• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

If I have to fight a hard wind, I'll grab either a Villain or Bolt. They both do it well. I don't think I have thrown my Saints in anything over 15 except for one time. Was playing a practice round right before a BIG storm hit and threw into what was a 15-20 mph headwind. Halfway down the fairway, a 50-60 mph gust hit. It flipped my Opto Saint over and blew it sideways approx 150' and backwards 60' or so.:doh: The way it hit, that gust may have flipped most anything.:\ I'd say under 15 and you are going to be OK....over that, I just don't know, but would be willing to give it a shot. When its windy, I try to stay on the deck as much as possible. The Saint will hold tight, straight lines at full power down low.

You throw a Bolt as a wind fighter????????????????????

Straight into a headwind, yes...yes I will. If I have to cross it or hit it at an angle, Villain, PD, Destroyer or Firebird gets the nod depending on my mood and the shot needed. ( I left the others out since its a Lat discussion.;))
But straight at it, the pancake flat, TM Bolts I have will do fine. Discovered that by accident, too.:)

I have a hard time with understanding a Bolt as a driver in a headwind...they are very understable and even sent out on hyzer can flip up and over in my experience

After reading the rave reviews I finally pulled the trigger on a gl saint. My current bag is Orc,eagle, leopard, sidewinder, roadrunner,pig buzz,gator,wizard. Is there room anywhere in there or is there too much overlap with the leopard and eagle?

ManU, I wouldn't use it if it didn't work for me. Besides, its not that US. 13/6/-2/3 As long as it isn't beat to hell and kept low, it will handle a pretty good headwind.

Just because its understable doesn't mean it will not work. 25-30 years ago, everything was understable after a few rounds. There were no hard over discs to use, so we used what we had and learned how to do it. And, with nothing but base plastic on everything, even stable discs weren't stable long.

As to the discussion here, I'd use my freshy and lightly used TM Bolt over my Saints into a pretty good headwind any day. BUT, you have to choose your shots and match it to the disc, as with any situation. They will not work across the board, but they have their moments.

Thcdisc^nope there is some everywhere and it could fight those molds.
orc maybe but the saint will move a lil where the orc very laser like if that makes sense at all.
eagle yes very similar but less fade more glide on the saint
leopard no saint is way longer, but i have been calling my gold line saint my long leopard
sidewinder maybe depending on your power, but the saint is definitely more stable and slower? have not thrown one in quite a while
roadrunner nope way more stable.

probably does not help, but this disc will at least fit the style of disc you seem to gravitate to. YMMV

After reading the rave reviews I finally pulled the trigger on a gl saint. My current bag is Orc,eagle, leopard, sidewinder, roadrunner,pig buzz,gator,wizard. Is there room anywhere in there or is there too much overlap with the leopard and eagle?

Not a big Leopard fan, but from the little I have used them, Id say they are safe from overlap. The Leopard being slower will power down better for finesse shots I'd think. At least that is how I would approach it.

Eagle, maybe in trouble. My Saints have pushed my Eagles out of the bag completely. Everywhere I made a shot with an Eagle, I am now using a Saint and making the shots a little easier than the Eagle did. My Star Eagle was my go-to buddy, too. :\

Sidewinder..hmm. I have made forehand Saint shots that I used to do with a Sidewinder backhand. Takes a little more work, and a slightly different line, but the end lie is close to the same. I guess the answer would depend on how you use the 'Winder and how you throw it.

Edit: I have been meaning to pit the 'Winder and Saint against each other. May be a good thing to try this week.

Last edited:
For me all the other drivers, besides my leopards are only in the bag for situational reasons.

The teebird i carry never gets thrown its there for security when i go to crap, the olf, only on heavy winds and even then i can hyzer the opto saint out. The trident is more of a mid/utility.

I think that the saint is a very versatile mold, especially in both plastics. Because of the glide it takes a little work to dial it in, but now that I am so familiar with this driver I can cover 90% of my drives with this mold. I would like to see a similar speed lat/westside disc more stable like a longer predator. Hopefully the stag when it comes out fills this role.

Ya I use my sidewinder for a lot of super straight shots or anhyzers up to 350'. My Orc is used as my my main hyzer disc also about 350'. My eagle is my hyzer disc but I can only get it to 250-300. I was hoping the saint could be a slightly longer hyzer disc than the eagle. My max distance is 350. Don't know if that made any sense at all.

ManU, I wouldn't use it if it didn't work for me. Besides, its not that US. 13/6/-2/3 As long as it isn't beat to hell and kept low, it will handle a pretty good headwind.

Just because its understable doesn't mean it will not work. 25-30 years ago, everything was understable after a few rounds. There were no hard over discs to use, so we used what we had and learned how to do it. And, with nothing but base plastic on everything, even stable discs weren't stable long.

As to the discussion here, I'd use my freshy and lightly used TM Bolt over my Saints into a pretty good headwind any day. BUT, you have to choose your shots and match it to the disc, as with any situation. They will not work across the board, but they have their moments.

fair enough
I'm probably an OAT munkee anyway

what distances are you getting with the Bolts?

and as this is the Saint thread...I'd personally choose my 175 Opto Saint ahead of my Bolt

but not my 168 GL Saint into a headwind

Distance? Not far compared to some. I have a very bad shoulder and my off side is even worse.:doh: I pretty much top out at 300ish with the Bolt on a good day. I really haven't spent quite enough time with it to really see if I can unlock it more. Now that it isn't quite so hot out, maybe I can start that process.

not a knock...
I can now understand how you would use the Bolt into a HW

it is fast so there will be some speed stability due to the wing size

as you keep developing you may find that to change...you can unlock a lot more out of it yet
but you will need patience

the Bolt likes smooth clean form

So I am really liking the Saint and it is making its way as my main driver. Just like I like doing with some of my main disc I want to dye it, however it may be too beautiful to dye it.

GL Saint

7998022624_3847dd0600_c.jpg

I wouldn't say the Saint is a real wind fighter...

If its crazy headwinds I reach for a XXX or Giant. Certain Strikers are beefy enough too.

I would agree on the lack of wind fighting ability. I took mine out to a more open course today and threw really long turnover shots with little effort. Headwinds would have killed it. The giant would be much better at it, but we're talking apples and oranges here, to bust out a tired old phrase. But the 2 are not in the same wing size and speed class so I don't see the point in comparing them.

Latest posts