• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

Thanks, so what weight would be good for my distance? I want to put some oomph behind it without it turning and burning.

Another thing, can they shape lines like an Eagle L or PD?

I never really got into the eagles. I use a 168 opto saint for my d and I really haven't done well with the gl. The gl 168 turned and never came back for me. It's the same problem I had with the river but I may have some oat issues I don't know about.

Honestly the gl saint wasn't as bad as the river but it was still pretty understable for me. You should direct your question elsewhere though cause I'm really not even good enough to give myself advice.

Thanks, so what weight would be good for my distance? I want to put some oomph behind it without it turning and burning.

Another thing, can they shape lines like an Eagle L or PD?

It really feels so much like a Viking to me, but a bit longer and more comfortable in the hand.

Sloppy Disc let me throw his 168 GL around Cedarock the other day and it reminded me a lot of a Viking too. Except it had way more glide. Really nice disc. It's got a nice little wiggle to it, really easy to s-curve for D.

Sloppy Disc let me throw his 168 GL around Cedarock the other day and it reminded me a lot of a Viking too. Except it had way more glide. Really nice disc. It's got a nice little wiggle to it, really easy to s-curve for D.

I've never thrown a Viking, but based on the Innova description of it I would put a Saint right there, too. It is nice and workable.

Who wants to trade Saints? I have a 172 blue GL in amazing condition with ink. I'd like to trade for a max weight opto.

My opto saint is a meat hook right now. Gotta work on beating it in...
I wish i had one!

what is the weight and what does the dome look like? I would say my saints are stable, not a meat hook. Id would be nice to have a more stable saint to knock the olf out of the bag.

thanks

threw the saint on a trial run today. play 9 holes with it. nice disc. used the PD too. def not as stable but i really did like both discs. I think i'll be going with the saint as it was straighter but a little hard to gauge without going to a field and throwing multiple shots without trees in the way to see how they do in an effort to replace my strikers.

elnino please share your findings!! all this dang pd talk around here may have me re thinking my saints.............
Id love to hear another take on the pd/saint comparison. I did not spend enough time with the pd before i threw the saint. THe saint just clicked.

;)

Frigo I am not defending the saint at all. But based on your post you gave it a good run and also made sure that the next owner would love it so great job!!! every saint needs a good loving home.

that said: if you can throw your comet farther than the saint you were not getting the saint up to its cruising speed. I smell OAT in your throw. The saint likes smooth. Not to be confused with powering down. the saint has to be one of the easiest discs to throw and throw far. A 300-350 throw for me is only at about 80% power. If i try too hard with the saint its done and will fly as you described it.

either way you gave it a good run and it didn't work out, but id venture to guess if you had cleaner form you would have enjoyed the saint even more. YMMV

I really don't think it's OAT because I toss the Boss and the Comet every single round when I have my full bag. Both are pretty OAT sensitive, but especially the Comet. The Boss should mean I'm capable of hitting a fast enough speed to make it work, that being said, I know that doesn't necessarily mean I WAS hitting the correct speed for it. I tried from 100-50% power without noticable success, my brother is beasting it RHFH though, he's a monster with that thing, so I'm glad I bought it. It has a great home. It just wasn't for me, though I'd be open to try a lower weight or GL if one of my friends gets one. I don't blame the Saint, I blame user error. :confused: :(

Slightly off topic, after the Saint didn't work out for me, tampabay finally talked me into giving the River a try and pushed me over the edge to buy a PD and man... I wish I'd thrown the River first, it's insane. The PD is great too, but the River is truly shining through. Awesome advice. It's everything I wanted from the Saint and more, plus the glide it has gives it a fantastic capacity for distance beyond what it should be getting without sacrificing an ounce of accuracy. It feels like I'm throwing a midrange that just floats forever. I know I compare everything to my Comet, but this is like a longer, more wind resistant version of the same disc. I love it!

Thanks again tampabay!

elnino please share your findings!! all this dang pd talk around here may have me re thinking my saints.............
Id love to hear another take on the pd/saint comparison. I did not spend enough time with the pd before i threw the saint. THe saint just clicked.

IMHO, if you like the Saint, stick with it, though if you have a PD already, absolutely, give it another shot. No harm in throwing a few extra shots a round to try something new, right?

I really don't think it's OAT because I toss the Boss and the Comet every single round when I have my full bag. Both are pretty OAT sensitive, but especially the Comet. The Boss should mean I'm capable of hitting a fast enough speed to make it work, that being said, I know that doesn't necessarily mean I WAS hitting the correct speed for it. I tried from 100-50% power without noticable success, my brother is beasting it RHFH though, he's a monster with that thing, so I'm glad I bought it. It has a great home. It just wasn't for me, though I'd be open to try a lower weight or GL if one of my friends gets one. I don't blame the Saint, I blame user error. :confused: :(

Slightly off topic, after the Saint didn't work out for me, tampabay finally talked me into giving the River a try and pushed me over the edge to buy a PD and man... I wish I'd thrown the River first, it's insane. The PD is great too, but the River is truly shining through. Awesome advice. It's everything I wanted from the Saint and more, plus the glide it has gives it a fantastic capacity for distance beyond what it should be getting without sacrificing an ounce of accuracy. It feels like I'm throwing a midrange that just floats forever. I know I compare everything to my Comet, but this is like a longer, more wind resistant version of the same disc. I love it!

Thanks again tampabay!

I have not ever heard of the Boss being OAT-sensitive. If anything, I have heard that the high speed drivers mask OAT.

IMHO, if you like the Saint, stick with it, though if you have a PD already, absolutely, give it another shot. No harm in throwing a few extra shots a round to try something new, right?

For me, the Saint is a bit more shapeable than the PD. I can throw it on different angles and have it hit with ease more so than the PD, but I didn't spend a ton of time with the PD either.

I have not ever heard of the Boss being OAT-sensitive. If anything, I have heard that the high speed drivers mask OAT.

For me, the Saint is a bit more shapeable than the PD. I can throw it on different angles and have it hit with ease more so than the PD, but I didn't spend a ton of time with the PD either.

Sorry, it was nearly 1 am here and I was typing without proofing, by "both" I meant to be comparing the Saint and the Comet, I only intended to bring up the Boss for the cruising speed issues. After rereading, it definitely reads like I was referring to the Boss and Comet. :doh:

I apologize for that mistake and would change it if I could. Obviously an overstable driver will always try to fade, no matter how it's thrown.

Sorry, it was nearly 1 am here and I was typing without proofing, by "both" I meant to be comparing the Saint and the Comet, I only intended to bring up the Boss for the cruising speed issues. After rereading, it definitely reads like I was referring to the Boss and Comet. :doh:

I apologize for that mistake and would change it if I could. Obviously an overstable driver will always try to fade, no matter how it's thrown.

No worries. It is interesting that you have more success with the Boss than the Saint, but some discs are like that for some people. I hated the Sidewinder, and it is supposed to be one of the easiest discs out there to throw!

I'd agree with this. PD's are great, but the Saint will shape much better and easier for me.

Latest posts