• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude/Dynamic OOP molds

Thanks for the in-depth analysis!
I really like each of those four molds, and didn't like the Raiders and Getaways I tried nearly as much. Might have to get a backup or two before they disappear

Surprised the Renegade gets so much hate. My 175 Opto is reliably straight on a hyzer flip with great glide. Just ordered a couple backups since I keep seeing it mentioned as likely on the chopping block.

Have you thrown an MVP Wave, specifically in Plasma plastic? I'm a Renegade hater and found the Plasma Wave to be exactly what I had hoped the Renegade to be. But only in Plasma, because the other MVP plastic types mold up too flat and glideless for that type of disc.

Thanks for the in-depth analysis!
I really like each of those four molds, and didn't like the Raiders and Getaways I tried nearly as much. Might have to get a backup or two before they disappear

I have the same thought with my beloved Evidence. I guess I could try a Fuse instead, but I KNOW the Evidence is great. If DD's goal was to trick their loyal customers into becoming hoarders, then they've succeeded. Will definitely be picking up a stack to add to the four I already have if it's one of the OOP molds.

I worry about Westside too. I recently just discovered how underrated Westside is and I'm enjoying several of their molds. Where they are co-owned by DD and 64 and are the least popular of the 3 I see them getting the biggest cut. I'm hoping it's mostly in the distance driver and putter lines. Their fairway drivers are outstanding.

FWIW:
Latitude has 62 molds
Dynamic has 34 molds (cutting 35%)
Westside has 32 molds

Guess for Dynamic: Gavel, Proof, Fugitive, Evidence, Breakout, Thief, Freedom, Warrant, Criminal, Captain, Witness, Marshal

The email/blog entry said that 12 molds will go OOP. I'm not sure if that's DD or all three Trilogy companies.

Dunno about the Renegade, but I think the Freedom might be on the chopping block. Perhaps the (non-EMac) Truth. My concern is that my putter, the Marshal, might be dropped, as well.

Frankly I'm more worried about what Westside will cut. Hatchet, Tursas, Stag...none of those are flying off the shelves anymore. Yikes, I could be in for some problems once the Westside cuts are announced.

Stag scares me... I may just go buy 3...

Trespass has to be safe, it's a super popular mold for them. Sheriff has seemed reasonably popular, but with the release of the Raider being same speed but a tick more stable I have to think that's bad news for the Sheriff. Captain hasn't seemed to move the needle, so I'd expect it to be cut too.
Convict is an interesting one. It's Paige's signature disc, but frankly I don't think it's a great mold and just about everyone else switched to the Getaway (a much better mold) instead. Plus, if you really want a Convict then you can just get a lightweight Biofuzion Getaway and hit a few trees. Boom, now you have a Convict. If Paige didn't love it so much it'd absolutely be toast, but it seems like a weird PR move to cut it. So who knows on that one.

I like the Sheriff and Captain. If I had to pick one of them to go, it'd be the Captain. DD (if they can) should keep both. The Captain does fill a nice slot for hyzerflips when the Sheriff is being stubborn. That said, I think the Sheriff and Captain are pretty close in flight. You wouldn't need to bag both. I do agree that the Raider release could be making the Sheriff people nervous. The Captain just isn't popular. I bet it gets the axe, unfortunately. The Captain is what the Freedom wanted to be, but a speed slower.

I don't like the Convict either. It just picks the weirdest times to get flippy and erratic. The Getaway is way more steady, and can be thrown much harder w/ accuracy.

Surprised the Renegade gets so much hate. My 175 Opto is reliably straight on a hyzer flip with great glide. Just ordered a couple backups since I keep seeing it mentioned as likely on the chopping block.

Renegade is my least favorite DD disc. Absolutely a turd of a driver, and it doesn't fly as advertised. This one has to be at the top of the chopping block.

I don't think I've ever been as mad/disappointed in a mold as I was with this one.

I use the following all or some of the time and would be bummed to see these go;

Lat64; Stiletto
XXX

DD; Justice(safe I think)
Sheriff
Enforcer(also safe)

Westside;
Bard
Harp(safe)
Swan
Stag
Warhorse
Giant
Ahti

Basically all of the Westside ones have me on edge. Maybe Risley throwing Bards helps, but the Warhorse and Stag I use a ton and would hate to see them go.

