• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

MOving on to warships and Buzzzs so watch out!! ;) Besides i have to keep some room around for the westside stag when it comes out!!! At this point its gonna take a killer saint for me to snag it!!

on another note! I have a white worlds gold line and a white disc or die saint coming. these whites seem way more domey than the other gold lines i have seen. I am not throwing the worlds at all so i will have to wait for the disc or die one comes out. I would assume that the dome adds some stability, cannot wait to find out for sure! anyone thrown a white gold line and can report?

Mine hasn't been like a longer river at all! And I definitely don't have a noodle. I can stretch my TL to around 330-350 on a rope! Mrglass I think I should try a GL but there aren't any light ones in the marketplace :( so if you see any sittin around, hook a brother up!

Mine hasn't been like a longer river at all! And I definitely don't have a noodle. I can stretch my TL to around 330-350 on a rope! Mrglass I think I should try a GL but there aren't any light ones in the marketplace :( so if you see any sittin around, hook a brother up!
I may know someone who has a heavier one but its almost impossible to get him to come off saints:p, but really i have all 160s and only one heavier one as a backup. oops i have some light ones

whatcha got?

So, I tried out the Saint for a while, after 144 holes (8 rounds, 1 of which was Saint only) and some serious field work (4ish hours over as many days), I've decided that the Saint is not for me.

I was hoping it would end up being a fairway driver that I could shape lines with, but it wasn't even close.

I tested a 174g Opto and a 170 GL (a friend's he let me borrow while he held my beloved Boss hostage) and I couldn't get either to shape any lines other than a slow fade. The worst part is I was actually throwing my Buzzz and Comet farther (though to be fair, I can throw that Comet a long way for it being a midrange). I know some of you folks love them, but to me, it was like a much more overstable, expensive DX Beast.

I may have been overpowering it, but even when powering down it just seemed to fall instead of float.

Fortunately for me (and my wallet), my little brother came up for the weekend and when he saw it, he fell in love. He's a closet Saints fan and deeply religious, so the name peaked his interest. When he threw it, it was exactly what I wanted it to be for me. The first time he threw it, it was a beautiful S-curving anhyzer, he tossed it on several holes and by the end of the round, he wanted it to go directly into his bag. He throws mostly RHFH where as I throw mostly RHBH, so maybe that's the difference. He took it off my hands and handed me $15, which I plan to put towards the Volt, when possible. Hopefully that will fill the "fairway driver I can shape lines with" niche that my Comet is currently filling.

So, a long story short: it didn't work out for me, but my brother is having amazing results with it. I consider that a suspense story with a happy ending. Cheers!

So, I tried out the Saint for a while, after 144 holes (8 rounds, 1 of which was Saint only) and some serious field work (4ish hours over as many days), I've decided that the Saint is not for me.

I was hoping it would end up being a fairway driver that I could shape lines with, but it wasn't even close.

I tested a 174g Opto and a 170 GL (a friend's he let me borrow while he held my beloved Boss hostage) and I couldn't get either to shape any lines other than a slow fade. The worst part is I was actually throwing my Buzzz and Comet farther (though to be fair, I can throw that Comet a long way for it being a midrange). I know some of you folks love them, but to me, it was like a much more overstable, expensive DX Beast.

I may have been overpowering it, but even when powering down it just seemed to fall instead of float.

Fortunately for me (and my wallet), my little brother came up for the weekend and when he saw it, he fell in love. He's a closet Saints fan and deeply religious, so the name peaked his interest. When he threw it, it was exactly what I wanted it to be for me. The first time he threw it, it was a beautiful S-curving anhyzer, he tossed it on several holes and by the end of the round, he wanted it to go directly into his bag. He throws mostly RHFH where as I throw mostly RHBH, so maybe that's the difference. He took it off my hands and handed me $15, which I plan to put towards the Volt, when possible. Hopefully that will fill the "fairway driver I can shape lines with" niche that my Comet is currently filling.

So, a long story short: it didn't work out for me, but my brother is having amazing results with it. I consider that a suspense story with a happy ending. Cheers!

Glad someone liked it...I use mine RHFH mostly too

Frigo, you should have tried a lighter gold line. My 168 opto is dead straight and my 168 gold line has a beautiful s curve or turnover shot depending on my angle or release. I know everyone calls them a longer river, but I have started throwing my Rivers a a lot more recently and get them out to the same distance. ~400

Frigo I am not defending the saint at all. But based on your post you gave it a good run and also made sure that the next owner would love it so great job!!! every saint needs a good loving home.

that said: if you can throw your comet farther than the saint you were not getting the saint up to its cruising speed. I smell OAT in your throw. The saint likes smooth. Not to be confused with powering down. the saint has to be one of the easiest discs to throw and throw far. A 300-350 throw for me is only at about 80% power. If i try too hard with the saint its done and will fly as you described it.

either way you gave it a good run and it didn't work out, but id venture to guess if you had cleaner form you would have enjoyed the saint even more. YMMV

atta boy!!! Never spent too much time with the eagle is the saint really that similar?

They are for me. The big difference is obviously the glide and the power issue. I max my eagles out around 320-360 depending, and my saint I can get to the same distance with a nice smooth 80% throw. The flight lines are very similar from what ive experienced. Ive been throwing Champ Eagles (170 and 175) and my saints are Sparkle Optos (167 and 175) for reference.

that said: if you can throw your comet farther than the saint you were not getting the saint up to its cruising speed. I smell OAT in your throw. The saint likes smooth.

I think you may be right about the cruising speed, but not necessarily the OAT. The Comet is notorius for being very sensitive to OAT, so if his Comets are flying well I doubt that's the case.

Maybe trying a Gold Line would be a good idea. I'm thinking of getting one myself to compliment my Optos.

I think you may be right about the cruising speed, but not necessarily the OAT. The Comet is notorius for being very sensitive to OAT, so if his Comets are flying well I doubt that's the case.

Maybe trying a Gold Line would be a good idea. I'm thinking of getting one myself to compliment my Optos.
good point i was just thinking that about the comet.

hey frigobar. if you ever get your hands on another saint throw it exactly how you throw the comet and see what happens.

What do you throw out to 400 and what does it fly like? Hyzer flip, straight shot, "s" shot?

I throw 400 ft with a surge and it is almost straight with a little flip to it and a fade back at the end. The opto saint is more understable IMO but it still flies almost perfectly straight for a 320-350 ft shot.

Thanks, so what weight would be good for my distance? I want to put some oomph behind it without it turning and burning.

Another thing, can they shape lines like an Eagle L or PD?

Hey MrGlass, on the bay they have a few brainwave dyed gold line disc or die saints. A bit pricey for my taste, but cool looking nonetheless.

I bought one, but not off of ebay :)

168774_g.jpg

Only 10 were sent to Jeff Ash to be brainwaved

Last edited:
Hey MrGlass, on the bay they have a few brainwave dyed gold line disc or die saints. A bit pricey for my taste, but cool looking nonetheless.
thanks for the heads up. just got my disc or die saint today andnow i want one of those, but too pricey for me also and i hate ebay.

damn that is sexxxxxyy

I kinda feel the same way about my saint. I really really really want to like it but I just dont have a spot for it, My 3 teebirds really cover everything. My saint is just about the same as my eagle and even it rarely gets thrown. I pop my birds out to 330-350 now. I wanted my saint to be a bit more than that but im just not getting it.

For reference I do throw my comet very well. So oat isnt an issue. I can throw my saint well, just cant find a place for it.