ok with that as I am not really looking at the River for straight shots but I am just surprised if the flashing would make that big of difference.

You should read Jeronimo's nearly novel length treatise on L64 and Flash/PLH/Stability over at DGR.
It really does affect the flight.

If you try throwing a disc with pronounced flash on the bottom of the edge (not the flash that can be at the PL/side of disc) and then sand it off you will see the difference in flight. For sure.
I usually leave it alone unless it is ripping through my fingers

Here's J-Ro's epic work
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/...5&t=5420&sid=b5a8f19858dd1bd76256bcd428396d50

^ You really under-sell it. That is one of the most well-written, detailed, and complete critiques of the Lat64 brand I've seen. And it has proper photos to go with each segment. Tip of the hat to Jeronimo for the great piece of disc golf literature.
Oh yeah, Rivers are one of the top 10 best discs ever made and everybody should try one.

I'm ok with that as I am not really looking at the River for straight shots but I am just surprised if the flashing would make that big of difference.

Flashing, if large enough can act just like a bead and make the disc much more stable but of course with time will wear off. I generally just sand down slightly with 500+ grit sandpaper. River is like a old seasoned striker out of the box and a more stable vision once broken in. Vision only comes out for rollers or tight lower power shots now.

^ You really under-sell it. That is one of the most well-written, detailed, and complete critiques of the Lat64 brand I've seen. And it has proper photos to go with each segment. Tip of the hat to Jeronimo for the great piece of disc golf literature.
Oh yeah, Rivers are one of the top 10 best discs ever made and everybody should try one.

I have given Jeronimo props and linked that thing a jillion times (I even made a slicker version of his orig MS draw 'real world, field tested flight chart')

Apologies if I didn't toot los horn loud enough on this one. But I figured Technohic had seen it before.

Easy to fix:
WAY TA GO, JERONIMO! YAY TEAM. :thmbup:

That is a hell of a write up. I kind of skimmed for now and will read the rest tomorrow while at work lol

Here's the be-fo and afta

Attachments

• Latitude64FlightPaths.jpg
    Latitude64FlightPaths.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 71
  • lat64flightpath2.jpg
    lat64flightpath2.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 88