• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

That's what I meant. All 3 of those discs you list aren't particularly long. I would think you might have 1 true distance driver in the mix, for the longest holes.

For me, I'm more concerned about placement and accuracy than distance. For max d, that is where my one of my three swords come in ;)

Neither GL or Opto Saint is anywhere near as power hungry or overstable as an Avenger. It's also not as long as an Avenger.

I can easily make a saint as overstable as an avenger and as long, if not, pretty close to the same d as the avenger.

For me, I'm more concerned about placement and accuracy than distance. For max d, that is where my one of my three swords come in ;)

Isn't everybody? I've recently disc'd down for that very reason, but I still keep a couple max D drivers in the bag for those extra long holes. Little use, but they're there if I need them.

Sword, okay.

I can easily make a saint as overstable as an avenger and as long, if not, pretty close to the same d as the avenger.

Then you're under throwing the Avenger...not on purpose I hope.

Anything can be done with release angles. It doesn't negate the variances among different discs, and shouldn't be used to do so(i.e. underthrowing or over-hyzering disc x to try and make it fly like disc y). Hence, your Diamond, Saint, and XXX setup...which I like, FWIW.

...but I still keep a couple max D drivers in the bag for those extra long holes. Little use, but they're there if I need them.

Sword, okay.

I hear you on that one. Gold line halos were my max d for almost two years until the sword replaced it this past summer. To each their own.

I think things have gotten a little off point here. Last discussion was asking for a comparison, or compatibility, between Avenger, XL, and Saint. IMO, the Saint is much closer in flight characteristics to the XL than the Avenger. It's in between the 2 in distance capability. A longish fairway driver, but by no means a distance driver. Hint: look at the rim.

Man, as many post I've done this past hour, it's practically what I've done all summer :D

IMO, the saint is a great all around disc.

I think things have gotten a little off point here. Last discussion was asking for a comparison, or compatibility, between Avenger, XL, and Saint. IMO, the Saint is much closer in flight characteristics to the XL than the Avenger. It's in between the 2 in distance capability. A longish fairway driver, but by no means a distance driver. Hint: look at the rim.

The Avenger and Saint both have the same size rim

PD, and OLF/S is the same size as well

The Avenger and Saint both have the same size rim

PD, and OLF/S is the same size as well

Should have read my post. I said the Saint is "by no means a distance driver. Hint: look at the rim."

The Avenger isn't really a distance driver either, speed 9. Like the OLS, Valkyrie, Wildcat, etc, the Avenger is an older driver design. Lower speed, narrower rim.

An Avenger is a little faster and longer than the Saint. How is it faster? My guess is the sharpness of the rim edge compared to the Saint. Throw them both together.

I read it. I took it to mean it it couldnt be a distance driver because of the rim size. I use PD as my main distance driver, and i know plenty that use pd/olf as well for the same role, was curious how the rim makes the saint not a distance driver. Its plenty fast.

I have thrown both. Im surprised Avengers are longer for you/anyone. I could see a seasoned avenger being longer, but i would think comparing two of each new, the extra stability of the avenger makes it shorter because it wants to fade sooner.

Last edited:
I read it. I took it to mean it it couldnt be a distance driver because of the rim size. I use PD as my main distance driver, and i know plenty that use pd/olf as well for the same role, was curious how the rim makes the saint not a distance driver. Its plenty fast.

I have thrown both. Im surprised Avengers are longer for you/anyone. I could see a seasoned avenger being longer, but i would think comparing two of each new, the extra stability of the avenger makes it shorter because it wants to fade sooner.

Well, maybe it's just me, but the Saint doesn't seem as fast or long as a PD or Avenger.

Depends on how much power is put into throwing an Avenger, and a flex drive will negate early fade and get big distance.

Anyway, Lat 64 calls the Saint a 'control driver', not a distance driver, like they do the Halo, Flow, Havoc and Bolt.

The Saint is pretty long though, longer than most fairway drivers.

Well, maybe it's just me, but the Saint doesn't seem as fast or long as a PD or Avenger.

Depends on how much power is put into throwing an Avenger, and a flex drive will negate early fade and get big distance.

Anyway, Lat 64 calls the Saint a 'control driver', not a distance driver, like they do the Halo, Flow, Havoc and Bolt.

The Saint is pretty long though, longer than most fairway drivers.

My seasoned PDs are the longest discs in my bag generally. The saint flies a lot like them, granted in my experience with the saint, which isnt nearly as extensive as the PD, it is a little touchier at high speeds than the PDs I have. But, they are the closest thing ive found to a beat S-PD, which IMO is the best kind. I can throw my main PD in the 380-420 range fairly consistently and pretty accurately. Time will tell if the Saint offers me the same thing, but if its even 80% of what a seasoned PD is, Ill prolly make the switch. Its taken me 3 years, 1.5 years, and 1 year respectively to get my current PDs where they are, and idk if i have the will to work more of them in if I lost one, or when its time to retire them.

Time will tell if the Saint offers me the same thing, but if its even 80% of what a seasoned PD is, Ill prolly make the switch. Its taken me 3 years, 1.5 years, and 1 year respectively to get my current PDs where they are, and idk if i have the will to work more of them in if I lost one, or when its time to retire them.

Not trying to derail the thread, but this is exactly why I carry a ton of different discs rather than follow mold minimalism. I would much rather throw a variety of feels/rims and get discs that perform how I want out of the box than I would have discs in various stages of wear that I constantly have to worry about rotating in or potentially losing.

The Saint is a beast!

only thing i dont like about the saint is how close the flight is to the striker. I like the striker better because of the much better glide. when i throw both discs, the flight pattern is almost exact except i get better carry from the striker. i just use my saint now for roller shots. i do only own one of each disc so the mold could be off since i havnt thrown more than one.

I'm still basically a noob but I remember, not too long ago, when speed 7 was fairway, speed 9 was distance drivers, & Destroyers were super fast!! Now speed 9 is fairway & I guess Teebirds will be mids before long! But I'm sure there are plenty of guys on here that had stingrays as distance drivers.

only thing i dont like about the saint is how close the flight is to the striker. I like the striker better because of the much better glide. when i throw both discs, the flight pattern is almost exact except i get better carry from the striker. i just use my saint now for roller shots. i do only own one of each disc so the mold could be off since i havnt thrown more than one.

This could be fixed easily. Just get a new one of whichever mold you want and youll have two discs that probably fly differently :)

This would be the detail thats holding me back from makig the switch, lats consistency is somewhere between gateway and innova, and the saint has t been out long enough for me to shop for the kind i want with confidence.

Interesting...I have an opto Saint and champ Teebird. For me, the Saint flies like a straighter Teebird, and a little longer because of slightly better glide. I also have a QOLF that is faster and longer than both those, even though OLF rim size is 1.9cm. The OLF feels like a driver, the Saint and Teebird feel like fairway drivers.

Latest posts