• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude/Dynamic OOP molds

The problem with the Freedom is it is a warp speeder. Too fast for slow arms, too flippy for not-slow arms. Very little middle ground of folks that can make use of it. It's only useful application for most players is maybe an off the shelf roller. I'm not sure if it's useful for anything else really. Tomahawks off the top of a mountain maybe.

The problem with the Freedom is it is a warp speeder. Too fast for slow arms, too flippy for not-slow arms. Very little middle ground of folks that can make use of it. It's only useful application for most players is maybe an off the shelf roller. I'm not sure if it's useful for anything else really. Tomahawks off the top of a mountain maybe.

The Freedom also was very inconsistently molded up. One could get a board-flat disc that had no glide, or one could get a domier disc that turned and burned when even a noodle-armed player threw it. Or anywhere in between.

What irritated me most, though, was the hype by the company when the mold was first introduced. So I'll be smiling a little smile if they end up taking it OOP after all that 'fake news' hype they inundated us with...

90%+ of projections have the Evidence as being one of the OOP molds. It's one of my most used molds. The only question is whether to stock up now while they're easy to find, or wait for the official announcement. I'm still hoping that they OOP both the regular Truth and Warrant, and leave the perfect middle ground (Evidence, obviously) alone.

Personally, I think the Truth should be OOP for a couple reasons. It's not a true straight-to fade disc like the Emac, and it's not really a lazer hyzerflip disc like the Evidence either. For me, it's an awkward inbetween stability that I can only describe as squirrely.
Plus, there's always the confusion among new players: "oh I heard Truths were great discs so I got one. Wait, DD makes two different discs both called the Truth? What's the difference? Which should I get?" Just keep the one that 95% of players prefer and cut the original Truth. Plus, that would drive up demand of the much better straight mold, the Evidence.

I bag both truths, emac and plain jane, one each in prime plastic, one truth in bio fuzion, one in emac in fuzion. Seems to be working out for me in the shot process. Haven't tried a evidence yet, but haven't really felt the need to.

90%+ of projections have the Evidence as being one of the OOP molds. It's one of my most used molds. The only question is whether to stock up now while they're easy to find, or wait for the official announcement. I'm still hoping that they OOP both the regular Truth and Warrant, and leave the perfect middle ground (Evidence, obviously) alone.

Just because you like a mold, does not mean it is popular and will stay in production. You may just have to suck it up and deal like I have. I realized a long time ago the Thief was not popular, despite me using it often. So I stocked up on the ones I like over the years and now have a nice stash. If you like the Evidence, I would suggest looking on Ebay or the like for some cheap castoffs. I looked at Infinite's list of best selling Dynamic molds (list is about 25 I think) and the Evidence is not listed. I would place a strong wager on any of those 6 or 7 that are not listed are going on the OOP list.

I looked at Infinite's list of best selling Dynamic molds (list is about 25 I think) and the Evidence is not listed. I would place a strong wager on any of those 6 or 7 that are not listed are going on the OOP list.

Maybe I'm (politically-incorrect "R"-word), but I can't find that list. Could you link it please?

Anything think that some of these molds could wind up filling up Discmania's Evolution lineup?

Anything think that some of these molds could wind up filling up Discmania's Evolution lineup?

I doubt Discmania would love that, but maybe some of the mold pieces could be used. Just like with the stuff Innova does for Discmania, it will probably be hybrids of Lat mold pieces and possibly a new top mold piece like the Anhyzer top.

Just because you like a mold, does not mean it is popular and will stay in production. You may just have to suck it up and deal like I have. I realized a long time ago the Thief was not popular, despite me using it often. So I stocked up on the ones I like over the years and now have a nice stash. If you like the Evidence, I would suggest looking on Ebay or the like for some cheap castoffs. I looked at Infinite's list of best selling Dynamic molds (list is about 25 I think) and the Evidence is not listed. I would place a strong wager on any of those 6 or 7 that are not listed are going on the OOP list.

Same thing for me when the Hornet was taken OOP. I bought more, and expect my stash to be enough for the rest of my DG playing career. I'm also concerned about the Marshal being taken out, but I have a stash of them, too.

It's possible, of course, but the sense I got from the blog post was that they're thinning the herd because (they think) they have too many molds. So they announce a big OOP, people panic and stock up on their favorites and deplete the inventory, and they drive on and eventually create new molds. Rinse, repeat in a few years.

Only Innova seems to keep churning out almost every mold they've ever made, when they're the ones that probably really need to thin their herd... or at least stop inundating us with higher and higher speed drivers...

I won't miss any of these molds, but I was very disappointed when I heard they were no longer offering Elasto plastic. Grippy, durable, and more stable than their other offerings. An Underworld or Hatchet in Elasto were, for me, as good as it gets.

I won't miss any of these molds, but I was very disappointed when I heard they were no longer offering Elasto plastic. Grippy, durable, and more stable than their other offerings. An Underworld or Hatchet in Elasto were, for me, as good as it gets.

I used the King and Giant in Elasto... still have a few but wish I'd bought a couple more. It was really good stuff.

I used the King and Giant in Elasto... still have a few but wish I'd bought a couple more. It was really good stuff.

I thought about searching for the remaining Elasto/Fluid/Frostline discs, but I have instead decided to start throwing Discraft's ESP and Innova's Pro as they have made a commitment to these plastics and offer them in many molds.

I'm just anxious to hear all the butthurt when they OOP somebody's favorite mold

giphy.gif

I'm just anxious to hear all the butthurt when they OOP somebody's favorite mold

I believe Eric Oakley is going to be fielding hours of Q&A to help people fine tune their bags. It's gonna feel like October 29th, 1929 in Emporia.

The Freedom also was very inconsistently molded up. One could get a board-flat disc that had no glide, or one could get a domier disc that turned and burned when even a noodle-armed player threw it. Or anywhere in between.

What irritated me most, though, was the hype by the company when the mold was first introduced. So I'll be smiling a little smile if they end up taking it OOP after all that 'fake news' hype they inundated us with...

What was the Freedom hyped as? One of those discs that average DG'ers could throw 500'?

I know when the Spectra came out people were saying the same thing. I never liked that damn disc either. Flippy and fairly glideless.

I've probably touched 450' with a Freedom before, but it literally takes a PERFECT line to do so. If you miss your shot by the tiniest iota the disc will fade short or dive right into the ground.