• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

7559823494_665ae2d697.jpg

Saint.
Brought to you once again by the always awesome Discovering The World.
This design should be stamped within the next week. I'll post an update when they're ready and hopefully get my hands on some of my own to put up in the Marketplace.

nice job duncan. i'll be grabbing some of those babies...

i'm nearly done with my lat 64 girl - i'm just trying to tone her down a bit, but one side of me is saying screw it. hey, i'm known for drawing sexy females! :p

wb1-1.jpg

witchblade is copyright 2012 top cow comics

To re-jump back on this bandwagon of stabliness; my Gold Line has a little flip but finishes straight. My Opto can hold a flat line the entire distance but has the mildest of fades. If powered up and with less than perfect form, the Gold Line can flip over and ditch itself into the ground at 240 feet. The Opto will track right and go about 330 feet before finding ground. For me, while they are not nose (up or down) sensitive like my Rivers, they are more anhyzer sensitive than my TeeBirds.

I am finding that I am spending more and more time with my TeeBirds again (I went through this same phase with my Rivers), but I am not abandoning the Saints yet. I really like the flip in the Gold Line and for the Opto I like when I get it right that it stays flat, tracks a little to the right, but still ends up on my line, and with tremendous distance.

If any of them goes significantly to the right, it is because of poor form, not because of the disc. I can see the comparison to a Sidewinder if you happened to get one of the least stable Saints, especially if your can throw with power, but for me I am sticking with my comparison of between a TL and TeeBird.

I'm very much in agreement with this, basing it on my only Saint...168 opto. I can anny it hard to the ground if I try, but it has to be intentional and either the angle or power need to be exaggerated for it to hold that line without pulling out of it. I will say that at about 10mph headwind, it loses a bit of hss and at 15mph it really needs hyzer for it not to track too far or even flip with bad form, but it'll still cut through those wind speeds fairly well. It really feels so much like a Viking to me, but a bit longer and more comfortable in the hand. It's not going to replace my OLFs because of the winds we have here, but it's in the bag...Viking and Valk are out for now.

At one time I threw Sidewinders quite a bit, star only, but I never had a Sidewinder that was anything like the Saint. I suspect that if the Saint is flying that way even in gl plastic, then it's probably oat from some source.
It's not a flippy, turning disc at all, but it certainly doesn't have true Teebird-like overstability. The easy distance and glide are too good to pass up...it's a keeper disc.

nice job duncan. i'll be grabbing some of those babies...

i'm nearly done with my lat 64 girl - i'm just trying to tone her down a bit, but one side of me is saying screw it. hey, i'm known for drawing sexy females! :p

wb1-1.jpg

witchblade is copyright 2012 top cow comics

Liking the Witchblade action, very nice.
Is this your Lat 64 girl that you are thinking about toning down or do you have something else on the drawing table?

Alright guys, need a bit of help. I have a DX Teebird that I love, I've been getting the best drives I've ever thrown with this guy. I know it's not directly Teebird = Saint, but I have the ability to pick up a Saint, will I be disappointed? I've got other Lat 64 that I love, so I'm aware of it's wonderfulness.

Looking for some advice from Teebird and Saint throwers. Thanks in advance.

Alright guys, need a bit of help. I have a DX Teebird that I love, I've been getting the best drives I've ever thrown with this guy. I know it's not directly Teebird = Saint, but I have the ability to pick up a Saint, will I be disappointed? I've got other Lat 64 that I love, so I'm aware of it's wonderfulness.

Looking for some advice from Teebird and Saint throwers. Thanks in advance.

You already answered your own question

Just put a couple of GL's in the marketplace if anybody wants them. I prefer the Opto's.

ummm...just threw an opto saint...thing goes FAR! farther than my teebirds...im going to wait till after worlds to give them a go. a little less stable than a teebird...they could just fit in between my teebird and TL rotation

Last edited:
I took out my 168 GL Saint today and compared it to my 170 SOLS. So far the Saint really isn't for me. What I observed is that it has a straight flight from the being and then developes a abrupt turn about midway through it's flight. That could be a interesting tool for some holes... It didn't prove that it was better than the SOLS, in fact I was getting the SOLF out about 15ft farther. In the Saint's defense, I tend to throw with a hyser flip, so the SOLF was easier at that. The Saint sort of reminded me of a fresh P-PD. I plan on trying it out some more before I let it go.

After about 2 weeks of throwing it, I've been throwing it on more and more holes. I've got a 174g Opto. I wanted lighter, but that's all my local shop had.

It's just an absolute laser beam. It seems to just go straight a mile before it even starts to fade.

We've had a couple of 15+ mph wind days, and it gains only a little HSS, which is far less than I would have expected throwing it into a headwind.

Overall, great disc. I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for a very straight fairway driver.

I threw my buddy's Saint for the first time on Saturday. All I can say is that disc holds a straight line like no other disc I've thrown. That disc goes exactly where you throw it. I snapped it hard and flat and it just soared. I'm now going to pick one up and see if it will replace my Teebirds.

I took out my 168 GL Saint today and compared it to my 170 SOLS. So far the Saint really isn't for me. What I observed is that it has a straight flight from the being and then developes a abrupt turn about midway through it's flight. That could be a interesting tool for some holes... It didn't prove that it was better than the SOLS, in fact I was getting the SOLF out about 15ft farther. In the Saint's defense, I tend to throw with a hyser flip, so the SOLF was easier at that. The Saint sort of reminded me of a fresh P-PD. I plan on trying it out some more before I let it go.

I don't have much experience with sols, just a couple of throws really. But the solf is my main driver. The Saint for me is the perfect compliment to my beat solf.

mine came today

pretty standard magenta GL marked 168
and a nice sparkle raspberry Opto also marked 168

the soonest I'll be able to throw them is Friday

I'm hoping they will be mini Swords (at least the Opto) up to about 375

Latest posts