• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

Interesting...I have an opto Saint and champ Teebird. For me, the Saint flies like a straighter Teebird, and a little longer because of slightly better glide. I also have a QOLF that is faster and longer than both those, even though OLF rim size is 1.9cm. The OLF feels like a driver, the Saint and Teebird feel like fairway drivers.

I never looked or noticed it in my hand, but do the saints have a plus-y ish rim? That might contribute to the fairway feel?

I literally threw my opto air in the garbage today. I got it a few days before Christmas. It started out with a long turn for 330 feet no fade. Now it's just dumb flippy. 150 feet turns and lands on its lid. This isn't oat cause I was still throwing my beat dx Leo great. Love my GL saint but this is just damn disappointing.

Hit my first ace of the year with my GL Saint today.

Hole 18 Rotary Park Huntington WV.

I bought this disc months ago and used it for a while. I let my dad borrow it when he lost his driver and i just put it back in the bag a couple weeks ago.

I literally threw my opto air in the garbage today. I got it a few days before Christmas. It started out with a long turn for 330 feet no fade. Now it's just dumb flippy. 150 feet turns and lands on its lid. This isn't oat cause I was still throwing my beat dx Leo great. Love my GL saint but this is just damn disappointing.

I thought you were gonna say your shot landed in a dumpster.

Sorry to hear that - what weight?

I've never bothered with the Air. I had a Sparkle Opto Saint, but I retired it to the shelf because I bought it at Dalaiwood and it's a first run. Been throwing a GL though and it's threatening a lot of other discs in my bag. They're all terrified to death that they're going to lose their spots in the rotation, so all of my discs are behaving better than ever. I've tried threatening discs before, but it never worked. It's because my discs don't respect me. But they certainly respect the Saint...

Hit my first ace of the year with my GL Saint today.

Hole 18 Rotary Park Huntington WV.

I bought this disc months ago and used it for a while. I let my dad borrow it when he lost his driver and i just put it back in the bag a couple weeks ago.

I just played there for the first time..... nice job man. Too bad it wasn't 17! That hole is amazing!

My seasoned PDs are the longest discs in my bag generally. The saint flies a lot like them, granted in my experience with the saint, which isnt nearly as extensive as the PD, it is a little touchier at high speeds than the PDs I have. But, they are the closest thing ive found to a beat S-PD, which IMO is the best kind. I can throw my main PD in the 380-420 range fairly consistently and pretty accurately. Time will tell if the Saint offers me the same thing, but if its even 80% of what a seasoned PD is, Ill prolly make the switch. Its taken me 3 years, 1.5 years, and 1 year respectively to get my current PDs where they are, and idk if i have the will to work more of them in if I lost one, or when its time to retire them.

What weight are those? I have a S-PD I've been working in for 8 months now...still no turn on it.

Let me ask...has everyone's experience been that the GL saints beat to understable within a couple months?...or is that just mine?

I've never bothered with the Air. I had a Sparkle Opto Saint, but I retired it to the shelf because I bought it at Dalaiwood and it's a first run. Been throwing a GL though and it's threatening a lot of other discs in my bag. They're all terrified to death that they're going to lose their spots in the rotation, so all of my discs are behaving better than ever. I've tried threatening discs before, but it never worked. It's because my discs don't respect me. But they certainly respect the Saint...

I've been very happy with my GL saint. I plan on getting an opto but I just got an spd that I'm very happy with so far. Opto saint and my spd would seem to over lap.

I thought you were gonna say your shot landed in a dumpster.

Sorry to hear that - what weight?
Day glow yellow 149

Let me ask...has everyone's experience been that the GL saints beat to understable within a couple months?...or is that just mine?

i have an opto saint and a recycled saint. now, i dont know how much difference the gl plastic would make, but i didn't have to beat mine at all. they both came out of the box ver understable and flippy

Does anyone have any side angle pictures that show the profile/thickness of the rim and overall domeyness of the disc?

Stupid question...and I know my answer is in this thread somewhere, but I don't want to read thru the whole thing...I have a 170g GL saint that I love. Flies with a slight turn to dead straight with a soft fade at the end. Now if I was to get a 174 opto saint...would it be crazy to hope for an "avenger" type flight characteristic? No turn, straight flight, with a good dependable fade at the end...as a good hyzer disc? I throw my GL saint right now a little over 350'.

Stupid question...and I know my answer is in this thread somewhere, but I don't want to read thru the whole thing...I have a 170g GL saint that I love. Flies with a slight turn to dead straight with a soft fade at the end. Now if I was to get a 174 opto saint...would it be crazy to hope for an "avenger" type flight characteristic? No turn, straight flight, with a good dependable fade at the end...as a good hyzer disc? I throw my GL saint right now a little over 350'.

You'll have to thrown that 174 opto flat or maybe with a bit of anhyzer at first, but it will eventually beat in to what you want. Might be better to get a heavier GL.

You'll have to thrown that 174 opto flat or maybe with a bit of anhyzer at first, but it will eventually beat in to what you want. Might be better to get a heavier GL.

Your saying that a 174g opto could give me a "more" overstable flight pattern than that of an avengers flight pattern?

Your saying that a 174g opto could give me a "more" overstable flight pattern than that of an avengers flight pattern?
it will be pretty close. Variations in the Saint mold might land you a more overstable one. Then again, some are pretty flippy from the get go.

I know i'm talking in circles. Why not get another avenger?

If you go heavier opto you will get less turn, still a little turn. if thrown with a small hyzer no turn. the opto in my opinion have an earlier more abrupt fade. They can compliment each other well. I use a gold line for hyzer flips and down hill/tailwind driver, and the opto that i have i can shape more lines because the fade is more pronounced. Never thrown an avenger. hope this helps.