Frankly I'm more worried about what Westside will cut. Hatchet, Tursas, Stag...none of those are flying off the shelves anymore. Yikes, I could be in for some problems once the Westside cuts are announced.

That would really suck if they drop the Tursas. I'd probably have to switch to Stingrays

Renegade is my least favorite DD disc. Absolutely a turd of a driver, and it doesn't fly as advertised. This one has to be at the top of the chopping block.

I don't think I've ever been as mad/disappointed in a mold as I was with this one.
Your take on this mold is bizarre. Not every mold is for every player. There is absolutely nothing wrong wit that mold. It serves a very important role in their lineup. I'll probably give them another go eventually in my never ending search for a distance driver for downwind.

That would really suck if they drop the Tursas. I'd probably have to switch to Stingrays

Yeah, the Tursas really is the best out of the box flippy mid. Would be very hard to replace. I think I can get my workhorse Evidence beat into Tursas territory eventually, but if they both get axed then I've got big problems. This pre-announcement announcement is just causing a lot of unnecesary anxiety as it makes us worry about every mold that isn't wildly popular or new.

Stag scares me... I may just go buy 3...

I'm a very recent convert to Stags, but I love them. I've got a max weight with a huge dome that flies almost as stable as a Teebird, and then a 169g with less dome that is super workable and kind of an FD level of stability but with a little more finish. In different weight/dome combos Stags can really fill just about any stability you could want in a fairway driver, other than a true headwind fighter. I'm looking forward to beating in the 169g to see if it eventually can take over Hatchet flip-to-turnover duties. I guess I could go back to Escapes, but I've really enjoyed the slightly lower speed that the Stag offers. Plus, the Stag seems to respond better to release angles for me.

...I'll probably give them another go eventually in my never ending search for a distance driver for downwind.

Plasma MVP Wave. It makes a HUGE difference in Plasma vs the other plastics. That extra dome that they get in Plasma plastic makes them a fantastic hyzerflip or tailwind driver.

Yeah, the Tursas really is the best out of the box flippy mid. Would be very hard to replace. I think I can get my workhorse Evidence beat into Tursas territory eventually, but if they both get axed then I've got big problems. This pre-announcement announcement is just causing a lot of unnecesary anxiety as it makes us worry about every mold that isn't wildly popular or new.

I'm a very recent convert to Stags, but I love them. I've got a max weight with a huge dome that flies almost as stable as a Teebird, and then a 169g with less dome that is super workable and kind of an FD level of stability but with a little more finish. In different weight/dome combos Stags can really fill just about any stability you could want in a fairway driver, other than a true headwind fighter. I'm looking forward to beating in the 169g to see if it eventually can take over Hatchet flip-to-turnover duties. I guess I could go back to Escapes, but I've really enjoyed the slightly lower speed that the Stag offers. Plus, the Stag seems to respond better to release angles for me.

Your release angle comment is why I love them. It's the only disc that for me has ever been able to both do a straight to fade line and hold an anhyzer to the ground if you need it to at over 350 ft.

Plasma MVP Wave. It makes a HUGE difference in Plasma vs the other plastics. That extra dome that they get in Plasma plastic makes them a fantastic hyzerflip or tailwind driver.

I have one, and it's in the mix there. Our courses have been flooded for so long that i have not been able to play much. I should probably use this time to throw all these things downwind at the soccer fields.

I think the easy to throw line might be gone. Gavel, Proof, Breakout. I also think the Thief has gotten replaced between the Maverick and Vandal. I think one between the Truth and Evidence will go. Possibly the Warrant, since the Patrol is out. I could see the Freedom and Renegade going away from the distance drivers. Hard to imagine they would get rid of anything that's been molded up in the last couple years, so I don't see the Captain, Sheriff, or Slammer going anywhere, even though they don't seem the most popular.

So that adds up to... 8? I have no idea where the other 4 will come from. I throw Judge, Verdict, Getaway, and Felon, so I personally hope it isn't any of those.

Judges and Felons aren't going anywhere, those are crazy popular

I think Westside and Lat64 are more cluttered than DD, but there might be some popularity overseas with some of those molds that I'm not aware of.