• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude/Dynamic OOP molds

I don't understand the Pain and Trident thing. Especially since Feldberg promoted the Trident quite a bit. The Riot and Blitz are great discs (Feldberg loved the Blitz in the beginning) but I do understand that their rim shape is just not for everyone.
I guess they base this on sales numbers as well...

Its all about money dog.. Just cause a disc doesn't sell doesn't mean its bad...

I certainly will be trying to get a few more of my favorites before their gone!

I don't understand the Pain and Trident thing. Especially since Feldberg promoted the Trident quite a bit. The Riot and Blitz are great discs (Feldberg loved the Blitz in the beginning) but I do understand that their rim shape is just not for everyone.
I guess they base this on sales numbers as well...

Perhaps the Trident overlaps too much with the Spark which is a Feldberg signature disc? Pure speculation by me of course. The Trident was marketed as a midrange tho, but both the Trident and the Spark have a 19mm rim

I hope this opens up Lat 64 for new molds. I love Westside and DD, but not Lat 64 so much. Weird rims on the drivers. Really would like to see a better Sorcerer.

I hope this opens up Lat 64 for new molds. I love Westside and DD, but not Lat 64 so much. Weird rims on the drivers. Really would like to see a better Sorcerer.

From their own announcement:

...Somewhere down the line they might be produced again if popular demand warrants it but for now we will focus on new discs so that we can keep up with demand.

Several molds are being tested and tuned at the Latitude 64 factory to be ready for next year...

Its all about money dog.. Just cause a disc doesn't sell doesn't mean its bad...

I've been reading this thread with interest, and viewing this from the standpoint of the business side of it. I have no idea what the sales figures for these and other Trilogy discs are, and it would interesting to know this to understand the decisions, but without that data there are still some things upon which we can speculate.

First, I've noticed that most, not all but the majority of these discs are overstable discs. I can see that these would not sell to casual golfers as more understable discs, but it also suggests to me that the pros in the Trilogy stable might not like them. If that is true, I'd expect new molds to be announced by next Spring.

Second, and if new molds don't happen, then maybe we'll be seeing the backlog inventory of these discs coming out in limited releases over time. I can hardly believe that if they have inventory they wouldn't want to get it out and get it cleared. Llimiting availability makes them more valuable to those who like the molds, and until they get their own McBeth so they can put grand slam stamps on discs to move the inventory, this is one way to do it.

Just some thoughts and curiosities on my part. Curiosity killed the cat... and satisfaction brought him back! I guess we'll see over time...

Several molds are being tested and tuned at the Latitude 64 factory to be ready for next year

Iconbanana1.gif

trident is too good to OOP.
there is nothing like it, IMO.
and it's very useful/powerful weapon.

just received my first trident today. white opto 167g.
never had the trident in my mind unless i read about lat ooping this mold and everybody complaining about. im still a noodlearmed noob, discovered dg 6 months ago, throwing nearly every day and slowly gathering more and more os molds to complement the us ones i began with. so the trident fit right in this spectrum.
fell in love with the trident by the first throw. fh 80m straight followed by a sharp fade and a nice skip. driving fh and bh was absolutely great. was surprised i could throw it that far (at least for me) thinking about the glide rated with 2. as i prefer approaching as often as possible with an anny-fh the main role i was expecting from the trident was to flex out of the anny powered down. the trident was superb here as well and was nicely rangeable for me.
perhaps its a bit too soon to judge this disc after 2 hours throwing but so far im absolutely excited. im already thinking about ordering 1 more just to have a backup. great disc!

Sounds like this thread is about to be updated with a bunch of discs soon. I am sure the Thief is going to be on the list. Good thing I have a stack from the Trilogy Challenge that will last me for many years.

Sounds like this thread is about to be updated with a bunch of discs soon. I am sure the Thief is going to be on the list. Good thing I have a stack from the Trilogy Challenge that will last me for many years.

Yeah, seems DD is going to cut a dozen molds. Its inevitable. No one can stock all that stuff if you keep cranking out new molds all the time.

Renegade and Freedom would be the first 2 to go for me. Witness would be 3rd.

Are the Trespass, Sheriff, Captain, or Convict in any danger?

Trespass has to be safe, it's a super popular mold for them. Sheriff has seemed reasonably popular, but with the release of the Raider being same speed but a tick more stable I have to think that's bad news for the Sheriff. Captain hasn't seemed to move the needle, so I'd expect it to be cut too.
Convict is an interesting one. It's Paige's signature disc, but frankly I don't think it's a great mold and just about everyone else switched to the Getaway (a much better mold) instead. Plus, if you really want a Convict then you can just get a lightweight Biofuzion Getaway and hit a few trees. Boom, now you have a Convict. If Paige didn't love it so much it'd absolutely be toast, but it seems like a weird PR move to cut it. So who knows on that one.

Looking at my own personal list of DD molds that I currently bag, and only one really makes me nervous:
Verdict: quite popular, it's safe
Emac Truth: zero% chance that mold goes away, it's one of their top discs
Evidence: I have a bad feeling about this one. It is a fantastic straight flying mid but it's just not very popular. I may need to buy a big stack because I think the Evidence is toast.
Felon: Popular disc and Eric Oakley's love child. Safe.
Getaway: Newer mold and all their pros bag them, many in multiple plastics. Safe.

So of my 5 DD molds, 4 of them seem like locks to stay in production. But man...I really don't want to lose the Evidence.

Surprised the Renegade gets so much hate. My 175 Opto is reliably straight on a hyzer flip with great glide. Just ordered a couple backups since I keep seeing it mentioned as likely on the chopping block.

Frankly I'm more worried about what Westside will cut. Hatchet, Tursas, Stag...none of those are flying off the shelves anymore. Yikes, I could be in for some problems once the Westside cuts are announced.