• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

It is definitely not as overstable/stable as a pd. Mine kinda flies like how my beat s-pd flew. My pd had been in the bag for ~1year and was at a sweet spot. I took it out of the bag for the saint solely for the reason that new s-pd are pretty beefy when new and take a long time to beat to the sweet spot, and i was afraid of losing my s and not having a readily available backup

When my saint starts to turn there isnt much fade at the end, and that is where i miss my PD in some aspect. It had a good turn, but would always fight back at the end.

I have a beat P-PD that is almost straight with the tiniest bit of curvyness to it. It will come close to doing what I want it to do. Just not nearly as shape-able as my GL Saint that is nowhere near beat.

rather than read over a thousand posts... how does this compare to strikers? I liked my striker, does this feel similar in the hand with a less stable flight?

might depend on what version of Striker you have

I tried a Striker recently and it wasn't that much different flightwise from my Saints

I personally would say that the Saint feels better in the hand...the wing shape and diameter of the shape are more traditional whereas the Striker is a larger diameter and has a higher nose (I believe)

the Saint absolutely excels in a tailwind

I had a really long low tail wind drive through a tight gap with a mando yesterday
probably my best ever drive on that particular hole
it rarely gets birdied...I got the birdie with a long Pure jump putt

rather than read over a thousand posts... how does this compare to strikers? I liked my striker, does this feel similar in the hand with a less stable flight?

I would agree with Manu here, it does depend on the striker you have. I was throwing Strikers as my main driver until the Saint came out.

My Striker flies exactly like my Pro Starfire (SL). Long and straight with a little fade at the end. The Saint can fly like that but with a tad more fade at the end with 80-90% power..almost no fade at the end and super dead nuts straight with 90-100% power. Well, at my 300' power that is. At 70-80% is where I can shape my lines and still easily get it out past 250-275'. At that level of power, it will fly a nice tight S curve that is really cool to watch.

I still pick up my strikers when there is a slight headwind or if I need a bigger fade at end. Both of mine are still meat hooks after 9 months. The 168 opto saint will go about the same d as the strikers with less effort unless there is wind. Any kind of crosswind or headwind and the saint stays in the bag.

I just ordered a 176 Opto Saint from MST. I hope it has the overstability I'm looking for. Then I'll have an OS, S, and US Saint in the bag to cover all my bases. I'm a recent convert to the more versions of the same mold mentality. It works with my TeeBirds, why not with my Saints too?

De-flash any sharp spots where the molds part, especially on the bottom where the core and wing meet. Also, if it stands up at all, carefully remove the sprue (where the plastic is injected into the mold) from the bottom middle of the flight plate.

It won't make it understable, but it will help.

Get the lightest GL you can and beat it up good. Play some heavily wooded courses and try to use it as much as you can.

My 172 GL likes to turn right at 80-90% power. It's a real mellow turn with no fade. My 172 opto is dead straight at the same power level. Funny thing is that the PLH and domes are almost identical between the 2 discs. I'm not sure if there is a magic formula for finding a US one.

My 172 GL likes to turn right at 80-90% power. It's a real mellow turn with no fade. My 172 opto is dead straight at the same power level. Funny thing is that the PLH and domes are almost identical between the 2 discs. I'm not sure if there is a magic formula for finding a US one.

I guess just throw them harder? they have a nice, smooth, gradual, long turnover with little fade at about 400'. Thats what the 3 I've throw fly like in opto.

My 166g Sparkle-Snowflake-Opto sexiness. I love me this disc something fierce.

Attachments

• WP_000784.jpg
    WP_000784.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 38
  • WP_000782.jpg
    WP_000782.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 29
threw out in the field today again

the saint is well WOW!

I'm offering up a like new star PD for another saint...prefer yellow or pink 168ish.

the PD is nice but beefy like a destroyer at 400 feet of power. i just really think i liked the glide and distance the saint gave me...

I'm a striker thrower so i compared
domey gl striker, snowflake striker opto and GL, star PD, and GL saint all about 168-170.

the saint did better on every throw even longer on hyzer bombs. I could do better low lines with the flat strikers but i'm throwing them now so i know them better.

saint is forgiving...PD is hyzer city if thrown poorly.....SAINT all the way...i think my strikers might be retired.

also i'm currently loving magics too.....never thought i would take out wizards and strikers....never say never!!!

I have liked my saint for a while but have been a bit turned off by the dark (very) blue color and some fairly severe flips from headwinds or bad throws. It is a mid 170's opto sparkle. Today I finally unlocked the full potential of what it can fly like for me. Max glide for really any disc (comparable to a blizz boss) and almost neutral when thrown at the right power leval. It is my fairway driver less stable than a teebird but much more than my beat X XL. I was throwing it 350 uphill and 450 down on slight hyzers, straight shots, and turnovers with fade at the end. I was feeling particulary smooth and the disc really paid dividends. Now I need a brighter one!

Just gave the saint another shot and I got a semi-overstable one, just like a faster teebird. I'm in love. Unfortunately due to its length the teebird will not leave. That could change but I doubt it.