• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude/Dynamic OOP molds

It is crazy. I sell a ton of Tridents. I just had a customer buy 6 of them today since they're going OOP lol. All of the rest of them have been minimal sales here in my store, so my customers won't really miss the rest

This.

While the Trident is far from a top seller for us, it is the best of these by far.

This.

While the Trident is far from a top seller for us, it is the best of these by far.

Yeah, none shocked me on that list except the Trident. Such an interesting disc that fills a spot not many companies produce. But I guess since I have never bought one I am just part of the problem.

Those molds must take up space,must be annoying to keep in good repair, and any time you are molding unpopular molds take time away that you could be molding more of the popular ones. If it doesn't sell enough to justify the effort, why not put it oop. Not saying there aren't going to be plenty of people who miss it, but thems the breaks when it comes to business. I wish Coke had never put Citra and C2 oop, but no one asked me. Now maybe a new company will start by buying oop Trilogy molds. Seriously, I am sure there would be a market as long as it was a limited production outfit.

I think I was confusing "out of production" with "never going to be produced again." Innova has dusted off several OOP molds and put them in the Factory Store. Maybe Lat will do the same thing in the future.

I would suspect the Saint sells well. Someone like KW might be able to give you more facts. I know there is a webpage with a listing of the Trilogy best sellers that Dynamic puts out, but can't find it at the moment.

Edit: here it is http://www.dynamicdiscs.com/order/Trilogy-Best-Sellers.pdf
Opto Saint is number 15 for Lat

People rant and rave about the Opto Pure all the time on here, it's surprising to me that they didn't make the best seller list. Same thing with the Giant...in any plastic.

People rant and rave about the Opto Pure all the time on here, it's surprising to me that they didn't make the best seller list. Same thing with the Giant...in any plastic.

The dgcr community and real life community are incredibly different. Everyone on here raves about the PD and Ive never met anyone in real life who throws a pd. People rave about the pure on here, and Ive never seen anyone in real life throw it.

We are the 1%

None of those are bad molds at all. Well, I can't speak for the Fugitive, never thrown one. The Pain was great before Innova came out with 27974 versions of premium plastic Rocs; it's a great Champ Roc clone in pretty plastic. Dumb name though.

None of those are bad molds at all. Well, I can't speak for the Fugitive, never thrown one. The Pain was great before Innova came out with 27974 versions of premium plastic Rocs; it's a great Champ Roc clone in pretty plastic. Dumb name though.

I have a friend who made his Opto one's stamp say "Anal Pain". I chuckle every time I see it.

Loved the pain when I threw it, liked it more than the mace for sure. Bummer its on the way out.

The Trilogy Challenge mid this year, the Evidence, is remarkably similar to the Fugitive as far as flight characteristics. If I were to guess, the Fugitive is the slowest selling of DD's mids and the Evidence has that "new hotness" going for it in essentially the same slot.

Also, I think Halcón is correct that out of production doesn't mean never to be produced again. It could be they've found they have an excess of these molds in the warehouse and don't see the need to add to that stockpile with another full run of the disc, and partial runs (smaller quantities) aren't cost-effective enough to justify. So these molds get put in deep storage, perhaps never to be used again or perhaps to be dusted off for a limited run in 10 years or something.

I don't know of any locals that threw any of these molds with a permanent bag spot. I would see a few of them now and again being tried out but not permanently.

The most popular stuff locally is whatever McBeth has a stamp on and whatever new releases trilogy has (which they mostly abandon six months later).

Trident is the only one that seems like it doesn't belong, but I guess they think we should just throw XXX for that.

Coming Soon next year Trident Reborn

Jk
Good thing i bought 4 tridents last week.. Now i decide to keep throwing tridents or move back to vipers, or try something new

I went slower when dropping my tridents and moved to the Justice. It's good up to 330 for me and that's where I can start using Firebirds.

Would maybe try the MOAB if you want similar lines.

MOAB is literally a viper but flat top and champion plastic. Its so beefy

That's why I suggested it. Like a trident you can pump it out hard and it will go straight for a bit then dump super hard. And unlike a DX Viper it stays that way.

Good thing they are dropping molds that not many people use.

To me, a Pain is a fresh Roc that stays fresh. Luckily I have four lying around. Seriously bummed about the Trident though. Guess I'll have to pick up a few more.